• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.
The five inch OLED that's too dark? The Vita is a great system, but it is a portable so of course it has compromises. You can't seriously think that the same game wouldn't be better experienced on a big screen with a powerfull computer, than on a hand cramping portable with a tiny screen.

Too dark? I had no troubles with it mate. The colors just pop out on that screen.

if you mean the black spots, I have it also on my GS2.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Too dark? I had no troubles with it mate. The colors just pop out on that screen.

I think he's referring to the increased contrast making things look dark. For instance, compared to trailers, Gravity Rush is a bit on the dark side, although the game seems fine in screenshots. Mortal Kombat has the same look. I don't find it much of an issue personally, but I can see why it would bother others.

Where's Rayman for $15?
Steam.

I think he's referring to the increased contrast making things look dark. For instance, compared to trailers, Gravity Rush is a bit on the dark side, although the game seems fine in screenshots. Mortal Kombat has the same look. I don't find it much of an issue personally, but I can see why it would bother others.

Steam.

Been too long since I played the demo of GR and PSV is not at my disposal atm. Can Sony fix the contrast with a fw update or is a pure hardware thing?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Been too long since I played the demo of GR and PSV is not at my disposal atm. Can Sony fix the contrast with a fw update or is a pure hardware thing?
I imagine it has to be possible to adjust the contrast through the software, although I've found that lowering the brightness helps a little. Trent Strong is the only person I've seen mention this though, so I can't see it coming.

Corto

In a natural bright-light environment it can indeed be difficult to watch the screen. But I noticed this more with some games (i.e. Gravity Rush and Unit 13) than with others.

What, where do I sign up. I want a pimp too.
It's a privilege.

Not even close. I'm starting Chapter 4 but there were so many of my characters straggling behind that 1. didn't want to use them. and 2. didn't want to make any of the new ones I was unlocking.

Then I find out grinding is okay and the chapter missions change to reflect that, so I've been bombing the 2-1 cleric to bring my casters and new monsters up to par with Mao and the other main guy. And I finally gender-swap reincarnated my monk.
Oh god, if you didn't even hit post-game yet, you have so much ahead of you. It does take a little while to get into the grinding aspect, but once you start rolling that ball, it's almost hard to stop. Reincarnating is just as addicting.

AppleBlade

Any decent Vita sites/communities out there? I go to the Vita Subreddit and this thread but I wouldn't mind something a little more full featured.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Anyone else waiting for Zen Pinball 2? I thought it was supposed to be out this month.

Also, I've been spending so much time in this thread that I have not been following many other Gaf threads. I have no idea about upcoming console games. I've still been using the PS3 but I haven't been following the upcoming release schedule like I used to since getting the Vita. Guess I'm just overloaded with games to play. I think the only preorder I have is for Ni no Kuni and that isn't out here until next year.

How are y'all managing your gaming time between the Vita and your console gaming?
I'm definitely looking forward to Zen Pinball 2, which supposedly will be available at the end of the month. I may stop buying tables for Pinball Arcade, since it seems like Farsight isn't that interested in patching the game.

As far as gaming time is concerned, I'm spending more of it on the Vita than I am on the PS3.

Ran rp

HA!

I wish someone would gif the cumnshot pitch........still dying here, ahaha.

i9GAEoHORTtCs.gif

Koyuga

Okay, this is a bold statement, but I'm nearing the end of Golden Abyss, and...
I think Vita is a better fit for Uncharted than PS3. They need to make more of these. The motion aiming is fantastic, and makes the game more fun to play than on PS3.

I'm going to do the smart thing and stay away from sales thread involving the Vita. I own both a 3DS and a Vita but have more invested in the latter. It's extremely frustrating trying to discuss sales and whatnot without every armchair analyst calling doom and gloom.

I'm going to do the smart thing and stay away from sales thread involving the Vita. I own both a 3DS and a Vita but have more invested in the latter. It's extremely frustrating trying to discuss sales and whatnot without every armchair analyst calling doom and gloom.

Best to stay away from sales threads entirely. They serve no purpose other than dick waving.

Famassu

So... You people getting all excited about Sega All-Stars Racing sequel, why should I (perhaps something more than words to convince me)? :p

Skyzard

Banned
So... You people getting all excited about Sega All-Stars Racing sequel, why should I (perhaps something more than words to convince me)? :p

This site is amazing. I think you know what you're looking for. :)

Otherwise, it's the new diddy kong racing yo. In your hands.

So that's Skydrift, Wave Race and LBP karting (not modnation hopefully) all in one. And it's Sega, also some of the guy(s?) behind Blur are involved as well. That was a fantastic racing game, one of the best.

Skyzard

Banned
The thing is though you can't expect S&S Racing to have the charm of Diddy Kong Racing can you. Is it the music?

Spot on 9thwonder. Except for asking devs for ports. Keep that up guys, hah. [There is a lot of envy out there, sales are their ammo atm, like with the PS3. Look at it now..]

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I don't know why I'm excited for the game. I'm awful at racers, but the level design looks rather cool, and while I have no opinion on Sonic, I am fond of Sega's properties. It's right there with Rayman in that it's a game I probably wouldn't try on consoles, but since it's on the Vita, it's a definite purchase.

There's no way Vashyron will be in it, but I'll pray for Kazuma, even if I have to import it.

B.O.O.M

I should stay from sales threads too lol

Anywho I saw a few predicting we will see Scorpion in PS All stars...does anyone here actually would like to see him in the game?

Famassu

This site is amazing. I think you know what you're looking for. :)
Ah, yes, THAT site. Yeah, of course I could just Youtube it myself, but I was just thinking if you guys knew some particularly awesome vids that I could watch (like some of the best tracks in the game, some especially tight races with bitter tears shed by the losers, the trailer that best shows how great the game is etc.). :)

Skyzard

Banned
Nice tracks Solstice, hadn't actually heard them before. Pretty awesome.

There is a new trailer for S&S (from Comic-Con) and usually I'm not bothered about pre-rendered trailers..but this was pretty cool:

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/59773/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-comic-con-2012-trailer/

Ah, yes, THAT site. Yeah, of course I could just Youtube it myself, but I was just thinking if you guys knew some particularly awesome vids that I could watch (like some of the best tracks in the game, some especially tight races with bitter tears shed by the losers, the trailer that best shows how great the game is etc.). :)

Sorry, was a bit cheeky. Not sure of the best ones yet so far, I don't we've seen all that much gameplay footage really so it's worth just having a quick search on youtube instead I reckon.

Newline

Yeah, I felt that things were a bit too small in the demo, but I figured the colors might make the Vita version the more attractive option. It's too bad that Ubi is allergic to really good sales (i.e. 75% discount) :\

Rayman looks amazing on the vitas screen, more so than the PC version imo. And bubble popping is a neat feature :p

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
The PSblog podacst mentioned that GTA: Liberty City Stories and Midnight Club: LA Remix will be Vita compatible next Tuesday.
I'm surprised that GTA isn't already compatible, but that's nice news nonetheless. I was starting to think SCEA had forgotten all about PSP compatibility.

Haliela

I just discovered the joy of Gods Eater Burst on Vita. Like Monster Hunter, being able to control the camera with the 2nd analog is friggin' amazing. Not to mention the shooting mechanics being able to move, aim, and shoot at the same time with the 2nd analog makes it feel like a different experience. Awesome awesome awesome.

Famassu

Nice tracks Solstice, hadn't actually heard them before. Pretty awesome.

There is a new trailer for S&S (from Comic-Con) and usually I'm not bothered about pre-rendered trailers..but this was pretty cool:

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/59773/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-comic-con-2012-trailer/
OMG, was that Vyse I just saw in there? :D Insta-buy. :p

Sorry, was a bit cheeky. Not sure of the best ones yet so far, I don't we've seen all that much gameplay footage really so it's worth just having a quick search on youtube instead I reckon.
Was thinking the vids could be from the predecessor. :)

Skyzard

Banned
OMG, was that Vyse I just saw in there? :D Insta-buy. :p

Was thinking the vids could be from the predecessor. :)

I think it was yep, my skies of arcadia broke long ago and never got to finish it but it struck me as the same guy. Cool weapon scene too, would be neat if it was actually character-specific.

Ah, someone else may be able to help I only got the original recently in the steam sale - this is quite different though you know, didn't seem like the same game. Perhaps the driving sections would be rather similar so it's still worth a shot I guess. Just remember to watch the new vids afterwards - they look so awesome.

I'm currently enjoying the LBP kart beta.... But I swear I can't help but constantly think how great it could be on the vita... At least cross platform play seems like a massively missed opportunity?

I've never been big on handhelds which I've realized a lot more over time is a shame. My DS was primarily a PW, PL and Ninty title machine... That being said, I've clocked in so much time with the vita its kind of crazy. I really hope Sony gets their shit together and starts getting behind it more... The titles are there, I just don't understand the seemingly total lack of interest from the damn manufacturer.

For those of you who've played the PS3 version.... As a rookie/noob when it comes to most fighters, how is SFxT going to hold up? Is it noob friendly enough to learn at a steady pace? Or should I really just look to MvC and MK (which I played the hell out of when I was younger). I guess I'm curious how much time I'll really have to invest to get a somewhat competitive side without going balls out.

I just discovered the joy of Gods Eater Burst on Vita. Like Monster Hunter, being able to control the camera with the 2nd analog is friggin' amazing. Not to mention the shooting mechanics being able to move, aim, and shoot at the same time with the 2nd analog makes it feel like a different experience. Awesome awesome awesome.
The camera on the right analog is a little disorienting on MHU, since it was built without analog in mind. Is it any better in GEB?

I'm hoping and praying that the Grand Theft Auto III 10th Anniversary edition makes it way to Vita.
I feel it will at one point... or at least I hope. Seems like an easy enough job, right?

Haliela

The camera on the right analog is a little disorienting on MHU, since it was built without analog in mind. Is it any better in GEB?

I feel it will at one point... or at least I hope. Seems like an easy enough job, right?

Because Gods Eater doesn't have the stupid pointless camera lock by flick down or up (like in MH) it is very smooth. Feels just as a 2nd analog camera should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom