• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Now Beta Coming to PS4 Tomorrow

rothbart

Wait so it's separate from the PS3 beta? Stupid. If you're in that you should be in this.

The code allows you to download the client. They're different clients, hence different codes.

It makes sense if you don't knee-jerk too much. I'm guessing everyone that was already in is still in, there's been no indication to the contrary.

Cool, have it on PS3 already but I haven't been putting a ton of time into it since I just don't play my PS3 much. PS4 will get a lot more action.
I'm in the same boat.

I played about an hour of saints row 3 and it was OK. My PS3 is on a wireless connection tho so that might have something to do with it.

Hopefully the experience is better on my PS4 which has a wired connection. I'll finally get to play Catherine! For free.

muse41

Banned
If the pricing is right and monthly subscription is offered then this has the potential to be a big game changer for PlayStation.

Thousands of games will instantly be added to the PS4 library. Couple of that with better graphics than the other competitor and then the PS4 becomes no-brainer console of choice.

Sami+

Hope I get in. I could have sworn I registered months ago, but I think the page looked different from the one linked above. Maybe not, I guess?

Jomjom

Banned
I really hope people who are already in the PS3 beta automatically get into the PS4 beta. My PS4 is the console that's actually using wired internet so I would like to see how it performs. I'm guessing we won't get to stream the beta on Twitch.

the_champ

Banned
Havent read a lot about PS Now, but it is supposed to be a cloud platform to provide PS3,2 and 1 to PS4, isnt it? If thats the case, then it could be possible to deliver PS4 games for older Playstations. THAT would be crazy!

Experien

This is sweet but I am disappointed that Sony still hasn't sent me my code for PS Now on PS3...it has been well over a month.

Aces&Eights

Damn it, I thought this was an announcement about the Beta being open now.

Also, it looks like I never registered? I thought there was some form I filled out earlier this year but maybe that was something else.

Me too. I swear I signed up and to be safe I just did again. I'm wondering if it just keeps taking your info rather than run a search and advise you are already enrolled?

vgamer1

Havent read a lot about PS Now, but it is supposed to be a cloud platform to provide PS3,2 and 1 to PS4, isnt it? If thats the case, then it could be possible to deliver PS4 games for older Playstations. THAT would be crazy!

Which they would never ever do. Ever.

Atlas157

That would be dumb. No one would buy a PS4 if you can stream PS4 games to PS3.

Signed up and hoping. I purchased lots of games through PSN, so I hope that increases my chances. The beta titles got leaked awhile ago, didn't it? I know one I want to try out.

mattp

Just click the reload captcha button to give you new letters.

yeah i've been. i gave up, no matter how many times i tried new captchas it kept saying the text i entered didn't match. it's not like the text is even warped i know i was putting the right letters in. oh well

Mihos

Gold Member

There is a loss of quality, it would be like buying the HD version of the game if you tried it on a subscription then wanted a better experience with it.

Also not sure how the developers get paid. It may be the best way to get 'something' instead of nothing if the game just isn't selling.

AndyD

aka andydumi

This will eventually expand to Bravia TVs and others devices. It's not meant as a console replacement service, but more as an occasional gaming service. So if they have a few PS4 games on there it won't eliminate the motivation to get one, if anything it may increase it by being good advertising.

Atlas157

This will eventually expand to Bravia TVs and others devices. It's not meant as a console replacement service, but more as an occasional gaming service. So if they have a few PS4 games on there it won't eliminate the motivation to get one, if anything it may increase it by being good advertising.

If it's only a few games then yeah it'll be good marketing.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Via the blog:

You’ll need a new voucher code specifically to download the PS4 version of the Beta app. In addition to inviting a new bunch of Beta testers specifically into the PS4 Beta, we will also be working on getting PS4 codes to those already in the PS3 Beta.
If you are in this boat, be patient, and look for a code coming to your email inbox over the next week or so.

ieatzombies

The code allows you to download the client. They're different clients, hence different codes.

It makes sense if you don't knee-jerk too much. I'm guessing everyone that was already in is still in, there's been no indication to the contrary.
Somebody in the psblog said they'll be sending out new codes for the psnow app specifically for the ps4 to the ones already in the ps3 beta as well. I was wondering the same since I know my Ps4 runs way faster.

VanWinkle

I got an email getting accepted into the PS3 beta, and then never even got a follow-up email with the code. Been waiting over a month so I just forgot about it.

Hexa

I keep seeing this thrown in response a lot when people make that point and it makes no sense to me. Why the hell would they care if you buy a PS4 or not? They make no money on PS4s. They make money on games. They'd make just as much if not more through PSNow if they followed the traditional sales model, eliminate the used game market, make piracy impossible, and keep much more control over the games that are 'sold'. It sounds horrible from a consumer rights point of view, but a wet dream from the perspective of a corporation.

the_champ

Banned

Well, I dont think Sony and MS are making any profit on hardware sales... so IF the strategy is to expand its PS+ user base... why not to open it to everyone? I mean, im an X1 user BUT if i would be able to play lots of great games on Now, i would pay for it (to pĺay them through my pc... or even my One!). I have to admit it sounds a bit crazy... but, why not?

_Ryo_

I wonder if PS4 PSNow will be playable via Remote Play or will it require standalone Vita client.

I dont think adding a RP latency on top of PSNow latency is a good idea.

Um. Isn't PSNOW coming to PSVita, why would you need remote play?

To you guys who got the accepted invite email, you filled out the survey thing in the email right? You had to do that to actually get a code.

Top Bottom