• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus July offerings for NA

Does anyone think that the developer behind Towerfall will ever put in an online mode for that game? I'd love to play the game with my friends, but I don't want to buy extra controllers to only play it when friends occasionally come over.

Does anyone think that the developer behind Towerfall will ever put in an online mode for that game? I'd love to play the game with my friends, but I don't want to buy extra controllers to only play it when friends occasionally come over.

If adding in an online mode means increased latency equaling a poorer experience, I would hope not. I say this as someone that would love to play this against friends online but having played a ton of local MP with it, would understand why they wouldn't go that route.

balohna

It was coded by one guy so it seems unlikely, but it's possible. Stranger things have happened in the world of indie games.

I own Dead Space and Dead Space 2, but not the third. So this is perfect for me. I'm also excited to try Doki-Doki Universe since I couldn't convince myself to buy it at launch.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

If your friends own PS4s, why not have them bring over their controllers?

UberTag

Towerfall is the best couch co-op game on PS4 hands down. Great get for anybody with multiple controllers.
Yes now people will get to experience the glory of Towerfall! If they have extra controllers and friends that is 0.o
Friends I can do. But can Vitas stand in as PS4 controllers? I have two of those. Please say yes.

Also, should the absence of a newly released PS4 title being free with Plus next month - breaking the trend of consecutive months since launch - be indicative of even digital releases taking July off?

oh my, PS+ continues to deliver.

In for Towerfall Ascension, Dead Space 3, and Muramasa Rebirth. Already have Strider which is fantastic :)

KnaveX

Neo Member
Towerfall is so damn fun, also the bane of my existence and the topic of many heated gaming sessions with the girlfriend. Im glad more people will now get their hands on it.

Friends I can do. But can Vitas stand in as PS4 controllers? I have two of those. Please say yes.

I used mine for co-op and it works excellently, considering how tough the game can get later on.

bumpkin

I almost bought Strider last night, too. Glad I held out!

Not to say it's not worth the cost of admission, just saying getting to play it for free is nice.

Ducayne

So I have phsycal Muramasa cart. If I upload my save data to PS+ and trade in the cart, I can use the same save come July?

Pretty good games, overall. I was wondering if we were getting Muramasa at all, guess we are! That Doki Doki thing looks interesting, and it's cross-buy so I won't complain.

Pimpwerx

Wish I didn't buy strider. I've hardly played it. I've got to stop jumping at these stupid discounted games until I clear my backlog. It's a good game though.

I got no interest in Towerfall. PEACE.

EGOMON

So I can use one of my Vitas as an extra controller but not both. Gotcha.
At least two will be enough for some local Towerfall multiplayer.
May even use this trick to give Sportsfriends a try while I'm at it.

Yeah only one Vita can be used at a time

Sad about the PS4 titles only because I got Strider on XB1 and Towerfall is all couch co-op and I have no gamer friends since moving so I'll probably never play it. The vita games are awesome this month though.

hawk2025

Sad about the PS4 titles only because I got Strider on XB1 and Towerfall is all couch co-op and I have no gamer friends since moving so I'll probably never play it. The vita games are awesome this month though.

Towerfall is not all couch co-op.

There's a very nice campaign and dozens of trials.

Jomjom

Banned
I was about to buy Muramasa because I was beginning to think it would never come to US PS+ too. Saved me about $30!

Griss

Just finishing up the last trophies on Muramasa. Now this is one repetitive game. A classic case of solid micro-mechanics desperately searching for some proper macro-mechanics to fit into. If that made any sense.
The moment to moment sword play is fine, but what you do in the game as a whole is boring as fuck.

Game's gorgeous, though.

LakeEarth

Yes @ Strider. Lost money for Capcom though, I would've totally bought it instantly if they ever put it on sale on PS4 since release. Interested in Towerfall. No online is what prevented me from pulling the trigger when it was first released.

Really good month.

ultron87

I don't think so. It is both an immense technical hurdle for the single developer and, more importantly, it seems like he opposes it on a philosophical level as well.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/14/towerfall-ascension-on-ps4-behind-the-arena/

Matt Thorson: Local multiplayer is just a great way to bring people together. These games can allow players to express themselves socially through play, and get to know each other by interacting in the game. And those interactions can bleed into the real world. It’s really simple, but so powerful.
Being local rather than online makes those interactions even more personal — these are actual people sitting right next to you, not a vague representation of a person somewhere else in the world. The energy in the room is a big part of TowerFall.

Aru

I knew I shouldn't have bought Muramasa when it was on sale not too long ago :/
Since I don't have a PS4, nothing for me this month. Already beaten Dead Space 3 on PC, got Vessel in a Humble Bundle and I have no interest in Doki Doki Universe.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I knew I shouldn't have bought Muramasa when it was on sale not too long ago :/
Since I don't have a PS4, nothing for me this month. Already beaten Dead Space 3 on PC, got Vessel in a Humble Bundle and I have no interest in Doki Doki Universe.

Do you not "purchase" them from the store anyhow so if/when you do get a PS4 you have those games?

Moosehole

I already have Strider and Dead Space 3 but they're both real solid games and everything else looks appealing.

Especially Muramasa!

derfybzh

I think I'm done buying indies and arcade titles for PS4 , seeing them in PS+ a few month after getting them ...
I prefered the original trend on having new releases on PS+ for PS4. Too bad for them they wil not have my money anymore.

Top Bottom