• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother just reminded me that you can remote play with a ps3 over the Internet. Totally forgot that remote play could do that. I guess it would be an interesting way to play psone games in the meantime.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Will buy Sega Racing on Vita if it's got all the same features. Really hoping it's not a port of the 3ds version unless they worked some 3ds magic

FireCloud

Anyone else waiting for Zen Pinball 2? I thought it was supposed to be out this month.

Also, I've been spending so much time in this thread that I have not been following many other Gaf threads. I have no idea about upcoming console games. I've still been using the PS3 but I haven't been following the upcoming release schedule like I used to since getting the Vita. Guess I'm just overloaded with games to play. I think the only preorder I have is for Ni no Kuni and that isn't out here until next year.

How are y'all managing your gaming time between the Vita and your console gaming?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Since I can buy from PSstore ( YAY) I just ordered 16GB mc from amazon. (I will just download PSP games and Minis, buy boxed Vita releases)Now I got two minis Where is my Heart,Pix'n Love Rush and Gravity Rus DLCs, will think about bigger sized games PSP games when my 16GB arrive.

I'll buy Sonic if it's good. Modnation is a lol worthy Kart racer, and LBP Karting is MIA.

First Sonic Racing was pretty good,so if Sumo Digital don't go all stupid here then it will most likely be a good racing game.

Zen

Banned
huh..this is for Vita too. ( lol @ SCEE for not announcing LBP Karting for Vita)

SEGA is really Vita best supporter, shame that SEGA is having serious money problems and will most likely will not keep their support for Vita.

I think the Vita is pretty much guaranteed continued Sega support. It's a cheap porting ground for them to help subsidize the cost of development on PS3/360 even if sales aren't great. The narrower retail focus means that we could see semi consistent Vita support of the games they are releasing, and the increased digital focus means that a Vita version of a lot of their digital material is a no brainer (I hope).

Zen

Banned
My brother just reminded me that you can remote play with a ps3 over the Internet. Totally forgot that remote play could do that. I guess it would be an interesting way to play psone games in the meantime.

Unfortunately no games support remote play because Sony is dumb and didn't mandate it. Well, I lied, Lair does.

Koroviev

Rayman Origins is $15 on Steam right now. Not sure if I should jump on that or pick up the Vita version sometime down the line :\

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Rayman Origins is $15 on Steam right now. Not sure if I should jump on that or pick up the Vita version sometime down the line :\
I'd buy the Steam version. Some of the stages look a bit small on the Vita's screen, and the glyphs don't add anything.

Koroviev

I'd buy the Steam version. Some of the stages look a bit small on the Vita's screen, and the glyphs don't add anything.

Yeah, I felt that things were a bit too small in the demo, but I figured the colors might make the Vita version the more attractive option. It's too bad that Ubi is allergic to really good sales (i.e. 75% discount) :\

zroid

Banned
Woah, Vita Rayman doesn't have local co-op? The hell. =/

Also, related aside, do any Vita games have 3/DS-style single-cart local multiplayer (ie Download Play)? That was always a really great feature.

hwy_61

Banned
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed coming out November 20. Buy!

7554837996_8fc9c111bc.jpg

Holy shit! DAY ONE.

Koroviev

Do I want to spend $15 on Rayman or Persona 2? (._. )

Trying to not go overboard on the sales this time, haha

I know they're not comparable, lol. Just thinking about entertainment value. I love arcade-type games and JRPGs.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE

I know they're not comparable, lol. Just thinking about entertainment value. I love arcade-type games and JRPGs.
Persona 2's certainly longer. I think Rayman has a better chance of going on sale again than the PSN version of Persona 2 does, as well.

Persona 3 Portable instead and save 5 bucks? =p

Rayman. But I can't play platformers like Rayman on keyboard, so I'd get that on Vita instead. *shrugs*

Persona 2's certainly longer. I think Rayman has a better chance of going on sale again than the PSN version of Persona 2 does though.

Actually I think Atlus has a 50% off sale every year (at least the last 2/3 years) so not really.

Being able to pop bubbles with the touch screen is fun. :(
What are you, two?

I didn't play much of it on Vita so I wouldn't know much. :p

Woah, Vita Rayman doesn't have local co-op? The hell. =/

Also, related aside, do any Vita games have 3/DS-style single-cart local multiplayer (ie Download Play)? That was always a really great feature.
I wish people I knew had a Vtia so I could try it out. Haha!
;_;

Might as well go Persona 2 if you're debating it. Rayman will be lower on Steam around Christmas time or even before that.

Koroviev

Persona 2's certainly longer. I think Rayman has a better chance of going on sale again than the PSN version of Persona 2 does, as well.

I'm thinking the base price of Persona 2 is going to drop to $20 in the near future, but then probably so will Rayman's, lol.

Rayman. But I can't play platformers like Rayman on keyboard, so I'd get that on Vita instead. *shrugs*

Actually I think Atlus has a 50% off sale every year (at least the last 2/3 years) so not really.

Already have that, of course! :p

And I'd be playing with a PS3 controller. Wouldn't even attempt it with the keyboard.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

to save $5 and get a shitty game?that a bad advice, everyone should avoid and keep their money away from P3P.Seriously.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Oh, didn't know this was an annual trend.

What are you, two?
I don't have a comeback. You're so mean. :(

I'm thinking the base price of Persona 2 is going to drop to $20 in the near future, but then probably so will Rayman's, lol.
If you can't decide, then just spend your money on Steam gifts for me!

JoshHood

I think the lack of a Vita LBP Karting is a deliberate thing - we already have LBP Vita this year. I'm guessing Sony wants Karting and regular LBP in alternate years on Vita, with them the other way round on PS3 (2012: Karting PS3, LBP Vita; 2013: Karting Vita, LBP PS3 etc.) Like Nintendo with Mario and Mario Kart games on Wii and 3/DS.

matmanx1

Since I can buy from PSstore ( YAY) I just ordered 16GB mc from amazon. (I will just download PSP games and Minis, buy boxed Vita releases)Now I got two minis Where is my Heart,Pix'n Love Rush and Gravity Rus DLCs, will think about bigger sized games PSP games when my 16GB arrive.

First Sonic Racing was pretty good,so if Sumo Digital don't go all stupid here then it will most likely be a good racing game.

Yeah I have hopes for the new Sonic Racing. The first one was a fun title and I'd love to play the new one on my Vita.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Okay, now I'm starting to understand Disgaea 3 and having fun with character creation. What a cryptic game.

I can never decide. I was pretty indiscriminate during the Winter sale, so I'm trying to spare my wallet a repeat of that tragic time.

I'm holding off on this year's Steam sale, although the giant thread is making it hard to ignore.

I've spent more money on others than myself already. ;_;

Okay, now I'm starting to understand Disgaea 3 and having fun with character creation. What a cryptic game.
Ooh, are you in post-game yet?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Ooh, are you in post-game yet?
Not even close. I'm starting Chapter 4 but there were so many of my characters straggling behind that 1. didn't want to use them. and 2. didn't want to make any of the new ones I was unlocking.

Then I find out grinding is okay and the chapter missions change to reflect that, so I've been bombing the 2-1 cleric to bring my casters and new monsters up to par with Mao and the other main guy. And I finally gender-swap reincarnated my monk.

You will want to experience that on the beautiful OLED.

The five inch OLED that's too dark? The Vita is a great system, but it is a portable so of course it has compromises. You can't seriously think that the same game wouldn't be better experienced on a big screen with a powerfull computer, than on a hand cramping portable with a tiny screen.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
The five inch OLED that's too dark? The Vita is a great system, but it is a portable so of course it has compromises. You can't seriously think that the same game wouldn't be better experienced on a big screen with a powerfull computer, than on a hand cramping portable with a tiny screen.
I've had problems with the black levels seeming too high, but I didn't have that issue with Rayman.

Surprised to hear you complain about hand cramps though. I had some problems with the PSP, but I find the Vita comfortable enough.

Sheik

I actually love playing portables. I'd rather play a handheld at home on the couch rather than on a PC or 46" HDTV. I don't know if it's nostalgia, the ability to focus more on what's right in front of me, the convenience of sleep mode, etc. but I love it. I know I'm a small, small minority though lol. I've played Rayman Origins on PS3 and on Vita and I'd take the Vita version any day.

Edit: I don't get hand cramps, but I can see how people with large hands might. I also find the screen quite bright. It's brighter than my phone, iPad, 3DS, etc.

Skyzard

Banned
I feel the same way Sheik, 42" few feet away from bed with ps3+pc...playing vita instead, always.

Except if you haven't bought it by now, how often will you play it on steam vs vita.. [Rayman Origins].

I'm also sega racing got a date...just to chip in, I'll buy it if it has most of the same stuff (which I fully expect) and if the framerate is a rock steady 30....+-2fps.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I actually love playing portables. I'd rather play a handheld at home on the couch rather than on a PC or 46" HDTV. I don't know if it's nostalgia, the ability to focus more on what's right in front of me, the convenience of sleep mode, etc. but I love it. I know I'm a small, small minority though lol. I've played Rayman Origins on PS3 and on Vita and I'd take the Vita version any day.
I'm the same way, but I don't have an HDTV, which could be one of the reasons for my preference. I don't like sitting in front of the TV for extended periods, so I've always preferred portables, even though they don't leave my house. That'll be changing soon though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom