• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ : November Edition Thread | Welcome Vita Gamers !

pantsmith

For anyone picking up Quantum Conundrum for the first time, turn the voices and subtitles off. Seriously. It improves the game tenfold, and leaves the story open ended and survival horror-esque.

With voices on you have to listen to the equivalent of an annoying uncle telling endless bad jokes for the duration of the game.

Duffyside

Banned
Yeah, until EU gets Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 as its free game. Then it's back to endless whining.

;)

Not from me, that's for sure. I love getting gems that I missed like KoF and this. I don't see the point in offering "BIG" games, at least not all the time. Haven't the people interested in huge games like that already bought it? In this case, even preordered it?

V_Ben

Banned
Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush and Chronovolt.

Yup. Pretty good starting lineup, especially if you don't own any of those. I have UGA and GR on Cart, but i'll totally trade those in and pick up something new if i get them digitally.

What what what?! Is this true? Amazing if so. I already have Gravity Rush, but I will certainly trade it in (and get a bigger Vita mem card).

EDIT: Aw darn, the save data is linked to the cart isn't it :( That is relatively ridiculous.

Damn that is awesome. i will trade in uncharted and i hadnt bought gravity rush yet. this makes up for the us not getting any ps3 games.

What what what?! Is this true? Amazing if so. I already have Gravity Rush, but I will certainly trade it in (and get a bigger Vita mem card).

EDIT: Aw darn, the save data is linked to the cart isn't it :( That is relatively ridiculous.

I don't think it is? I traded in gr and I'm pretty sure the bubble is still on my vita...though that maybe dlc.

GeoramA

QwMie.jpg

androvsky

Holy shit at the US lineup. Yeah, that makes up for a lot, the hilarious thing is even the PS1 game is the one Final Fantasy my wife and I are missing.

Derrick01

Banned
Holy shit that's the US lineup? I wanted jet set, Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Wipeout and I'll take FF tactics as well.

If that's really for us then brav-fucking-o SCEA. That's a hell of a list.

Tobor

Let me guess...europe only?

Nope, US!

PS Blog said:
Once you update your PS Vita to v2.00 and PS Store publishes next Tuesday, PS Plus members will be able to download the Instant Game Collection, which includes PS Vita games Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Jet Set Radio HD, WipEout 2048, Gravity Rush and Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!, as well as (PSP) PlayStation Portable hit Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions.

Holy crap, that's a lot of stuff! I'm glad I stopped buying Vita games. :p

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...or-ps-vita-available-next-week-take-the-tour/

Joni

Wow. Hadn't bought Tales from Space, ChronoVolt or Gravity Rush yet. Will download and play!

But honestly, the Vita cloud space is much more important. You don't have to worry about deleting your save games anymore when you make room for other games.

fernoca

Already have Uncharted and Gravity (both retail); but nice freebies.

EDIT:
Oh!
Have WipEout too...but not the others...and Jet Set Radio free too! Glad I put the PS3 version hold... now. :p

dc89

Uncharted hey? I'll give that a play.

Had a email about this just before mid day. Embargo'd though until 4PM GMT. :(

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So did they screw up and reveal next week's PS3 game early? Pretty disappointed in Dungeon Defenders being the next PS3 freebie. =/ The console version is terrible compared to the PC version.

Holy shit at the US lineup. Yeah, that makes up for a lot, the hilarious thing is even the PS1 game is the one Final Fantasy my wife and I are missing.

It's not the PS1 version of FFT. It's War of the Lions, the PSP remake.

Dungeon Defenders is a great game, but just bite the bullet and buy it on steam where the developers actually supported it. I bought in on the PS3 at launch, got sick of seeing the PC version get new content after new content and switched to the PC and never looked back

jayb

that final fantasy game is playable on PSP, right? or is it just a port to vita, that's only playable on vita?

Tiu Neo

That's a ridiculous fucking list :lol

I'm so glad I'm only now getting a Vita. On the downside that 4gb card from the AC:L bundle isn't going to cut it.

Yeah, a bigger memory card is one of the first things you'll have to get to Vita. It's expensive, but it's necessary... even more now, with the Plus games.

Dantis

Posted this in the other topic, but it's relevant here too. I asked why there's a discrepancy between the Vita content in the US and EU:

Posted on 13 November, 2012 at 4:07 pm by PsychoDantis

Hmm, great news, though I hear the US gets six titles, including Wipeout, which is obviously another Vita retail release.

Why the discrepancy?

Posted on 13 November, 2012 at 4:21 pm by Chris Howe

No real reason we just feel it is a better set up for EU this was, but there will be a few surprises over the coming months so look out :)

Oh, fuck you SCEE.

I really hate it when they try and make out less and worse content is better for us.

Coconut

Banned
So say you get ps+ and then cancel the service and never connect your vita to the Internet ever again do you get to play those free games until the next time you play connect to PSN?

jayb

So say you get ps+ and then cancel the service and never connect your vita to the Internet ever again do you get to play those free games until the next time you play connect to PSN?

if it's like PS3, each game has a built in expiration date. it'll expire whether you're connected to the internet or not.

Omikaru

Oh, fuck you SCEE.

I really hate it when they try and make out less and worse content is better for us.

It depends on how frequent the content is changing. It may turn out that EU users get more over the course of a year, as is the case with PS+ for PS3, but that in any one individual month the amount of total games available is less.

Posted this in the other topic, but it's relevant here too. I asked why there's a discrepancy between the Vita content in the US and EU:

Oh, fuck you SCEE.

" No real reason we just feel it is a better set up for EU this was, but there will be a few surprises over the coming months so look out :)"

I guess we'll see better content in the end, ha ha ha :)

Oh, fuck you SCEE.

Calm down. As I said in the other thread, PS+ is one of the few areas where SCEE actually listen to their fanbase, so I've no doubt they'll improve it from here. They certainly did on the PS3 side, even though we started out with less games, didn't they?

Top Bottom