• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

I rebought WipeOut on Friday on DD since I lost the cartridge. Also wanted to test with PS3 crossplay. Game looks amazing on Vita. Plays as expected (too fast !)

Fired up my PS3 at home.
I realized I have to get used to DS3 again after playing Vita exclusively since launch. >_<

Does it double the battery life ? Site says it extends battery life by 50%.

Extending by 50% is not doubling. If the battery life is 4hours and it extends it by 50% then it'd be 4hours / 100 x 50 = 2 hours = 6 hours total. At least that's what I'd imagine.

patsu

Extending by 50% is not doubling. If the battery life is 4hours and it extends it by 50% then it'd be 4hours / 100 x 50 = 2 hours = 6 hours total. At least that's what I'd imagine.

That's right. Nyko says double the battery life, but GameStop site says extended by 50%.

Have been waiting for the grip for so long that I forgot about it. Will try to get it today and see how it goes. But if it's only 50%, I may get something else.

patsu

I think Gravity Rush brokeded my mind

Fucking Gravity, "How does it work?"

I would be zooming along and then I miss a roof, total anarchy ensues. Up is now left, down is southwest, north is cat, south is dog, my mind was like Holy Fuck where is she going, how do we stop this!

Still a fucking blast, gonna continue later on, don't want to finish it too quickly, taking my time with it

Heh heh, I felt the same way. Got motion sickness after a few chapters. The combat can be very disorienting, 'specially with gyro control. I'm playing GR with VC2 to mix things up a bit.

Mostly racing game when gamers talk about clamor for are cars, not ships

They are cars..... just evolved into something better. I love that 2048 intro. For some reason I always assumed they took jet tech and made it compact versus a natural evolution of car tech. The intro cleared that up.

Does it double the battery life ? Site says it extends battery life by 50%.

photo.jpg

rjc571

Banned
Count me in with the "not interested in 30 fps Wipeout" crowd. I played the demo and it just looked and felt off to me. I don't think I've played any racing games that ran at 30 fps since the 32 bit era.
30fps felt fine for loads of Wipeout games.

PSX graphics looked fine for loads of Wipeout games. Might as well not try to improve the graphics then, either!

patsu

Count me in with the "not interested in 30 fps Wipeout" crowd. I played the demo and it just looked and felt off to me. I don't think I've played any racing games that ran at 30 fps since the 32 bit era.

PSX graphics looked fine for loads of Wipeout games. Might as well not try to improve the graphics then, either!

May be you haven't played them but you should be able to find 30fps racing games on PS360 too. I don't think we need to regress to 32-bit era graphics.

WipeOut 2048 of course looks more stunning that PSX equivalent, not to mention consume less power, and enable cross play with a full console. We have come very far from PSX days !

zroid

Banned
Motorstorm RC is bringing back so many great memories of Micro Machines on N64. I never would have bought it for 10 bucks but I'm glad to be able to play it.

brentech

I only have like 27 friends on my Vita/PS3. Same PSN id, but get a message, "You cannot add anymore friends." when I send a request. =\

patsu

I only have like 27 friends on my Vita/PS3. Same PSN id, but get a message, "You cannot add anymore friends." when I send a request. =

May be the other guy's friends list is full ?

I am full at 100, still waiting for slow-poke Sony to up the limit someday.

brentech

Hrm, maybe just a generic message regardless of whose list is full. PS3 tells you if it's the other person though. Bummer.

Motorstorm RC is bringing back so many great memories of Micro Machines on N64. I never would have bought it for 10 bucks but I'm glad to be able to play it.

ha, I had the same thought, only I played it on PC prior to the 64 years, I believe.

Sol1dus

Does anybody else play Montezuma while holding the Vita like a tablet? It feels a lot more comfortable and since the jewels fall down even if you're holding it like that, it's not disorienting. For those of you that play the game, I recommend you try it.

Does anybody else play Montezuma while holding the Vita like a tablet? It feels a lot more comfortable and since the jewels fall down even if you're holding it like that, it's not disorienting. For those of you that play the game, I recommend you try it.

I've tried it. Not disorienting, I just can stand to hold my Vita that way for long.

zroid

Banned

This is how I played Crush mode in Stardust lol

I find it a lot easier to "pinch" when approaching from the side, rather than the top.

Copenap

Wouldn't that tripple the battery life in total?

It says "adds 2x additional battery life".
So you would have the regular battery life and it adds another 2 "battery lifes". Speaking in video game terms you would end up with 3 hearts. Start with one heart, end with three = tripple the hearts, tripple the battery life.

brentech

Think I did the same thing playing Crush.

Is that Treasures game any good? I know it's free, but if it's basically crap I don't care to download it.

kikonawa

finished Stardust HD in medium
Now finished STartdust easy with only 2 ships lost..
I'm going for the no kill finish now

high score is like 69000 000

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE

Is that Treasures game any good? I know it's free, but if it's basically crap I don't care to download it.
Not really, but it's a decent enough Bejeweled clone, and I'm starved for Bejeweled. I mean, I just spent $17 on it and I'm ready to delete the game because I feel bad spending my time playing something that's not even particularly good. A lot of the Vita specific stuff (using the back touchscreen) is really awful, and Dark Mode might be the worst idea I've seen in a puzzle game.

I mean, it's an iOS game, crazy sound effects, flying colors, time limits, play limits, microtransactions, and all.

Sol1dus

Yeah, its fun. Honestly, its just the same thing as Bejeweled. Rounds last about a minute and you just try to get the most points possible. As you level up you unlock new perks. To use the perks you use gems that you slowly get while playing. Plus its got pretty colors. :p

brentech

Maybe I'll try it when Percocet isn't rotting my brain and leaving me all lightheaded. Flashy colors doesn't sound appealing at this moment.

patsu

Wouldn't that tripple the battery life in total?

It says "adds 2x additional battery life".
So you would have the regular battery life and it adds another 2 "battery lifes". Speaking in video game terms you would end up with 3 hearts. Start with one heart, end with three = tripple the hearts, tripple the battery life.

Yeah, back to square 1 ? 3x was the original pitch. A Gaffer posted that it's 2x now. Then, GameStop site says 50%. lol.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Yeah, back to square 1 ? 3x was the original pitch. A Gaffer posted that it's 2x now. Then, GameStop site says 50%. lol.

So 3x * 2x * 50% = Eleventy!

So the battery contains Eleventy Powers, so simple a caveman like me can do it!

patsu

Nyko could've saved themselves this controversy and just said how many hours you can expect from the battery, lol.

Yes, just tell us the mAh of the battery. Number of hours will depend on use cases.

So 3x * 2x * 50% = Eleventy!

So the batter contains Eleventy Powers, so simple a caveman like me can do it!

Last I heard, Eleventy Powers is being certified by FCC, the Hall of Justice, and other superhero groups.

KAL2006

Banned
I bought Dissidia 012 directly of the PSN store on Vita. However Dissidia Prologus was not available on the Vita PSN Store, however I bought it from PS3 PSN store, then downloaded it on the Vita through the download list, and the game seems to work fine. I find it weird why Dissidia Prologus is not on the Vita store, while Dissidia 012 is.

DBT85

One of these things is acceptable to the masses. One of these things would get mocked mercilessly.

EDIT:

On the subject of the battery. I'd happy pay an extra 3-4 mm of thickness for a longer life battery.

wighti

Has there been any word on implementing face button controls for the vita menus? Remember something like that being noted on the psblog but couldnt find it.

Unbelievably annoying when the touch controls stop working when I plug the vita in to a computer or my PS3.

sajj316

I bought Dissidia 012 directly of the PSN store on Vita. However Dissidia Prologus was not available on the Vita PSN Store, however I bought it from PS3 PSN store, then downloaded it on the Vita through the download list, and the game seems to work fine. I find it weird why Dissidia Prologus is not on the Vita store, while Dissidia 012 is.

SCEA and the inability to sort out licensing and certification issues on the Vita PSN store.

zroid

Banned
Has there been any word on implementing face button controls for the vita menus? Remember something like that being noted on the psblog but couldnt find it.

Unbelievably annoying when the touch controls stop working when I plug the vita in to a computer or my PS3.

That would be nice, but the thing I want most is to be able to change the icon size. The number you can keep on each page is far too restrictive.

Sol1dus

I got it from the Vita store about two months ago?

Agent X

Gosh, near just sucks. I already unlocked every Stardust song about ten times, stop telling me. :|

I get a lot of Super Stardust Delta notifications on Near as well, from the same three people, every few days. I doubt these people are playing the game that much, so I think it's some kind of bug in either Super Stardust Delta or Near that causes this.

rjc571

Banned
One of these things is acceptable to the masses. One of these things would get mocked mercilessly.

Uhh, my suggestion wasn't meant to be taken seriously/literally. However, if they sacrificed a small amount of graphical fidelity for 60 fps then the game would've been received and sold better. There's clearly a sizable portion of the potential consumer base that isn't happy with the game's framerate being cut in half from Wipeout HD.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Can't unsee it huh? I feel for you dude. Not rocking a protector/carrying case?
I just got my Hori Face Cover in, but it doesn't protect the very top, and I've been taking it out of the case when I'm at home. It's so noticeable that it's all I can look at.

I'm ready for a Vita revision now. I'm all set to buy a new one.

Is that a promo for today only?
Believe so, but you should call your Gamestop and ask.

Is that a promo for today only?

Only for today. On my way to gamestop now. Also Im on my 3rd Vita now. First one froze and overheated too much. Along with a stuck red pixel.2nd one with dark lines so noticeable and this one is perfect. Besides the fact of exchanging it a lot, this is my best and most used portable ever.

Does anyone knows the resolution and pixels of the camera (front and back)

Jeels

So my Vita froze while playing a Youtube video on the app. Tried holding the power button down and nothing. Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom