• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Ridge Racer should have shipped with the Silver Pass, not the Gold pass. And I believe that was only for launch week.

The gold pass just came out. Thus far there's only 1 of the 3 tracks even available for download.

I made a video of the new track with the Gold Pass, if anyone cares. The video is not that great of quality - it was a sort of proof of concept that i could record video, record audio, edit and post it from my new asus transformer prime. The answer is yes - I can do that - but it's nowhere near the quality (especially the audio) as on desktop. Not that I expected it would be... but i figured i'd give a heads up on why the sound sucks.
http://foryourvitahype.com/2012/04/25/five-more-minutes-with-ridge-racer-new-dlc-track/
You have that the other way around.
It's the gold pass and it was supposed to be available until April 30th.

Silver pass came out a couple weeks ago or so.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...round-the-corner-on-march-13th-with-free-dlc/

mangaroo

Banned
Yeah silver pass was second. Damn hopefully you can contact namco or sony? Are you sure it wasn't a second hand purchase and someone already used the gold pass? Namco did get back to me but it took a long time when I posed on their forums about the katamari dlc issue.

Wait up, having a look at dallow_bg's link:

The same Gold Pass is also available for free to all fans who purchase the digital version of the game on PlayStation Network no later than April 30, 2012.

:'( That is pretty lame. Gold pass is pretty good...silver pass looks pretty neat too, got some vids of the new tracks here.

Correction edit: Digital also until 30th. Retail while stocks last.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Yeah silver pass was second. Damn hopefully you can contact namco or sony? Are you sure it wasn't a second hand purchase and someone already used the gold pass? Namco did get back to me but it took a long time when I posed on their forums about the katamari dlc issue.
What was your issue with Katamari?
And yeah, sealed copy from Target.

Edit: read the link again. Gold pass code should also be in the box.
It was incentive for both digital and retail purchases.

mangaroo

Banned
dallow_bg said:
What was your issue with Katamari?
And yeah, sealed copy from Target.

Edit: read the link again. Gold pass code should also be in the box.
It was incentive for both digital and retail purchases.

Just that they hadn't made the levels available for EU even though we were getting the notifications saying they were available for weeks. Sorry just edited post with some more details. Bit of a shame really as the game is actually quite decent with the rest of the maps but you did get it cheap anyway I guess.

Sorry yes I read the link again, it seems that the digital will definitely get gold pass for free up until the 30th, but the retail was while stocks last which is really annoying that it sold out already....TBH not sure what your memory card free space status is or the return policy for the game is but just thought it was worth mentioning that it's nice having it on digital to fire up for a quick game every now and then (after you've played through it the first time). Shinobido 2 came with £10 off ridge racer so I picked it up digitally. Sorry for the initial confusion on my part about the codes. The game is a little bare without the gold pass, reasonable with it and the 3 extra tracks from the silver will really seal it for me in terms of having a decent amount of content to enjoy the game.

Is there actually a dedicated Vita discussion thread or is this it?

Anyway, I wasn't too bothered about the Vita before but I had some Amazon gift vouchers left over last week, so I bought the Wi-Fi version with Rayman, Uncharted, Wipeout and Everybody's Golf. I'm pretty impressed overall, although I feel that Rayman plays better on console than handheld, it seems to slow down in places and I find myself frantically trying to zoom the screen in or out at vital moments. Have not tried the other games yet...

Is there actually a dedicated Vita discussion thread or is this it?
This is it. Maybe "general discussion thread" would have been a more apt title.

Once you're done with those games I suggest you take a look at the PSN. There are a few good games like Escape Plan, Frobisher Says!, and Super Stardust Delta. A lot of people seem to like the Mutant Blobs game too.

This is it. Maybe "general discussion thread" would have been a more apt title.

Once you're done with those games I suggest you take a look at the PSN. There are a few good games like Escape Plan, Frobisher Says!, and Super Stardust Delta. A lot of people seem to like the Mutant Blobs game too.

Yeah, will do. I've already got Motorstorm RC and Escape Plan on my shopping list.

BTW, can you rent films from PSN? Don't fancy paying the silly prices to own them but wouldn't mind renting if it's cheap enough.

My store received the new NYKO Vita Speaker stand, and we now have our review up!
NykoVitaCradle-300x250.jpg

hitmon

Anybody have advice on getting Content Manager to work between Vita and a PC? I installed content manager on the PC, but the Vita acts as if its not installed.

So all of game's saves and whatnot are tied to the icon on the home screen? If you want to delete a game to make space for another (which will happen quite often seeing how I only have a 4gb card right now) but you want to still have its saves for later, do you have to pretty much back up the game to a PC with the content manager? That is kind of absurd. I hope I'm missing something.

So all of game's saves and whatnot are tied to the icon on the home screen? If you want to delete a game to make space for another (which will happen quite often seeing how I only have a 4gb card right now) but you want to still have its saves for later, do you have to pretty much back up the game to a PC with the content manager? That is kind of absurd. I hope I'm missing something.

yep. It's probably due to early psp hacking were related to save game exploits (I think?).

It's a pain in the ass. Doesn't help that transfer speeds is dog shit.

you're missing nothing. yes, it's fucked, & yes, it makes buying the hard copy of a game like disgaea 3 a lot more appealing to me than getting the dd version...

Epcott

This is why I never play my Vita in the bathtub when getting a sponge bath.

Maybe he dropped it in the can after a nice relaxing dump (and his legs fell asleep, which made him drop it in)?

Agh, I want news on PSO2 Vita. Is it still happening after all the Sega doom and gloom?

I was never able to get it to work on my notebook. :(

I got it to work on my PC. It's a strange program... sometimes you have to restart your Vita in order for it to work, other times it just hates other Vita apps running at the same time. I've had it act wonky on my PS3 as well, and a Vita reset usually allows it to acknowledge the device.

Apologies if this has been answered already.
I downloaded the MH Freedom Unite demo to my PS3 but it wont show up in the content manager. Am I doing it wrong or are the PSP demos incompatible with the Vita?
Cheers

Sylver

Banned
Am I doing it wrong or are the PSP demos incompatible with the Vita?
Some demos work on vita but others don't even some demos of the same game from different store could work but others don't.
Sony uses the name of the ID to make the game/demo compatible that's why some games from the store doesn't work. Even on the same store but different version (Like the Everybody's Golf, Resistance retribution free full games from PSPGo do not work, but the paid version run), VITA uses a checklist if the name of that game it's on the list you will see it in content manager, if not, appear nothing.

Syn23

I got it to work on my PC. It's a strange program... sometimes you have to restart your Vita in order for it to work, other times it just hates other Vita apps running at the same time. I've had it act wonky on my PS3 as well, and a Vita reset usually allows it to acknowledge the device.
I've tried pretty much everything: restarted the Vita, restarted the notebook, uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple of times, tried to use the default folders settings and then changed them, and I coudn't fix it.
The only thing left is trying to reinstall USB drivers, but since my notebook is a little over a year old, I think obsolete drivers aren't an issue.

Wait, with "reset" did you mean holding down the power button for about 30 seconds and restarting the Vita from there? I haven't tried that.

hitmon

Maybe he dropped it in the can after a nice relaxing dump (and his legs fell asleep, which made him drop it in)?

Agh, I want news on PSO2 Vita. Is it still happening after all the Sega doom and gloom?

I've tried restarting both and still no luck. Uninstalled and re-installed with no luck. It works when connecting to the PS3, but I'd rather back my stuff up on the PC considering I'm running low on space on the PS3 no thanks to digital only titles..

Some demos work on vita but others don't even some demos of the same game from different store could work but others don't.
Sony uses the name of the ID to make the game/demo compatible that's why some games from the store doesn't work. Even on the same store but different version (Like the Everybody's Golf, Resistance retribution free full games from PSPGo do not work, but the paid version run), VITA uses a checklist if the name of that game it's on the list you will see it in content manager, if not, appear nothing.

Thanks for the help. Appreciate it. Seems a bit of a hit and miss system.

I also see that Sony have carried over the crazy download something, install it, try to run it, get a message that the thing you JUST downloaded needs to be updated, download update, run it.

spectyre

Just happened across this today. Sorry if old:

"Falcom released a bunch of screenshots of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Zero Evolution, an enhanced port of the PSP game from Patapon developer Pyramid. On top of adding extra side-stories and upping the graphics, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Zero Evolution utilizes Vita features like the touch screen and tilt control for mini-games."

Source(Silconera)

Sylver

Banned
Thanks for the help. Appreciate it. Seems a bit of a hit and miss system.

I also see that Sony have carried over the crazy download something, install it, try to run it, get a message that the thing you JUST downloaded needs to be updated, download update, run it.

There's another point for some games. If you download a PSP game (which isn't in VITA Store) through your PS3 can happen that VITA content manager don't recognize the game and you cannot import it to VITA but then if you check VITA Store downloaded story list let you (not with many games but with some of them) download the game and then works fine.

Ran rp

There are PSP demos that run on the Vita? Is there a compatibility list floating around somewhere?

Sylver

Banned
PSY・S;37385709 said:
There are PSP demos that run on the Vita? Is there a compatibility list floating around somewhere?

Yes some of them works for example the Everybody's Tennis demo worked on VITA before Sony pull it off (they re-uploaded the full version but not the demo :() no idea if there's a list but the best thing you can do is try them with the ones you want.

Just happened across this today. Sorry if old:

"Falcom released a bunch of screenshots of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Zero Evolution, an enhanced port of the PSP game from Patapon developer Pyramid. On top of adding extra side-stories and upping the graphics, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Zero Evolution utilizes Vita features like the touch screen and tilt control for mini-games."

Source(Silconera)

NEVER GETTING LOCALIZED.

T__T

raven777

Is there region restrictions for download games? Like, can I buy digital version of japanese game, switch to US account and still play them without any problem? I heard the DLCs are locked to the region, but I was wondering how it works for full digital games.

Ran rp

Yes some of them works for example the Everybody's Tennis demo worked on VITA before Sony pull it off (they re-uploaded the full version but not the demo :() no idea if there's a list but the best thing you can do is try them with the ones you want.

Nice. Thanks.

Epcott

I've tried pretty much everything: restarted the Vita, restarted the notebook, uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple of times, tried to use the default folders settings and then changed them, and I coudn't fix it.
The only thing left is trying to reinstall USB drivers, but since my notebook is a little over a year old, I think obsolete drivers aren't an issue.

Wait, with "reset" did you mean holding down the power button for about 30 seconds and restarting the Vita from there? I haven't tried that.

Yeah, completely turn off your Vita, or just restart it.
At least, it worked for my pc and PS3. Good luck.

And PSO2... I must know this! I'm going to look around and see if I can dig up new info on the Vita game.

Sylver

Banned
Is there region restrictions for download games? Like, can I buy digital version of japanese game, switch to US account and still play them without any problem? I heard the DLCs are locked to the region, but I was wondering how it works for full digital games.

Once you switch to any other account the game become useless. DLC content problem is f.e. if you buy the retail version of any game the DLC needs to be from the same PSN account region the game is. Japanese DLC from Gravity Daze it's possible won't work in Gravity Rush game (PS3 DLC works like this).

Syn23

Yeah, completely turn off your Vita, or just restart it.
At least, it worked for my pc and PS3. Good luck.
Well then I've done that.
In my last post I was talking about the procedure described here and specifically the first option: "Restart the PS Vita System".

I guess I'll try that too, since you made it come to my mind. :)

Has anyone bought the Vita 3G/Wifi bundle on Sony's website? I'm wondering if the free Uncharted is retail or a download once you activate 3G. I'm thinking it's retail, but I want to be sure.

Raine

Anyone know how Unit 13 stays online after suspending the game? I thought all apps had to reconnect to online after you hit the home button.

TheBear

I'm having issues with Tales from Space. It's locked up on me a few times now, randomly going to sleep and not turning on again, and just now I got like a proper error message. Is this a common issue with this game?

I'm having issues with Tales from Space. It's locked up on me a few times now, randomly going to sleep and not turning on again, and just now I got like a proper error message. Is this a common issue with this game?

I haven't heard of any problems like this with Tales fr. Space. It certainly has never happened to me, and I've put in a few hours on this game...

Globox_82

Banned
A bit of topic but how is vita selling compared to psp and how is sofware support compared to psp?
I never followed psp that,much but from what i remember it did better in both in same time period

VanWinkle

A bit of topic but how is vita selling compared to psp and how is sofware support compared to psp?
I never followed psp that,much but from what i remember it did better in both in same time period

Don't know about software but PSP hardware sold better than Vita at this point in the respective lifecycles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom