• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get angry much on forums but this is just infuriating. If it is cancelled, just say it is and be done with it. If it is not, just say it's been delayed to focus on the PS3/360 releases.

ZOE and Final Fantasy X - do the right thing Square and Konami. Do the right thing!

I completely agree. It's infuriating with how quiet they are regarding these things. JUST SAY SOMETHING. They wouldn't even confirm if they were still working on Versus FFS just because they're scared of journalists misquoting them or something.

The least they can do is just say "We're still working on it." or "We scrapped it." Being left in the dark as a fan, is the worst thing ever. The fact that they showed the logo and played the music got me so hyped for a HD port but then ... nothing.

I have twitter, I'll tweet a pretty angry one at Kojima-san. Square though.. I've pretty much given up on those idiots. "Hey Square, where is Type-O and Versus?" "Oh you guys want those? Sorry here's XIII-3, with four times the Lightning!"

Sid

I completely agree. It's infuriating with how quiet they are regarding these things. JUST SAY SOMETHING. They wouldn't even confirm if they were still working on Versus FFS just because they're scared of journalists misquoting them or something.

The least they can do is just say "We're still working on it." or "We scrapped it." Being left in the dark as a fan, is the worst thing ever. The fact that they showed the logo and played the music got me so hyped for a HD port but then ... nothing.

I have twitter, I'll tweet a pretty angry one at Kojima-san. Square though.. I've pretty much given up on those idiots. "Hey Square, where is Type-O and Versus?" "Oh you guys want those? Sorry here's XIII-3, with four times the Lightning!"
His much did mgs hd sell on the vita?

Ohnonono

MGSHD was the first purchase I made for my vita and even though there are games that are graphically more advanced it was what made me fall in love with the platform. It is a no compromise game that looks better than the PS2, which is a real sweet spot for me personally. PS2 games made HD can look modern and fantastic. I don't know if making these HD ports for Vita is just more expensive than it seems like it would be, but even though I own tons of amazing original Vita releases, FFX, P4G, MGSHD, and ZOEHD to me are system sellers. The vita really feels like a no compromise handheld and I want to play everything on it.

Now where is that 'OMG it's fucking nothing!' GIF?TGS was lame.
https://mobile.twitter.com/yosp/status/248795780683530242

Maybe to a westerner's taste, but TGS was pretty good to the Vita as far as Japanese titles are concerned.

Are there a lot of ports/cross platform games? Yes.

But the fact that there are a lot of games period is a step in the right direction. We learned about at least 10 new Vita games from TGS that we didn't know about before, and we learned more about some that we didn't know much about. There were so many games that I can't even remember them all.

Soul Sacrifice, Ore 2, God Eater 2, PSO2...

On a Bad-Excellent scale, TGS for PS Vita rates a Good imo.

KAL2006

Banned
I love the Vita, but it needs the killer software. LittleBigPlanet is definitely a start. But Vita needs something big. Games like Soul Sacrifice and Gravity rush are great hopefully they become big IP's, but the Vita just needs that big IP. Meanwhile 3DS is just getting all the big IP's, it already got NMB2, Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart, Kingdom Hearts and Resident Evil. It's getting Ace Attorney 5, Layton 6, the versus game, Monster Hunter, Shin Megami Tensei 4 and even a new JRPG by Square Enix, Bravely Defualt. What Vita needs is the big IP's to give it that push, and it shouldn't be a port, where is Monster Hunter, Kingdom Hearts, Final fantasy, Gran Turismo and GTA. LittleBigPlanet and Assassins Creed (if that turns out good) are a good start, COD had potential but they had to ruin that.

sajj316

I love the Vita, but it needs the killer software. LittleBigPlanet is definitely a start. But Vita needs something big. Games like Soul Sacrifice and Gravity rush are great hopefully they become big IP's, but the Vita just needs that big IP. Meanwhile 3DS is just getting all the big IP's, it already got NMB2, Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart, Kingdom Hearts and Resident Evil. It's getting Ace Attorney 5, Layton 6, the versus game, Monster Hunter, Shin Megami Tensei 4 and even a new JRPG by Square Enix, Bravely Defualt. What Vita needs is the big IP's to give it that push, and it shouldn't be a port, where is Monster Hunter, Kingdom Hearts, Final fantasy, Gran Turismo and GTA. LittleBigPlanet and Assassins Creed (if that turns out good) are a good start, COD had potential but they had to ruin that.

I was hoping for a Gran Turismo announcement and hopefully Rockstar could do something with the Vita. If not Grand Theft Auto then something in the world of Red Dead Redemption.

Skyzard

Banned
PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | Accepting life without Capcom or Square Enix

Lol

It's not so bad though...SFxT, and for MH - PSO2, GE2, SS ... I mean s'ok really? Never really played MH to be that bothered but the alternatives seem decent enough.

SE down the line I bet, I'm not expecting a new FFX anymore tbh..

The main grip that vita has is the damn price (console, memory cards, games), all the "vita has no gaems" thing is just a meme at this point, the machine has several games worth checking but entry price is high, the thing is, software is important yes, but so is the entry price and the value that people sees in the thing, right now is painfully obvious that people does not think that the Vita is worth the inversion.

They need to cut the price in 50€ and drop a 4g memory card in every vita box.

Agree. Its a shame we still have not seen how FFX HD looks like, it shouldve been the system seller this holiday in Japan. I don't know wich big games are releasing there in december.

pixelbox

The main grip that vita has is the damn price (console, memory cards, games), all the "vita has no gaems" thing is just a meme at this point, the machine has several games worth checking but entry price is high, the thing is, software is important yes, but so is the entry price and the value that people sees in the thing, right now is painfully obvious that people does not think that the Vita is worth the inversion.

They need to cut the price in 50€ and drop a 4g memory card in every vita box.
Bingo

KAL2006

Banned
I was hoping for a Gran Turismo announcement and hopefully Rockstar could do something with the Vita. If not Grand Theft Auto then something in the world of Red Dead Redemption.

What surprises me is that there is no big Japanese IP for Vita. Uncharted, Assassins Creed, LittleBigPlanet are some attempts at getting big IP's for Vita, but they are all western games. But I see no software to push Vita in Japan. Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush all look awesome but they are new IPs though I hope they become big franchises in the future. But Vita needs a japanese game that pushes the system in Japan. Games like Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, ace Attorney are IP's that are quite popular in Japan, but Vita has none of them. While 3DS has nearly all of the top Japanese IPs (Mario, Monster Hunter, Kingdom Hearts, Shin Megami Tensei, Bravely Default, Layton, Ace Attorney, Resident Evil). TGS needed a big japanese game announced for Vita.

What surprises me is that there is no big Japanese IP for Vita. Uncharted, Assassins Creed, LittleBigPlanet are some attempts at getting big IP's for Vita, but they are all western games. But I see no software to push Vita in Japan. Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush all look awesome but they are new IPs though I hope they become big franchises in the future. But Vita needs a japanese game that pushes the system in Japan. Games like Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, ace Attorney are IP's that are quite popular in Japan, but Vita has none of them. While 3DS has nearly all of the top Japanese IPs (Mario, Monster Hunter, Kingdom Hearts, Shin Megami Tensei, Bravely Default, Layton, Ace Attorney, Resident Evil). TGS needed a big japanese game announced for Vita.

God Eater 2 should be pretty big.

sajj316

I would consider Phantasy Star Online a decent size IP. Not Monster Hunter big but it has potential. If the Vita game is solid (by all accounts it is), I think it will be a system seller in Japan

KAL2006

Banned
God Eater 2 should be pretty big.

Again, it needs something exclusive, God Eater 2 is also coming out on PSP.

I would consider Phantasy Star Online a decent size IP. Not Monster Hunter big but it has potential. If the Vita game is solid (by all accounts it is), I think it will be a system seller in Japan

Isn't that a port, and also isn't it a MMO where you have to pay monthly, I expect people would just rather play it on their PC's especially for a game that requires internet

kerrak

A gaming centric twitter account is a perfect fit for the vita lifestyle. The app is great, and there's plenty of people to follow.

Hanmik

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | games, apps and a senorita..

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | we had one game on the bestseller list in Japan.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | my hands are to big for this thing.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | first E3, then Gamescom and now TGS.. WHY..?

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | one vita to rule them all.. (also just one game).

and now I can finally leave work.:!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom