• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita firmware 1.8 is the one to watch for PSOne Classics

TheFatOne

Games need to be recertified to be published as Vita titles on the Vita store only.
Also let's be real, 98% of Vita owners have a PS3.

This is some pure bullshit. Like how you pulled the 98% figure out of your ass. This update is practically useless for me. All of the PSOne games I wanted to buy aren't available. Sony just loves to disappoint when it comes to the Vita. The level of incompetence from Sony is mind boggling. I want to give them my money, and yet they can't even get PSOne support right.

Dunno if it's already been posted. I'm on my phone. I was able to transfer breath of fire 4 and threads of fate to my vita. Threads is running right now!!

Agent X

Call me stupid but where the heck are the PS1 games on the store? I can't find them anywhere. (through the Vita I mean)

I believe we have to wait until the next PS Store update. I have Twisted Metal 2 (one of the confirmed games on PS.Blog), which I purchased from PS Store several years ago. I checked my download list, and it doesn't allow me to download it yet.

patsu

probably will be updated at the usual time tomorrow

Ah possible. It better be longer than those 8 games, after building up the 100 game expectation.

The hard core gamers don't really care who announced it.

I was going to check out FFVII.

hongcha

Man, Grandia looks so awesome on the vita and playing with the analog stick is so much better than using the PSP's lousy analog nub. Policenauts is stellar too. And it's great to carry around Donpachi too! So many good games on the JP store, I'm glad most of them are working on day 1.

zroid

Banned
Man, Grandia looks so awesome on the vita and playing with the analog stick is so much better than using the PSP's lousy analog nub. Policenauts is stellar too. And it's great to carry around Donpachi too! So many good games on the JP store, I'm glad most of them are working on day 1.

wat

my Vita won't recognize Grandia D:

Or are you not in NA?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Since he also mentioned Policenauts, I assume he's playing Japanese versions.

Or he's found a way to play the fan translation with PSXP emulation keys, in which case he needs to reveal his secret. :|

tearsofash

It's a sign. That's your PS3 telling you to stop playing the horrible PS1 version and go find the superior GBA version.

You mean the GBA version with the SNES music patch?

Yeah, I'm just replaying it for the story not to be impressed by how it sounds or looks.

B.K.

You mean the GBA version with the SNES music patch?

Yeah, I'm just replaying it for the story not to be impressed by how it sounds or looks.

I never noticed any difference in the music in the GBA version. It's not about the way the game looks or sounds, it's how it performs. The loading in the PS1 version will add a few more hours to your play time. That's time you could be spending on another game.

zroid

Banned
I never noticed any difference in the music in the GBA version. It's not about the way the game looks or sounds, it's how it performs. The loading in the PS1 version will add a few more hours to your play time. That's time you could be spending on another game.

I played it for the first time on the GBA so I was basically fine with it. Didn't know any better. But since then I have heard the difference and it's rather dramatic :(

I don't think I would want to go back to it. It's so sad that there really isn't a definitive version of the game in English. SNES has bugs and a weird translation; GBA has the terrible audio; PS1 has the load times. Bleh.

I'm still hoping for a 3DS remake.

KalBalboa

Banned
Fun trick:

I made a playlist on my PC of all the music I want synched to my Vita. When I plug my Vita into my PC now I can just go to MUSIC>COPY>PLAYLISTS and copy one item over instead of hundreds.

Good times.

Raoh

Fun trick:

I made a playlist on my PC of all the music I want synched to my Vita. When I plug my Vita into my PC now I can just go to MUSIC>COPY>PLAYLISTS and copy one item over instead of hundreds.

Good times.

Using iTunes?

That's my next thing to do.

It's easier for me to make playlists on my iTunes than it is on any other service.

I'm assuming this will be a PS3/PS4 feature in the future.

KalBalboa

Banned
Using iTunes?

That's my next thing to do.

It's easier for me to make playlists on my iTunes than it is on any other service.

I'm assuming this will be a PS3/PS4 feature in the future.

I actually use Media Go. It's always shaken hands better with my Android phones.

Top Bottom