• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolf NB

PSP content, PSX downloads and minis are region-locked in the same way as native PSV content, right?

I was thinking of retiring my PSP, but all my PSP and PSX downloads are from the US store, and the EU store seems to be the more reasonable pick for Vita games at the moment.

I'm still not sure if I should buy two memory cards, one for EU stuff, and the other for US. I've read all about how you don't really need to switch cards to switch regions, but I can see myself needing a lot of space anyway. If I could dump everything on a 32 gig card, that'd be great. But two 16s come out at roughly the same price, so it seems I have a choice to make.

Replaying some old PSP games I downloaded. The install function is pointless right? P3P still allows me to install data if I want to, but I didn't think it would matter on a vita.

Massa

Replaying some old PSP games I downloaded. The install function is pointless right? P3P still allows me to install data if I want to, but I didn't think it would matter on a vita.

It depends on the game. For example, Peace Walker requires an install to get voice in the codecs.

Ein Bear

PSP content, PSX downloads and minis are region-locked in the same way as native PSV content, right?

I was thinking of retiring my PSP, but all my PSP and PSX downloads are from the US store, and the EU store seems to be the more reasonable pick for Vita games at the moment.

I'm still not sure if I should buy two memory cards, one for EU stuff, and the other for US. I've read all about how you don't really need to switch cards to switch regions, but I can see myself needing a lot of space anyway. If I could dump everything on a 32 gig card, that'd be great. But two 16s come out at roughly the same price, so it seems I have a choice to make.

I'm in this boat as well, all my PS1 games are tied to my US account. I'm crossing my fingers that, by the time PS1 support hits, there's a workaround.

lepo

just got Virtua Tennis 4 ... looks amazing on the Vita and it's such an addictive game

it's on sale now on the european store

Snowballo

Hustle King players
Do you have the annoying problem that, when you are preparing the shoot the view (maybe caused by your fingers on the rear side of the PS Vita) suddently zoom in?
Is there a way to disable rear touch at all?
Thanks

brentech

just got Virtua Tennis 4 ... looks amazing on the Vita and it's such an addictive game

it's on sale now on the european store

Yeah, got it last week myself. Thought I was getting decent, then played someone online and was wowed. There's some depth to the game I need to learn, particularly when it comes to serving.

The news isn't the only thing that's bigger
wbsh3.gif

Zampano

So I was just playing some God Hand on the PS3 and got to thinking: I must have this game on Vita. What are the chances of Sony rolling some of the PS2 classics on PSN over to the Vita? Could it handle them? Is such a thing even possible?

Grinchy

Banned
Does anybody else play Montezuma while holding the Vita like a tablet? It feels a lot more comfortable and since the jewels fall down even if you're holding it like that, it's not disorienting. For those of you that play the game, I recommend you try it.

haha I thought I was the only one who did it like that. I just feel like the Vita is more comfortable to hold vertically if you are only holding it with one hand.

Hustle King players
Do you have the annoying problem that, when you are preparing the shoot the view (maybe caused by your fingers on the rear side of the PS Vita) suddently zoom in?
Is there a way to disable rear touch at all?
Thanks
I'm not positive, but you may be able to turn the rear touch pad off in the options. I am probably confusing it with LittleBigPlanet though.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
So I was just playing some God Hand on the PS3 and got to thinking: I must have this game on Vita. What are the chances of Sony rolling some of the PS2 classics on PSN over to the Vita? Could it handle them? Is such a thing even possible?
I have no idea how technically or realistically feasible it is, but it's what I want the most. That and more PS2 classics to begin with, of course.

OmegaZero

Finally beat Very Hard Mode in Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus.

Time to tackle Master Ninja. :/

I have no idea how someone can Master Ninja rank every chapter in this game.
There are some enemies (like Ogres) that just don't die quickly enough for me to meet the karma timer.

Meh.

Skyzard

Banned
Why are you torturing yourself Omega?

Btw guys if you have safari (not sure about windows) you can open up activity window then find the link that is streaming, copy and paste it into the download window. Works for nearly every site.

Iacobellis

Why are you torturing yourself Omega?

Btw guys if you have safari (not sure about windows) you can open up activity window then find the link that is streaming, copy and paste it into the download window. Works for nearly every site.

I used to do this often for YouTube videos. Thing is, most will download in the .flv format and will require a conversion to play on the Vita.

Ein Bear

It's definitely possible, but it would require Sony to make a new, Vita-specific emulator. It might happen one day, but considering how long it's taking them to get PS1 support out of the door, I wouldn't expect it for a while.

Zen

Banned
I hope that the PS1 support comes with a decent amount of optional features (better filtering, AA, resolution bump).

smr00

Banned
So i finally got around to playing Rayman today and my god this is the most adorable and amazing game i have played in a good long while, i don't know why i ever put off the console version and does it matter what character you play? is there benefits for playing X character on X level? i have been playing as the long snout guy because he is just so goddamn adorable i want to just eat him up.

Also i picked up Dungeon Hunter as one my free games today at BB's B2G1 and how bad does the framerate get in this thing? like 2nd quest in the game and without a ton of enemies on the screen i noticed some pretty shitty frame rate which kind of scares me.

God I really want a Vita. I spend a lot of time with my non gamer girlfriend I cant really play on my desktop PC anymore. I love my 3DS but i need something else.

I dont want to be the last guy that buys it before the price drop. When should be expected? I know it is a expensive machine etc, but the 3DS XL is REALLY tempting.

I have a second question, I found a dumped PSP, the backlit fuse is blown I think it is easy to fix. It is a first generation i think. Can I buy games at the Playstation Network with it and later use them with the vita?

I really hope the Vita takes off. It is a shame that portable gaming is not taken seriously in the west. It should be the other way around.

RkOwnage

Is there a reason we won't see Kingdom Hearts: BBS on PSN store? Is it the licensing issues with Disney, or SquareEnix, just wondering it seems so concrete that it won't be available on PSN.

DBT85

God I really want a Vita. I spend a lot of time with my non gamer girlfriend I cant really play on my desktop PC anymore. I love my 3DS but i need something else.

I dont want to be the last guy that buys it before the price drop. When should be expected? I know it is a expensive machine etc, but the 3DS XL is REALLY tempting.

I have a second question, I found a dumped PSP, the backlit fuse is blown I think it is easy to fix. It is a first generation i think. Can I buy games at the Playstation Network with it and later use them with the vita?

I really hope the Vita takes off. It is a shame that portable gaming is not taken seriously in the west. It should be the other way around.

I would expect either a price drop or suitable bundling (game and memory card) for Christmas. It'll have been out 9 months in the west by that point and I think they'd avoid any major backlash from early adopters.

As for your second question, so long as the game you buy is compatible with the Vita (the list is apparently growing) then yes. You might want to check in here before you buy thme to see if anyone else has tried it.

I love mine and it's getting used every day. They could have dropped the price at E3 and I wouldn't have cared.

cyborg009

Banned
I would expect either a price drop or suitable bundling (game and memory card) for Christmas. It'll have been out 9 months in the west by that point and I think they'd avoid any major backlash from early adopters.

As for your second question, so long as the game you buy is compatible with the Vita (the list is apparently growing) then yes. You might want to check in here before you buy thme to see if anyone else has tried it.

I love mine and it's getting used every day. They could have dropped the price at E3 and I wouldn't have cared.

A price drop after TGS would be better also I wonder why they don't use contract on the system like how Microsoft is doing with Xbox.

zroid

Banned
Is there a reason we won't see Kingdom Hearts: BBS on PSN store? Is it the licensing issues with Disney, or SquareEnix, just wondering it seems so concrete that it won't be available on PSN.

I believe the excuse was that Disney didn't want the game to be made available digitally. Of course, Nintendo just announced that KH3D would be available on the eShop, so... hmm maybe not, I might have misremembered this.

hyogen

Neo Member
Checked Crunchyroll, no dice. I imagine this is probably a, uh, "feature" of Redtube.

it'd be so nice to have flash player on our browser.. or at least crunchyroll app.. The vita really doesn't have any excuse for having as basic/sluggish web browser that it does... hopefully sony will address this... I think that in order for it to be more successful in the long run, it might as well embrace the mini iphone/android app/games market. I think that's at least better than getting short "bite-sized" games, games that are 30fps...and sub native res......and PORTS OF 3DS games.............

sajj316

Because that is the way of the ninja.

If you have the digital PS3 version and the Fury DLC, then they both should be free IIRC

I have the digital version + fury DLC albeit via PS+. I see the Fury pack and have already downloaded. I see the original pack but that is priced at 7.99.

Iacobellis

it'd be so nice to have flash player on our browser.. or at least crunchyroll app.. The vita really doesn't have any excuse for having as basic/sluggish web browser that it does... hopefully sony will address this... I think that in order for it to be more successful in the long run, it might as well embrace the mini iphone/android app/games market. I think that's at least better than getting short "bite-sized" games, games that are 30fps...and sub native res......and PORTS OF 3DS games.............

The Vita is getting a Crunchyroll app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom