• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koroviev

Called Gamestop asking if they had Mortal Kombat and after waiting a minute the clerk said that Pokemon didn't come out for the Vita. I don't know whether to be bothered by the fact that the guy had to make sure Pokemon didn't have a Vita release or that my speaking is terrible and the guy confused Mortal Kombat for Pokemon.

Regardless, they only had a caseless version. :(

I just can't believe I didn't think of it. Would have been a great scheme :\

Called Gamestop asking if they had Mortal Kombat and after waiting a minute the clerk said that Pokemon didn't come out for the Vita. I don't know whether to be bothered by the fact that the guy had to make sure Pokemon didn't have a Vita release or that my speaking is terrible and the guy confused Mortal Kombat for Pokemon.

Regardless, they only had a caseless version. :(

One time, my friend went in to preorder one game, and the clerk asked if she might like to preorder Skyrim for the NDS.

Ein Bear

I got the DLC to try and make Sony give the sequel the go-ahead ;[ Not played it yet though.

The DLC's actually pretty good! I wasn't expecting much for £3 a pop, but there's a decent amount to each pack. The missions are all pretty fun, and new costumes are a nice bonus. You'll probably get your moneys worth just trying to get a gold medal on the Inferno Rift Plane race...

God I want them to make a sequel so bad.

Carl

The DLC's actually pretty good! I wasn't expecting much for £3 a pop, but there's a decent amount to each pack. The missions are all pretty fun, and new costumes are a nice bonus. You'll probably get your moneys worth just trying to get a gold medal on the Inferno Rift Plane race...

God I want them to make a sequel so bad.

I wasn't expecting all that much either for 3 quid, so good to know that's a fair bit there. As i say, i just bought it to try and send a strong message to Sony.

Ran rp

Im not in love with Gravity Rush. I definitely like it, but I don't love it.

I feel broken :(

I felt the same way. We can be broken together. :(

Same. I love the aesthetic and the gravity shifting is fun to just mess around with but mission design/game scenarios aren't too interesting and the combat is a bit naff after you get past the OMG GRAVITY RIDER KICK novelty.

Same. After all the GOTY hype I finished the game feeling that it was a fresh and unique experience but not mind-blowingly amazing.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I just can't believe I didn't think of it. Would have been a great scheme :\

One time, my friend went in to preorder one game, and the clerk asked if she might like to preorder Skyrim for the NDS.
I was so ready to build my Mortal Kombat empire too.

I realize that I'm posting on a gaming forum, so I know and care way too much about this stuff, but I'm always amazed that people can make mistakes like that.

Ponn

Banned
Im not in love with Gravity Rush. I definitely like it, but I don't love it.

I feel broken :(

About the same feelings I posted in the GR thread. I think the review scores were pretty right. I'm not gonna argue with people on it, if they love it they love it. I think its good but not spectacular. I've been through alot of system launches and have seen this happen every time. In a year or two we will either have a sequel that fixes some of the problems in the game and makes it a truly great sequel or we get nothing and it will be one of those "launch games".

Man, I forgot how cheap Mortal Kombat AI can be. And how the hell do these ninja girls fight in these outfits without falling out every second, seriously I can't suspend my belief on this.

Koroviev

I was so ready to build my Mortal Kombat empire too.

I realize that I'm posting on a gaming forum, so I know and care way too much about this stuff, but I'm always amazed that people can make mistakes like that.

It's pretty bad coming from a sales associate, especially considering they receive preorders all the time :\

Sold 3 copies of MK to best buy today, feel a little dirty but 9.99 to $26 x 3 is too good to pass up, plus I own MK on the ps3 and bought all the DLC

Sol1dus

Been following this thread for about 3 months now. My account just got approved! Anyway, here's my set up. I got the snap-on case from Amazon, along with 3x front screen protectors and 3x back protectors that are just like the Hori ones but cheaper (especially since you get 6 of them). I got my 3G Vita from a guy on Craigslist while I was out during Spring Break. It came with the carrying case, an 8gb memory card (I'm using a 16gb right now) and Wipeout 2048. All the PSP games shown below (except for Patapon 2) I've gotten during the time I've had my Vita. :p

I'll also be getting Knights in the Nightmare, Hexyz Force and Crimsom Gem Saga before the end of the month. I'm glad I finally get to post, I've really enjoyed this thread.

Iacobellis

Been following this thread for about 3 months now. My account just got approved! Anyway, here's my set up. I got the snap-on case from Amazon, along with 3x front screen protectors and 3x back protectors that are just like the Hori ones but cheaper (especially since you get 6 of them). I got my 3G Vita from a guy on Craigslist while I was out during Spring Break. It came with the carrying case, an 8gb memory card (I'm using a 16gb right now) and Wipeout 2048. All the PSP games shown below (except for Patapon 2) I've gotten during the time I've had my Vita. :p

I'll also be getting Knights in the Nightmare, Hexyz Force and Crimsom Gem Saga before the end of the month. I'm glad I finally get to post, I've really enjoyed this thread.

Welcome! One tip, you need to get Gravity Rush!

Dragula56

Neo Member
Just got a Vita for my birthday!!! Been playing with it for a day now and I must say this may be my favorite handheld ever.

Bought Mutant Blobs Attack due to many recommendations in this thread. Thank you guys for that. Great game.

If anyone would like to add me my PSN is the same as my username. Looking forward to being apart of this great community!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
About the same feelings I posted in the GR thread. I think the review scores were pretty right. I'm not gonna argue with people on it, if they love it they love it. I think its good but not spectacular. I've been through alot of system launches and have seen this happen every time. In a year or two we will either have a sequel that fixes some of the problems in the game and makes it a truly great sequel or we get nothing and it will be one of those "launch games".

I'm kinda in the same boat, I DO enjoy the game, but sometimes the combat is just a little too frustrating at times with some of the bosses.

That one boss you have to fight with Raven down in the lost city where all those lost kids are especially.

Sol1dus

thinking of picking up dissidia duodecim to hold me over for a while until some psn games come out. How is it on the vita?

I got Prologus for my Vita which plays exactly like Duodecim and its way nicer than playing on psp. You can comfortably move the camera around which is really nice.

9zJC1.jpg

I'm getting pretty good : D

How did you get to that level? Did you play a lot, without gems? Because when I don't use totems I only get about 12 gems (level 9).

I've been playing since the game came out :p I was at like level 23 when the recent patch came out and I shot up like crazy in the last few days. But yeah I played a lot without gems now I'm rolling in them all the time lol

XxCGSxX

Guys I have a really weird problem with my router and Mortal Kombat Vita. I bought MK Vita today and I have been trying to connect to play online but I can't get it to work. It connects to PSN but when it tries to load the Wifi menu when it's "connecting" while the MK logo is spinning it says "the network connection to you PS vita system has been lost". My nat is type 2 and the other games on the Vita, 360, PS3 and PC plays just fine online (Nat type open in the games that show it).

Now here is the weird thing, It doesn't even show the Online options of MK after choosing WIFI from the main menu right? BUT with my neighbors router it does, I can even play online! I checked if UPnP was active on my Cisco router and all the necessary ports for PSN were enabled and everything was fine. Weird thing is my neighbors router is a really really crappy one and it works with MK vita. What's wrong with my router and MK Vita?

Wipeout 2048 came in the mail this Friday. Also downloaded the Fury and HD DLC.

There is now a fuckton of content for me to go through.

This game feels like it's the killer app for the Vita, at least for me. Game is awesome and as addictive as all previous wipeouts.

so_good.gif

AwRy108

Are there any original RPGs for Vita yet? Even if they are Japan only, I want to see how they look graphically

Ragnarok Odyssey is out in Japan, and it comes out in the US in August of this year; but from what I recall, it's not exactly a graphical showpiece.

AwRy108

Wipeout 2048 came in the mail this Friday. Also downloaded the Fury and HD DLC.

There is now a fuckton of content for me to go through.

This game feels like it's the killer app for the Vita, at least for me. Game is awesome and as addictive as all previous wipeouts.

so_good.gif

I love 2048, it's my second most played game on the Vita (Golden Abyss is first, but not by much). Although I've barely played the MP, I love how they designed it to be like a campaign mode, but with real competitors.

lol what totems do u use? I have all 5 unlocked already and I use the Blue and Red totems and the dynamite, lightning, and extra crystals bonuses, so everything is always blowing up

I don't have enough crystals to 'rent' all that stuff :p I used to but I never understood who this thing really worked and that every bonus/totem you used had a cost (even though it said so, I never pay attention).

No biggie though, my copy of Wipeout is here now so I won't be playing Treasures that much any more :p

I love 2048, it's my second most played game on the Vita (Golden Abyss is first, but not by much). Although I've barely played the MP, I love how they designed it to be like a campaign mode, but with real competitors.

Yeap. It's fucking great. I don't even understand how Jeff (giant bomb) game it a 3/5. Then again it's just opinions and he obviously doesn't like it as much as us :p

Guys I have a really weird problem with my router and Mortal Kombat Vita. I bought MK Vita today and I have been trying to connect to play online but I can't get it to work. It connects to PSN but when it tries to load the Wifi menu when it's "connecting" while the MK logo is spinning it says "the network connection to you PS vita system has been lost". My nat is type 2 and the other games on the Vita, 360, PS3 and PC plays just fine online (Nat type open in the games that show it).

Now here is the weird thing, It doesn't even show the Online options of MK after choosing WIFI from the main menu right? BUT with my neighbors router it does, I can even play online! I checked if UPnP was active on my Cisco router and all the necessary ports for PSN were enabled and everything was fine. Weird thing is my neighbors router is a really really crappy one and it works with MK vita. What's wrong with my router and MK Vita?

You arent alone. Same problem, have no idea whats up.

Eusis

Ragnarok Odyssey is out in Japan, and it comes out in the US in August of this year; but from what I recall, it's not exactly a graphical showpiece.
In some ways I think I like it better visually than most Vita games. It's native resolution, runs at a stable frame rate, and has a nice visual style while being a definite jump over PSP games. I feel I actually prefer visuals like that over those that push so hard they have to make serious compromises like Uncharted or Gravity Rush.

I haven't kept up with this so I was wondering if someone could answer this question:

Are any PSP Games that are available on PSN automatically compatible with PSVita? I was pretty sure they are, but I just wanted to double check.

Also, has there been any word about these four titles hitting PSN at any point in the future?
Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition
Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom