• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus Extra and Premium August games announced

Banjo64

cumsessed

Game Catalog lineup for PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium members:

• ⁠Yakuza 0
• ⁠Yakuza Kiwami
• ⁠Yakuza Kiwami 2
• ⁠Dead by Daylight
• ⁠Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands
• ⁠Bugsnax

Also available on August 16 are:

• ⁠Metro Exodus
• ⁠Trials of Mana
• ⁠Everspace
• ⁠UNO
• ⁠Monopoly Madness
• ⁠Monopoly Plus

jaysius

Banned
Bugsnax?!?!

That was "free" to PS+ subs on LAUNCH of the PS5, I know it was ONLY the PS5 version, I guess that was the game all that time only "giving" PS5 versions NOT PS4 versions, now they can give BOTH and pretend like it's something new.

Uno and Monopoly games??? ROFL!!!

ManaByte

We've had what? 1 or 2 games added to classics since launch?

tumbleweed GIF

Fbh

Meh month to be honest. But base Ps+ was fantastic so not complaining.

Bugsnax?!?!

That was "free" to PS+ subs on LAUNCH of the PS5, I know it was ONLY the PS5 version, I guess that was the game all that time only "giving" PS5 versions NOT PS4 versions, now they can give BOTH and pretend like it's something new.

Uno and Monopoly games??? ROFL!!!

Regular ps+ games can only be claimed during the month they are free. Meaning that anyone who didn't own a Ps5 during its launch month, which at this point is the vast majority of Ps5 owners, didn't get "free" access to it

I was just complaining how Ghost Recon keeps showing up on the xbox Gold thread. And here it is again.
Is this game really that good that it has to be everywhere? Gold, Plus, Gamepass, Extra, Epic Store.
I need tongs to remove Ghost Recon from it being jammed down my throat everwhere all the time, last year too.
Ghost REEEeeeecon

Chukhopops

Trials of Mana is pretty great especially if you’ve played the original SNES game.

Bugsnax is terrible honestly. Not even worth a download.

Trials of Mana is a good get. But, why the hell are they ignoring PS1, PS2 and PSP.

It's like they're going out of their way to sell the cheaper Extra Tier and convincing people not to get Premium.

anthony2690

Banned
Isn't bugsnaxx already on the service? I thought it came out for free near the launch off the ps5 (I could be wrong though)

& More people will get to experience Yakuza with minimal entree fee, I hope the series gains more fans :)

Uno and Monopoly should stay on the service permenantly. I'm suprised that Consoles don't champion more simple games like, Reversai, Checkers, Chess, Backgammon, Cards of all kinds. old school board games that you can just online hookup with anyone anywhere around the world and play at anytime.

solidus12

Might not renew my premium subscription since it’s a joke.
The classics game list is abysmal, where are the PS1, PS2, PSP, and PS3 games?

ReBurn

Gold Member
The good news is I still have quite a bit of stuff from initial launch of the new tiers to play through.

anthony2690

Banned
Awesome list full of AAA. I know all these titles. Trials of Mana and Metro Exodus are a big get.

PS+ the best deal in gaming.
A trial of metro exodus is a big get.... okay then.
On the plus side if you decide you'd like the own it and playthrough the game, it frequently drops to £8 with all expansions every other week.

Outside of Premium, this new PS+ has hit the ground running and is good value. The games Sony have added makes it excellent value without them taking a financial hit by including their own games on day one. I’m not a fan of subscriptions, but Sony has hit the sweet spot with extra.

StormCell

A trial of metro exodus is a big get.... okay then.
On the plus side if you decide you'd like the own it and playthrough the game, it frequently drops to £8 with all expansions every other week.
Is it a trial or is it the full game? It reads as though it's the full game, and if I'm not mistaken this game has already dropped to below $15 on sale before... I bought it for like $12 months ago.

Also, GAF, isn't Wildlands supposed to be a really good game? Kind of having trouble getting into it. The driving feels subpar, and the missions are all kinda bland so far.

it frequently drops to £8 with all expansions every other week.
Well, that's an issue with these rental services. I see people freaking out all the time, that a huge 100 hour game becomes available with their service.

Yet, they are paying $15 a month and that game could easily take a month to finish and is frequently on sale for as low as $5 - to keep. They just never bothered buying it, because it wasn't worth even that $5 to them, but now that they've already paid, it seems like a great deal.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Also, GAF, isn't Wildlands supposed to be a really good game? Kind of having trouble getting into it. The driving feels subpar, and the missions are all kinda bland so far.
Eh, it can be fun in co-op, but it's another case of Ubisoft fucking up a series. GR Wildlands and Breakpoint aren't even proper GR games.

I prefer Wildlands over Breakpoint though.

Top Bottom