• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus July offerings for NA

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Grabbing at least four of those, PS+ just keeps giving! When will the July content become available to download?

Strider is one of the best games I've played this year. So smooth.

Don't even think about it, just download it when it hits PS+ and play it :)

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Do people not just add all of the selection to their cart even if they are not interested in everything? Better to have the option to try it out in months to come than not at all.

I will officially no longer buy indie games on the store, this is what Plus has confirmed.

Excited for Strider, hear a lot of positive things about that game.

Not interested in the PS4 titles this month - BUT I also said that last month and ended up enjoying Trine 2 and PixelJunk Shooter quite a bit.

Yeah, last month was fantastic for me too. Though, I knew all along I would love those games. Not feeling this month's PS4 games. Neither one of them is my style at all. But lots of people seem pretty excited, so cool for them.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Oh man, so glad I didn't buy Strider on X1 last week! Two great games for PS4!
Already have Muramasa, but I'm curious about Doki.

TheRook

Muramasa looks cool, I liked Dragons Crown so I may enjoy this.

I don't have a PS4 right now but I'll queue Strider anyways for when I do get one, I'll have something else to play.

Deadspace 3....I hear alot of bad things about this game, but Ima play it to give it the benefit of the doubt because I dislike being influenced by other peoples opinions.

Drakeon

Awesome, can't wait to try towerfall with my brother. I'm not sure I'll have four people to play though :( Strider is also cool. I wonder if its cross buy for ps3?

Pretty much the reason I haven't bought an indie game on PS4 yet (except Transistor). Both of those games were just such obvious candidates for IGC that, though I wanted to play both, I knew it made sense to just wait...and here we are.

Aw man. I bought Muramasa when it was on sale but I didn't even play it yet. Fffff. But anyway, Strider has my interest. Not sure if Towerfall is worth a damn. Dead Space 3 is a pretty big fail on the PS3 side. Boo.

Kind of wish I held back on buying DS3. I just started the game too. No complaints though. Overall, I'm excited.

EDIT:
Deadspace 3....I hear alot of bad things about this game, but Ima play it to give it the benefit of the doubt because I dislike being influenced by other peoples opinions.

I'm about a third of the way through with the story. I honestly don't think it's that bad story-wise. It's the same ol' "crap happens, we need you Isaac, go out in space and help, shoot things, fix things, shoot more things, fix more things. I mean, he IS an engineer.." That's my experience so far. Action-wise.. can be more tedious/annoying. You're dealing with monsters under pressure. They like to throw a group of them at you, half of them running at you but you can only shoot one of them at a time. No matter how good I can be, you'll still end up getting hit; it's inevitable. Very annoying.

PS+ is the reason why I don't buy digital games on any PlayStation product. Most digital games on Xbone are also for PS products and I have no issue spending the leftover money on exclusives on Nintendo products.

Been wanting Strider for a while, maybe I'll finally turn on my PS4 in half a year.

does it matter if Sony is making their money back in Plus subscriptions?

Yeah, to a certain extent I think Sony doesn't mind losing a bit of "standard" software sales in exchange for the steady income from plus. Third parties probably don't either, since they get money from putting their games on plus and can use it as advertising for sequels and DLC (note how Muramasa has two more DLC releases to go on top of the two in the store right now, as an example.)

And perhaps most importantly, PS+ is a gateway drug to buying digital. If PS+ results in slightly fewer software sales overall but more digital sales, that's a net gain for everyone except Gamestop.

impact

Banned
Disappointing. Already bought Strider day one and played it for 30 minutes because you can't use the dpad. Towerfall looks dull as shit unless you've got four people to play with locally (lol) At least Muramasa looks kinda cool I guess?

Hollow

Not bad. I was planning on picking up Strider anyway.

I wonder when we'll start seeing full retail titles show up on PS4.

WGMBY

Woo! Towerfall and Strider have been on my list to get for awhile, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Guess I'll have to go get extra controllers for Towerfall

GAF, do I need to play through 1&2 to get into Deadspace 3? Is it a standalone title?

There's certaintly a story worth getting into regarding the first two; certain characters going away, returning etc.

Honestly, if you play Deadspace 3 and get some sort of enjoyment from it, you're going to love 1 & 2.

Top Bottom