• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
scea layoffs? Good, they need to shake things up. Hopefully they all land back on their feet, but theyve been doing a pretty incompetent job

scee is kicking their asses in comparison and should be awarded. Get them more head count and give them scea's job

I can't imagine fewer SCEA employees will in any way improve the functioning of the division. Sony's downsizing has begun.

VanWinkle

Oh wow, I didn't realize we were so close to done with this thread. We at Vita-GAF are insane, been through 80,000 posts since February, haha.

Derrick01

Banned
Started out as general advice, then turned to general discussion because advice never happened, so I'm assuming it's going there next. :p

I can try to contact a mod and see what they think, however.

I don't see why'd they move this one there and not the Steam thread, which has stayed on gaming since that new (IMO horrible) policy was put into place. I go there all the time and while there's help and advice when people ask it's mostly game discussion and giveaways.

But I hate when OTs are thrown over there. It's the deathblow for threads since only the more dedicated goes to community threads. I guess it's one thing to throw game OTs there since they don't want the front page littered with them but the platform threads should stay.

daoster

That's probably the worst thing about TGS thus far. We can't even get token releases of supports like freaking PS2 up ports.

Even on the PSP side, why isn't Scamco making One Piece PSP a PSP/Vita dual release and get SCE to release a special edition Vita? How about making Digimon Adventure PSP and PSP/Vita release as well so that game stands a tiny shot of localization?

Yep.

It boggles my mind.

Ponn

Banned
Oh this may sound crazy, but tell me maybe how awesome it would be if KH 1.5 HD is remote play enabled!! My vita-depression is broken i'm so happy right now!! *HUGS EVERYONE*

daoster

Oh this may sound crazy, but tell me maybe how awesome it would be if KH 1.5 HD is remote play enabled!! My vita-depression is broken i'm so happy right now!! *HUGS EVERYONE*

That would require extra programming, which is too much effort for SE.

On a happier note, PSO2 for Vita looks pretty good, even if I don't care much for that type of game

cyborg009

Banned
A3M0j4nCMAACyQA.jpg:large

ZaRQg.jpg

Is this Vita/PC cross play for PSO2? That's awesome.
thanks for the pic wario via twitter
I don't see why'd they move this one there and not the Steam thread, which has stayed on gaming since that new (IMO horrible) policy was put into place. I go there all the time and while there's help and advice when people ask it's mostly game discussion and giveaways.

But I hate when OTs are thrown over there. It's the deathblow for threads since only the more dedicated goes to community threads. I guess it's one thing to throw game OTs there since they don't want the front page littered with them but the platform threads should stay.
I'm totally with you on all counts. Steam thread is a bit like this one(without the depressing doom and gloom most of the time, of course) and throwing an OT in the community forum is like a final nail in the coffin. It's no longer front page material and doesn't get the coverage it needs.

But now I'm thinking if I really should ask for not, since Steam and the 3DS both have general discussions outside the community board...

zroid

Banned
I don't think this is getting moved to Community. Only reason the Wii U threads were stuffed there for a while is because it was just nothing but speculation and rumourmongering. Now it got moved back to Gaming seeing as there's actually stuff to "discuss".

Until Sony
completely
abandons the Vita, we're probably safe :p

Derrick01

Banned
ZaRQg.jpg

Is this Vita/PC cross play for PSO2? That's awesome.
thanks for the pic wario via twitter

I'm totally with you on all counts. Steam thread is a bit like this one(without the depressing doom and gloom most of the time, of course) and throwing an OT in the community forum is like a final nail in the coffin. It's no longer front page material and doesn't get the coverage it needs.

But now I'm thinking if I really should ask for not, since Steam and the 3DS both have general discussions outside the community board...

iOS does too. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless this does get moved over there. Then we can all bitch and moan about it lol.

There will be two Soul Sacrifice live streams tonight. At 13:00JST (12AM EDT) there will be something here, and another at 15:00JST here.

Uh, where did this come from? That's Over My Dead Body ...

Looks like your links are a bit screwed up Takao -- the first one is for the 15:00JST one, and the second one is for tomorrow at 14:00JST. Here is a link for the one today at 13:00JST (in one hour):

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv108499443

Noi

So I bought a $20 PSN code from Gamestop a few hours ago...

How long do they take to email the damn code?!

Anywhere from instantly to for-fucking ever. It's a total crapshoot as to when they'll send it.

I miss Amazon offering PSN codes. They were pretty much instant. :(

kodt

Banned
So I've been trying to update my Vita to 1.81 for a few days and it will not work.

I tried updating over WiFi and the download time said 500 minutes. I figured it was a mistake and let it sit for a good 10 minutes, and it was at 440 minutes...

So I cancelled and decided to update throuh CMA. Plugged it in and CMA says it needs to update. Then it sits at about 10% on "Downloading Content Manager Assistant" until eventually timing out.

Very annoying since I cannot connect to PSN/Store without updating.

My internet connection is working fine.

Edit: Tried another WiFi network and got this error:

C0-11284-6
Network connection has
failed while updating.
Please confirm that both the access point's and PS Vita's
network settings are correct, and try to update the system
again. If the errorstill occurs, please contact Consumer Services
at 1-800-345-Sony (7669).

Vitacat

really? Both times I used bestbuy for it I regretted it. Link says less than an hour or something. Both times I got the code 2 days later.

Yeah, BB and Amazon don't have them. Only Gamestop. And I still have no code from them.

Only reason I bought it is because Sony locked me out of my CC on PSN because of their stupid errors. Too frustrated to even explain right now. Cannot believe the hoops I'm jumping just to give them my money. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? Pathetic.

Looking at my order detail for it on Gamestop's site, and next to "Activation Code" it's just blank. :-/

Depending on the time of day and such, it can take awhile; I bought one at night and it took like 12 hours. I bought one the next day and it took like 20 minutes.

Either way, when it's ready, you'll get an email saying they updated the part where Activation Code: is blank and you can log in to get it.

I, too, miss Amazon -- Best Buy usually got them to me in a matter of hours, but last I checked, they no longer had the instant email delivery. So now I have to settle for GameStop because I refuse to store CC info on PSN after the hack of 2011.

Massa

I'm trying to decide which Metal Gear Solid to play first. My plan right now is to go MGS3, Peace Walker, then MGS1-2-4. Any thoughts?

really? Both times I used bestbuy for it I regretted it. Link says less than an hour or something. Both times I got the code 2 days later.

They definitely suck but it was the only option (that didn't charge 10-30% fees) for people outside the US.

Not that it matters much to me right now, I won't be buying anything at all on PSN until they get their shit together and match their own MSRP.

Vitacat

Depending on the time of day and such, it can take awhile; I bought one at night and it took like 12 hours. I bought one the next day and it took like 20 minutes.

Either way, when it's ready, you'll get an email saying they updated the part where Activation Code: is blank and you can log in to get it.

I, too, miss Amazon -- Best Buy usually got them to me in a matter of hours, but last I checked, they no longer had the instant email delivery. So now I have to settle for GameStop because I refuse to store CC info on PSN after the hack of 2011.

I hear you. I will probably delete my CC info off PSN tomorrow for good.

Guess I'll just buy some PSN cards next time I'm at BB or Walmart etc.

EDIT: screw it, just deleted my CC info from PSN. No point having it there anyway if they frikkin won't even let me use it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Marvel 3 is pretty fun for a downsized port. But pulling off some moves and the hypers is kinda terrible. :/ Can't seem to do consistent hypers which is annoying in the heat of rounds.

branny

So I've been trying to update my Vita to 1.81 for a few days and it will not work.

I tried updating over WiFi and the download time said 500 minutes. I figured it was a mistake and let it sit for a good 10 minutes, and it was at 440 minutes...
I don't know how to help you, but I noticed the same thing earlier today when I tried to update. The first attempt was a 400-minute long download. I canceled and tried again, and it was lightning fast.

The same thing happened when I tried downloading from the store. I don't know what's up with the Vita. Other people have been having connection problems, too.

Marvel 3 is pretty fun for a downsized port. But pulling off some moves and the hypers is kinda terrible. :/ Can't seem to do consistent hypers which is annoying in the heat of rounds.
I think you'll get used to it. The d-pad is really good; it's just small. I do find some of the inputs in BlazBlue a bit more troublesome than the ones in UMvC3, but they're totally different games. I've found it best to keep track of exactly where forward and back are on the d-pad because sometimes I'll settle into using the ball of my thumb while playing and start being lazy with completing my quarter/half-circles.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Does Blazblue have a (more) linnet input method like the PSP BB's did? Street 3 Alpha has it as well and I feel it makes the game easier to use on the controllers since you don't have to be as precise and I've been able to do hadokens pretty easy in Alpha 3 with it on. With it off, not so much.

I really wish they'd allow controllers to be paired like the PSP Go does. I'd probably use controllers and "easy inputs: off" if that was the case. :/

(I know Marvel 3 has something similar but requires a PS3 copy of the game to use?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom