• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
OMG are you kidding me, Sony? Wipeout Pulse is $22
and Pure doesn't seem to be on the American store/removed?
while Wipeout 2048 hasn't been price-dropped either. Excuse me, WTF are you doing/smoking at the regional store offices?

kuroshiki

OMG are you kidding me, Sony? Wipeout Pulse is $22
and Pure doesn't seem to be on the American store/removed?
while Wipeout 2048 hasn't been price-dropped either. Excuse me, WTF are you doing/smoking at the regional store offices?

Wipeout is the most likely game that will be a free game when PS+ launches.

But then yeah. Their PSN division is not very good.

TheSeks

Wipeout is the most likely game that will be a free game when PS+ launches.

But then yeah. Their PSN division is not very good.

But I don't buy into PS Rental Service. So that doesn't help me at all. I've been waiting for them to price-match the retail price-drop for three weeks now and they haven't. So I went to look at the PSP titles since they should be $10-15 or less at this point and balked at the $22 price.

SCEA needs to step their game up in pricing old titles (especially when it has a newer title that was price-dropped in retail on a successor system) and matching price-drops. They can't have an excuse of "it's a third party title, we don't control the pricing there," for their own published titles.

branny

Does Blazblue have a (more) linnet input method like the PSP BB's did? Street 3 Alpha has it as well and I feel it makes the game easier to use on the controllers since you don't have to be as precise and I've been able to do hadokens pretty easy in Alpha 3 with it on. With it off, not so much.
BlazBlue's inputs are the same as console BlazBlue. I just mentioned it because there are a lot more things that can fuck up on a small d-pad like 632146 motions and comparatively complicated, relatively strict BnBs that involve quite a few directions, dashing, jump canceling, special moves, etc. in succession. The only easy operation-ish thing it has is Stylish mode, so no SFA3 Max-esque configurability, sadly.

I actually didn't even know SFA3 Max had Normal/Easy Type and Command Normal/Long/Arcade stuff until you mentioned it. I played it on PSP (and Vita) this whole time not knowing about that. :lol

I really wish they'd allow controllers to be paired like the PSP Go does. I'd probably use controllers and "easy inputs: off" if that was the case. :/

(I know Marvel 3 has something similar but requires a PS3 copy of the game to use?)
Yeah, it'd be nice. The one with UMvC3 isn't quite the same deal. If you have both copies, you can use your Vita as the controller while playing on PS3. It has four touchscreen panels enabled for instant execution of a couple things (like supers), sort of similar to SSFIV on 3DS but not as customizable I don't think. It seemed kind of worthless, but I only tried it once. I felt like such a huge tool using it.

TheSeks

Ah, that's a shame. I know for a fact that BB:CT and BB:CS (2? 1? I think it's 1 AND 2 but no longer rolls-back-patches for 1, so maybe just CS2) on PSP have the ability to do the same thing Street Alpha 3 does. And frankly, I prefer to have that option on in portables since it makes it less "strict" to pull things off and makes it MUCH easier to control on portables. I can understand pros bitching about it, but frankly if you're playing a fighter on a portable you're probably playing it casually anyway so having a bigger input window wouldn't be a big deal. *shrug*

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I think it's safe to assume that Zone of the Enders Vita is dead, but has anything been said about FFX Vita?

MarkPH

Neo Member
So we need a new Thread?

PS Vita general discussion thread part 5 l "Winter,Spring,Summer & Fall 2013" Enjoying Vita to the Fullest

Kazerei

Banned
PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | "Autumn Harvest"

Would've been perfect if this thread's tagline was "Summer Drought". Maybe the next part will be "Bitter Winter" :|

Hanmik

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | "waiting for 2013"

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | "I got touched by Sony"

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | "What is Love..? Sony don´t hurt me, don´t hurt me"

ohh. sorry I thought it was friday..

Yeah, here's the MH clone brigade on Vita thus far:

- Lord of Apocalypse (Square Enix)
- Ragnarok Odyssey (Gungho)
- Soul Sacrifice (SCE)
- Valhalla Knights 3 (MarvelousAQL)
- God Eater 2 (Namco Bandai)
- Toukiden (Koei-Temco)

Just missing the original, and Phantasy Star Portable ...

Thats a decent set of games!

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | Last one out turn off the lights

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The machine worth sacrificing your soul for

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | I saw an angel in the Vita and carved to set her free

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | You're a gamer because of one reason, and one reason alone. Because the Vita is in your hands.

Hanmik

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | I still haven´t sold mine.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | Star wars episode 5 also was the best part.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | +

Given how silent they've been on the ZoE HD Collection for months, I'm not about to write off the Vita version yet. And if so, there's no point buying the PS3 version first because the transfarring functionality will probably be patched in later like it was with MGS HD.

But if they have stealth cancelled it, screw em.

Jawmuncher

Given how silent they've been on the ZoE HD Collection for months, I'm not about to write off the Vita version yet. And if so, there's no point buying the PS3 version first because the transfarring functionality will probably be patched in later like it was with MGS HD.

But if they have stealth cancelled it, screw em.

Like everyone else was saying I think that it's just been pushed to next year.
They Did it with MGS and announced it with a release just a few month later, it was a pretty quick turnaround.

branny

I don't know about you guys, but I love having more color options after I've already bought my handheld.

Anyway, I'm actually not too bitter about the Vita because black is the only model that gives you that seamless bezel illusion with letterboxed content on the OLED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom