• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmik

Can't deactivate it from the PC

you can..

B9UwT.jpg

just deactivate ALL...

edit.. you figured it out..

RpgN

NEW Paint Park (Tentative Name) Announced

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0lQUMXxit8&list=PLF900F6EBE4E2AED0&index=5&feature=plpp_video

1. New drawning options
2. Twitter support
3. Skill Levels
4. Trends (?)
5. New minigames
6. Requests
7. DLC support
8. Stamps
9. Online communication

I love Paint Park, looking forward to online drawning competition.

!!!

So is it going to be an update? It's still going to be free, right? Looks like the app is actually going to be much more usable with this version. Being able to zoom in and have different pencil options would have been enough on its own but the more the better. I actually enjoy Paint Park and was hoping they'd update it to be more decent.

PSO2: Rad as hell. I could definitely see myself playing this version as my main version. Crazy as it may sound, I like the touch aspects. The main thing I saw was where you have a 10-item bar at the bottom - your typical MMORPG stuff - and you can touch them to use them. I felt having these elements be touch actually made the game easier to interact with, not worse. If games are going to have touch interfaces, that's what I want. Visually look pretty good on the smaller screen.

Technika Tune: Awesome. Dem Koreans know how to make pretty music/rhythm games, and that certainly is the case here. My first issue was figuring out how to hold the device, because you have to do a lot of front + back touching. I'm not sure I totally figured that answer out, but I got better at it. Front touch markers I saw were tap on the beat and tap + slide. Back where tap to the beat, and tap + hold (back hits can be anywhere, front hits have to be on the markers). Looks like it'll have some nice challenge, but not on the "OMG my brain is broken" level like DJ Max usually is. That doesn't mean the game might not get really crazy hard, though.

Ys Celceta: I had no real interest in this game before playing it, but now I do. Gameplay is fast - much faster than I was expecting. Run around, beat the crap out of monsters, pick up items, have fun. At the part I played, I had three party members, and I could switch out at any time. I don't know what it was, but there was just something about this that clicked me with. The only touch elements I ran into were touching the minimap to show a fullscreen map - which is exactly what I had hoped would happen.

Nice impressions on DJMax, I'm in a dilemma wether to wait on NA release or just pre-order it now.

f@luS

More than a member.
quick question

my 16gb is full and i wanna buy a lot of ps1 game

if i buy another card, what happens to all my games already? it makes a mess in my icons to switch cards?

Zoibie

Is there any news on whether that Reader app will be released outside of Japan? I've been waiting for the comics store to make its glorious, OLED return.

Roubjon

Nice impressions on DJMax, I'm in a dilemma wether to wait on NA release or just pre-order it now.

Basically it's if you'd rather have DLC or not. As much as I'd love to have that Korean LE, more gameplay is better than any of that stuff that comes with it. I'll just have to wait it out a some more.

RpgN

Oh, I just watched the HD version of NEW Paint Park. It's going to be released this Winter in Japan and the price is yet to be announced...it seems like they're not sure wether it's going to be free, but they're thinking about asking money for it :/

Not sure if that's right for what used to be a free app? I hope the improvements are going to be very substantial and they wouldn't dare of asking much for it.

Vitacat

Oh, I just watched the HD version of NEW Paint Park. It's going to be released this Winter in Japan and the price is yet to be announced...it seems like they're not sure wether it's going to be free, but they're thinking about asking money for it :/

Not sure if that's right for what used to be a free app? I hope the improvements are going to be very substantial and they wouldn't dare of asking much for it.

I don't mind free apps going paid as long as:

- the paid version adds substantial improvements/content that justify the price
- the free version remains available for free

KalBalboa

Banned

If they add network play it'd probably get played 10x more often.

After seeing PSO2 last night during the Sega stream... I really hope it hits Vita in the West :( It'll be such a killer app, I've always loved the PSO games and it looks like so much fun.

New ZoE HD trailer, but the Vita is absent at the platforms listed now :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLVkIdTxLl4

Is it really not coming to Vita anymore? Sigh...

Nah. That would give the false impression that we're all dying for MH on Vita. Between GE2 and SS, I honestly don't care about getting MH.

This too. I agree, there are better games in the vein of MH coming. I got burned out on MH, sunk hundreds of hours and I'm just tired of that type of grindfest.

Vitacat

Man, 32GB does fill up fast if you're buying games on PSN. I still can make lots of space by deleting demos and movies, but in a few months I'm really gonna want 64GB. Wonder if they'll ever made them that big. I would maybe pay $100 for 64GB... <_<

OmegaZero

PS Vita General Discussion Thread: Part 5 | "Coming Soon to PSV/PSP"

PS Vita General Discussion Thread: Part 5 | "Vitabros Unite!"

PS Vita General Discussion Thread: Part 5 | "It's Just a Flesh Wound"

Eh, that's all I got.

crinale

The trailer for Ys Celceta just arrived at Japanese Vita Online store. Check and see if you are interested (and have Japanese account).

zroid

Banned
PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The new "master race"

EDIT: you guys... that MonHun hate thing was a joke. I think I inadvertently turned this into a MonHun hate thread. Self-fulfilling prophecies are the worst.

Nah. That would give the false impression that we're all dying for MH on Vita. Between GE2 and SS, I honestly don't care about getting MH.

I played freedom 2 on my Vita for about 20 hours and that was enough. Was fun but so samey and limited for me. Just not really my thing I guess. I LOVED PSO though and really want PSO2 to come to the UK. I find that style of gameplay a lot more fun than MH's. I think I prefered God Eater because of its faster action but stopped playing again at about the 20 hour mark as the mosters just start repeating them selves but in different colours. However the faster gameplay and having an actual story made it more interesting and balanced it out, for me at least.

God Eater 2 might be on my list if the monster variation is there and so will soul sacrifice as long as they also have online play. That will be key to me really enjoying those games. I wish Ragnarock was coming out over here but I havn't seen anything on that yet.

edit

PS Vita General Discussion Thread: Part 5 | Give me portrait mode damn it

Cornbread78

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | "Sack Boys and T-Bags 1 touch away"

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | "Most Wanted Liberation of a Golden All-Star Little Kings Virtueous Odsysey"

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | "Falling in 2012"

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | " Guns, Balls, Books and Cars all before the holidays"

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | "Battle Royale in your hands"

sajj316

It's been vaporware for over a year. What did you expect? It was quietly cancelled ages ago.

I don't get angry much on forums but this is just infuriating. If it is cancelled, just say it is and be done with it. If it is not, just say it's been delayed to focus on the PS3/360 releases.

ZOE and Final Fantasy X - do the right thing Square and Konami. Do the right thing!

Hanmik

I don't get angry much on forums but this is just infuriating. If it is cancelled, just say it is and be done with it. If it is not, just say it's been delayed to focus on the PS3/360 releases.

ZOE and Final Fantasy X - do the right thing Square and Konami. Do the right thing!

I have asked Kojima on twitter.. (but I know he will not answer me..)

sajj316

I have asked Kojima on twitter.. (but I know he will not answer me..)

Let's have 10 Vita-GAF reps post to Kojima on twitter for 10 days straight before we get an answer .. if anything, the frustration of getting asked the same question by 10 folks for 10 days is equivalent to us being left in the dark since the initial announcement

EDIT: I do not have twitter but will gladly sign up for it

darkwing

Let's have 10 Vita-GAF reps post to Kojima on twitter for 10 days straight before we get an answer .. if anything, the frustration of getting asked the same question by 10 folks for 10 days is equivalent to us being left in the dark since the initial announcement

EDIT: I do not have twitter but will gladly sign up for it

do it, what is his twitter anyway?

Kazerei

Banned
PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | Wake Up Club is a sleeper hit

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | Oktoberfest

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | Wait for Game Heaven 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom