• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
When will it go up? And will I have to find it when this one closes?
It should go up as soon as this one hits 20,000 posts, unless archnemesis isn't online. It'll have the same name as this one, just with a part four and a spiffy new subtitle.

Carl

Ah yes, the end of the thread. Has been a great ride, guys. Soon we will have to merge with the filthy masses, and be laughed at and mocked for even thinking of owning a "DOOMED" system.

(until the new thread, at least)

I LOVE YOU ALL <3

You guys have been alright, I guess.

WAAAAAIT. Thread is almost gone? WTF? Where do I go for my Vita talk now?! :'(

Perhaps I'm missing something?

TX0EI.jpg

we're getting a part 5

mingus

Maybe if we post about Dragon Quest 8 some more it'll be a real thing.

Dragon Quest 8.

Dragon Quest 8 is that game that has nothing in common with Final Fantasy 12 right? Yeah, if I recall correctly, it has nothing to do with Final Fantasy 12.

Sol1dus

Ah yes, the end of the thread. Has been a great ride, guys. Soon we will have to merge with the filthy masses, and be laughed at and mocked for even thinking of owning a "DOOMED" system.

(until the new thread, at least)

I LOVE YOU ALL <3

I remember refreshing the page every morning while I was still lurking, and finding that you had recommended Velocity and Blob to at least 4 people while I was sleeping everyday :p

Kazerei

Banned
You know what game would look great on Vita's OLED screen? Dragon Quest 8.

That cel-shaded art style with clear, vibrant colors. Mmmyeah.

Kazerei

Banned
It's alright, the 20k post limit isn't a hard rule, so this thread should stay open until archnemesis makes a new one.

ONWARDS!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I've been thinking about the Most Wanted port, and it COULD be good because it doesn't have a 3DS port for them to just upscale to the Vita.

Whoa, slow down guys. archnemesis isn't online to post the new thread.

It's alright, the 20k post limit isn't a hard rule, so this thread should stay open until archnemesis makes a new one.

ONWARDS!

Nice, we can go crazy again.

So I've been thinking about the Most Wanted port, and it COULD be good because it doesn't have a 3DS port for them to just upscale to the Vita.
Is it getting an iOS port? :p

OmegaZero

Yeah, Assassin's Creed is looking good so far, but you know what would really make the Vita sell like hotcakes?

Dragon Quest 8.

dragonquest8dragonquest8dragonquest8dragonquest8dragonquest8

AwRy108

I'm surprised that GTA isn't already compatible, but that's nice news nonetheless. I was starting to think SCEA had forgotten all about PSP compatibility.

They haven't. What they HAVE forgot about is that the Vita is capable of running Vita-specific titles. Makes me so very sad.

Skyzard

Banned
Me either. I'm afraid to play it because I'm afraid it'll end and, um, then what?

Then you start trying to do some of the mixed-position gem hunt challenges...with some grace (like in those awesome youtube vids that I don't have a link for).

I wish they'd do something with the gems after you finish [I'm guessing they didn't as I've still not completed it but haven't heard any mention of it] like some sort of treasure hunts that you can use for eventually unlocking some useful characteristic that would somehow benefit/reward you. Even a trophy or two "complete the final gem hunts". Place a few in really cool locations all over the world... did they?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You can play GTA on Vita, it's just one that you have to use a ps3 to transfer it with.

Unfortunately, that game doesn't have a camera d-pad function, so you can't use that second analog for anything

Skyzard

Banned
SONY won't do this because apparently they no longer like easy money.

Same reason that barely any of the existing PSN exclusives get ported to the Vita.

Pretty sure most of the reason for the second one is Time.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 4 | #belieVITAVITAVITAe

AwRy108

Pretty sure most of the reason for the second one is Time.

I'd agree with this if we were currently getting a flood of other Vita software.

Right now, it seems like SONY launched this epic handheld into orbit and then decided to just allow it to float out into space...

Skyzard

Banned
I want to know why Shoot Many Robots didn't get ported to the Vita--it failed on PSN/XBLA, but it seems like a great fit for the Vita.

Honestly, every game that you couldn't really be bothered to play on console would be better on the vita. Hardly any wouldn't suit it or couldn't adapt to the controls and sometimes improve them with the touchscreen. And you just feel like playing something more when it is portable and you aren't glued to it like a movie.

Imagine playing angry birds on PS3 vs IOS.

Think it is just a matter of time and the devs' resources/commitment.

--I don't know why I don't just quote each time, someone always beats me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom