• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ : November Edition Thread | Welcome Vita Gamers !

Yesterday: Waaa! Waa! SCEA sucks and doesn't care and so one and so forth.
Today: Holy macaroni, SCEA is the best thing ever.

Yeah, you guys are so easily convinced and bought. Sony has you right where they want to.

Well I said this before with crossbuy but now I REALLY need to get a Vita.

So every time you sign in to ps+ it renews that expiration date I assume.

Games that you download (or even just start it) will stay on your download list even after expiring from the store.

Joni

Posted this in the other topic, but it's relevant here too. I asked why there's a discrepancy between the Vita content in the US and EU:

Oh, fuck you SCEE.

I really hate it when they try and make out less and worse content is better for us.

Isn't it the same on the PS3? EU has less games in the IGC, but they get switched more so the end result is the same.

jayb

It should only need to renew if you've renewed your PS+ subscription date. In that case, I'm assuming the expiration date update is only done when you fire up a game and you're online.

Omikaru

Yeah. The expiration date is the end date of your current PS+ subscription.

So, for example, mine ends on May 5th 2013. That means all my PS+ games have an expiration date of May 5th 2013. So if I take my PS3 offline and don't reconnect to PSN, all of those games will expire on that date, even if I renew my subscription.

However, if I renew my subscription, say by 12 months (so the new expiration of my subscription is May 5th 2014), and then take the PS3 online, all of those expiration dates will be updated to my new end of subscription date.

Dantis

Isn't it the same on the PS3? EU has less games in the IGC, but they get switched more so the end result is the same.

Mmmmmmaybe.

I wouldn't mind if we'd gotten like, four Vita games, but we've gotten less significant games than the US, whilst they also have more games than us.

Probably gonna get a vita after this news. With cross buy and now this. Its a no-brainer. Are there any good black friday deals?

Toki767

Mmmmmmaybe.

I wouldn't mind if we'd gotten like, four Vita games, but we've gotten less significant games than the US, whilst they also have more games than us.

I think the EU guys are just a little spoiled due to the PS3 Plus offerings. There's a ton of high quality PS3 games EU Plus got that the US didn't. The one time SCEA outdoes SCEE and you guys riot.

Only thing so far is the COD Bundle for $200. That includes a black Wifi Vita, 4GB memory card, and COD:BOC. It's a pretty good bundle for the price.

That sounds great. What store? That's 50 bucks off. How much are memory cards. I think a 16 gb would probably be good. I don't mind re-downloading stuff.

Katzii

As a "newbie" to this PS+ palaver, I would like to know whether I can still continue to play games that have been taken off of the list as long as I keep them downloaded.

Toki767

That sounds great. What store? That's 50 bucks off. How much are memory cards. I think a 16 gb would probably be good. I don't mind re-downloading stuff.

Best Buy/BJ's Wholesale/Toys R Us

Target has the wifi Vita with Lego Batman 2 for $199 as well, but that doesn't come with a memory card although if you're buying a 16gb anyways, it won't matter.

As a "newbie" to this PS+ palaver, I would like to know whether I can still continue to play games that have been taken off of the list as long as I keep them downloaded.

As long as you are subscribed to PS+, you can delete them and redownload them anytime you want even if they are taken off the list.

seady

Yeah. The expiration date is the end date of your current PS+ subscription.

So, for example, mine ends on May 5th 2013. That means all my PS+ games have an expiration date of May 5th 2013. So if I take my PS3 offline and don't reconnect to PSN, all of those games will expire on that date, even if I renew my subscription.

However, if I renew my subscription, say by 12 months (so the new expiration of my subscription is May 5th 2014), and then take the PS3 online, all of those expiration dates will be updated to my new end of subscription date.

That's very clear, thank you so much for the explanation.

Best Buy/BJ's Wholesale/Toys R Us

Target has the wifi Vita with Lego Batman 2 for $199 as well, but that doesn't come with a memory card although if you're buying a 16gb anyways, it won't matter.

Might be a better deal as it has no logo on back touchpanel.

As long as you are subscribed to PS+, you can delete them and redownload them anytime you want even if they are taken off the list.
The old games will be downloadable even if you stop being a member and resub later. Basically you'll only miss the games you don't add to your download list when they are on plus.

Coconut

Banned
I'd waiting till late next week to by any hardware or software. I'd even wait till the following Monday to see what deals might pop up.

Hesemonni

Banned
Hmm, dumb question, can I sign to PSN and subscribe to PS+ via web browser somehow?

Also, is subscribing enough or do I have to actually download the games (Don't have Vita atm :p)

Hmm, dumb question, can I sign to PSN and subscribe to PS+ via web browser somehow?

Also, is subscribing enough or do I have to actually download the games (Don't have Vita atm :p)

None at all. The website even makes you use the consoles (Vita or PS3, not sure about PSP) for even the free trials.

OnPoint

A PS+ account with a PS3 can get the Vita content, but you'll still need a Vita down the road to actually play these.

Well yeah of course, I just wanted to make sure I could download them without a Vita, for when I get one in the future.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Well yeah of course, I just wanted to make sure I could download them without a Vita, for when I get one in the future.
You shouldn't even need to download. Add to cart and check out. That purchases a license which puts them into your download list. At that point, you're done.

Coconut

Banned
You shouldn't even need to download. Add to cart and check out. That purchases a license which puts them into your download list. At that point, you're done.

You can queue it up for download and then remove it and it'll be in your previously purchased list. Seems like something silly to complain about for a thing that is essentially free. Do you feel that when an item goes on sale and you add it to your cart but don't intend to by it until a few months later that you should still get it at that price?

orfax

You can queue it up for download and then remove it and it'll be in your previously purchased list. Seems like something silly to complain about for a thing that is essentially free. Do you feel that when an item goes on sale and you add it to your cart but don't intend to by it until a few months later that you should still get it at that price?

I don't think jvm was complaining. Its as simple as he says. Just add it to your cart, and check out. No need to download or queue it up for download.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I don't think jvm was complaining. Its as simple as he says. Just add it to your cart, and check out. No need to download or queue it up for download.
Correct. Previous poster needs to go back and reread my post as informational not commentary. Sheesh.

Carl

US update

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ate-instant-game-collection-comes-to-ps-vita/

8190806943_714f926155_z.jpg

Some good sales too, check out the blog post

Music Unlimited for one year for $12 seems like a great deal. I'm not signed up for any of these music streaming services - Might as well jump on now.

I wish the Sega sale was better. Might jump on Hell Yeah depending on what the Amazon/Steam price is this week

LakeEarth

Ooh, my g/f will play the crap out of Sonic! What a nice surprise.

BTW, Quantum Connundrum is pretty good, I recommend trying it out. Especially if you're itching for a Portal-ish style first-person puzzle platformer.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Music Unlimited bomba. Anyone have a feeling they'll offer it for free soon?

Someone on Twitter told me the iOS version sucks. Only reason I'd consider it

Carl

I subscribed to Music Unlimited for about a year and quite enjoyed it. Used it via the Android app and on my PC mainly. $12 is a bargain

Torraz

So, I know that the US store updates at "Grace Chen Time", but is there some average time to check in at? Really looking forward to uncharted/gravity rush and the other games.

graywolf323

So, I know that the US store updates at "Grace Chen Time", but is there some average time to check in at? Really looking forward to uncharted/gravity rush and the other games.

Uncharted and Gravity Rush you don't have to wait until tomorrow for, that should be live whenever the system update for Vita goes live today (from what I understand)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Uncharted and Gravity Rush you don't have to wait until tomorrow for, that should be live whenever the system update for Vita goes live today (from what I understand)

Nope. PS+ updates on store refresh. Today is just PS+ features like the cloud saves and vita improvements.

Plus the blog specifically states tomorrow

For $12 a year, you cannot really go wrong. I would sign up, but I don't have a + subscription.

12 what?

i was under the impression its 10 a month?

edit: I see it. Damn...I'm still in my 60-day free trial period though...

Music Unlimited bomba. Anyone have a feeling they'll offer it for free soon?

Someone on Twitter told me the iOS version sucks. Only reason I'd consider it

It's buggy enough to be a nuisance for sure. But when it works it runs circles around all the other services

Top Bottom