• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ : November Edition Thread | Welcome Vita Gamers !

Mrbob

Couldn't care less about year old disc games going free. If it's not a psn release it might as well be nothing. If I wanted to play re5 I would have bought it 5$ used/on steam by now.

True, but I can see a benefit to RE5 being free. It's easy marketing to build hype before the next release in the series. The problem is RE5 Gold being free is being about two months too late.

My Plus sub runs out later this week. I'll hold off on renewing until I see what the Vita is getting.

If I had a better PC I'd just drop Plus all together and put $50 towards Amazon's DD sales

Duffyside

Banned
I'm glad someone is thinking of the billion dollar corporation here. Bless you.

The billion dollar corporation who is worth a fraction of what it once was and who has had to lay off people every year it seems. It's not quite as simple as "who cares about rich corporations," dude.

Moreover, I care about the gaming industry, and want to see the best home console competitor rewarded for their efforts, so that others follow their lead.

And I already felt that plus paid itself off for me when Ratchet and clank:all for one went for free. Thats why I never complained.

$50 for a year of free games (even if it were PSone games/PSN games) is amazing value, even if some consider it a glorified rental. Chances are I don't want these games in my physical collection and still want to play them once.

I guess other members never got that game they truly wanted to play for free.

That's how I feel. PS Plus paid for itself in these last two months of "shitty" updates, and before then too. I never would have never touched Awesomenauts if it weren't for Plus, and it's my second favorite game of the year, and that is not adjusted for price (ie, I would pay $60 for Awesomenauts before any other game this year not named Journey).

RE5 Gold is going for $20 on Amazon right now, and I bet similar on PSN. We just got a $20 game, plus more to come this month. Can't see how anyone would call that a bad deal.

Duffyside

Banned
Just because PS+ is an amazing that doesnt mean it shouldnt face any criticism.

US PS+ has been handled horribly bad and it deserves the criticism it gets otherwise it will never improve.

How has it been handled "horribly"? Because people are silly enough to say "Red Dead is blockbuster, KoF is not, US Plus sucks"? I think KoF is ten times the game Red Dead is.

Chesskid1

Banned
i never thought PS+ was a good deal in the first place, compared to something like netflix.

never played RE5 so im ok with this.

gonna wait on vikings reviews, hopefully it's good.

Shadybiz

Cool, I am very happy with RE5 Gold being free. I never got around to playing it past the demo, so this will be fun for awhile.

Couldn't care less about year old disc games going free. If it's not a psn release it might as well be nothing. If I wanted to play re5 I would have bought it 5$ used/on steam by now.

I'm of the opposite opinion. I love getting full retail games that I'm interested in but haven't gotten around to buying yet for free (Although RE 5 doesn't fall into this category). Most of the PSN games I've gotten with Plus were games I wouldn't have played if they weren't free, and did not particularly enjoy.

Shadow780

Feels like PS+ is great for new PS3 owners who haven't got a huge library to begin with, not as much for long time owners. That being said the free games and discounts offered easily exceed the $50 cost.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
there should be a separate thread for PS+ complaining. No matter what they add, people will never be happy.

Its one thing to say "ah, damn. i already have RE5" or "meh, not too interested in this update". But that is rare. Its usually more along the lines of "fuck Sony, update is shit". "Waste of money, cant wait for my sub to lapse"

People can and will complain no matter what.

Foxix Von

100%. KoF is probably the best 2D fighter this generation, and Red Dead is yet another overrated Rockstar mess. I HATE Red Dead. Bought it Day 1 and have tried to go back to it five times, always to learn to only hate it more.

That tends to be my relationship with virtually every Rockstar release. I haven't gotten around to playing with KoF but I wouldn't be surprised to find that it is indeed a better title than Red Dead, but frankly that isn't saying much about KoF.

Duffyside

Banned
there should be a separate thread for PS+ complaining. No matter what they add, people will never be happy.

Its one thing to say "ah, damn. i already have RE5" or "meh, not too interested in this update". But that is rare. Its usually more along the lines of "fuck Sony, update is shit". "Waste of money, cant wait for my sub to lapse"

People can and will complain no matter what.

Right on. I wonder how many people who say they want their sub to lapse are somehow still around a year later.

That tends to be my relationship with virtually every Rockstar release. I haven't gotten around to playing with KoF but I wouldn't be surprised to find that it is indeed a better title than Red Dead, but frankly that isn't saying much about KoF.

I'm with you. Red Dead was the last Rockstar game I'll ever buy at launch, or maybe ever. I hate GTA and Max Payne. A Bully sequel would be the only franchise that might slightly interest me, but at this point I've learned my lesson enough to know to wait before making that hypothetical decision.

Next week game is a puzzle? Catherine or Quantum Conundrum.

Would like them both.

B-B-But, Catherine didn't sell five million copies, so it must be shit and therefore not a good update! Why can't we get Modern Warfare 3 instead?
Catherine's better than MW3.

If people never paid for their PS+, do they have a right to complain? serious question, lol
Probably not but since when has that stopped anyone?

I also don't care that much about the stuff I'm getting (or not getting) from Plus. The thread is just fun to follow because of ridiculous posts from Duffyside and the like.

Feels like PS+ is great for new PS3 owners who haven't got a huge library to begin with, not as much for long time owners. That being said the free games and discounts offered easily exceed the $50 cost.
This. I'd be upset if I was knee deep in the system, but now I don't mind having copies of a game for both systems. RE5 was my most wanted title, so now I can beat it on it's 3rd platform.. Can't believe I'm saying that.

Duffyside

Banned
You don't think anyone should complain though.

Wrong and misleading. I strongly disagree with people's complaints about the value of the service, while there might be other complaints regarding it that I see as valid, if not applicable to me, such as download speeds. If you pay for the service, you have every "right" to complain, even if you're more-wrong-than-anyone's-ever-been-on-GAF's-gaming-side-and-that's-really-saying-something.

Also, criticism is different than complaining, or whining. Even a person who got a hundred years' worth of free trials could criticize the service without a peep from me. But more of the standard "Crysis 2? Really? Fuck you, Sony" crap is completely undeserved.

Prezhulio

are either of the dlc campaigns in re5 good? i own and have played through vanilla re5 a couple times, but didnt even remember that there was campaign dlc for it when i looked up just exactly what re5 gold was.

Dantis

are either of the dlc campaigns in re5 good? i own and have played through vanilla re5 a couple times, but didnt even remember that there was campaign dlc for it when i looked up just exactly what re5 gold was.

Lost in Nightmares is great.

Torraz

So I just downloaded RE 5 Gold. I also have a PS Move.

However, I have read conflicting reports. Some say that Move works really well and some say that it is quite inaccurate. Which of these positions is the truth, or at least closer to it?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I think I don't have one of the RE5 DLC campaigns, so I guess I'll be downloading that.

fernoca

-Lost in Nightmares is similar to the first RE game. Set on a mansion, few enemies, darker look, puzzles, etc. (is a prequel to the main story, explain how Jill "dies")
-Desperate Escape is more RE5 like-action (set after you fight/rescue Jill in the main story)

Both are good, but short. The "meat" of the Gold Edition is having eveyrthing together (the main game, the 2 extra chapters, the new Mercenaries modes and characters/costumes) and the PSMove support.

However, I have read conflicting reports. Some say that Move works really well and some say that it is quite inaccurate. Which of these positions is the truth, or at least closer to it?
Is is like the Wii version (if you played the Wii version). As long as you see the cursor on the screen as that, and not try to play it as if you're directly aiming at the screen, you'll be fine.

You just downloaded it. Try it for yourself?

Top Bottom