• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense to XSEED, but Vita really needs AC3:L to sell. If it doesn't that's pretty much the end for western support on this thing.
See, that's one of the main reasons I want Liberation. If it doesn't sell well enough, we can say goodbye to Western developers, just like the PSP.

I'll probably say screw it and get both in the end, though... I got a few games to trade in with some credit racked up anyway. I want to play with you folks with RO, but I also want to support western developed Vita games and I love the AssCreed series! The decisions hurt, you guys! :'(

Knowing almost nothing about the two games, AC:L probably is not very long or replayable so you might me able to find it used down the road.

The real answer is, buy both + NLKS for that $20 back in November.
I definitely want to try out NLKS sometime. It's good, right? I've never really cared for Pikmin much, but I love the Overlord series.

Is that the LBP + FIFA + something else (Uncharted?) one? That ones is a hell of a deal.

Good to see SCEE are advertising a fair bit. Been seeing the LBP advert a fair amount on C4 and E4. Seen the general Vita advert a few times too.

Ya that's the one, but it's just the two games and a 4gb card but still. Sounds like its a great deal and should sell far better

legbone

man, i just played the demo for book of memories and it's pretty damn good in my opinion. if it wasn't for persona 4, ass creed III (both console and vita) and xcom coming out i would seriously consider picking it up. may get it down the line. really cool idea for a silent hill game. usually they are not my cup of tea but it is really scratching my action rpg/loot whore itch. i really wish i knew what the fuck is going on though. really lost at the beginning since i had no idea what the symbols meant and what to do in that one room that just glows red when you go up to the book in the center of the room. any ideas?

Toki767

See, that's one of the main reasons I want Liberation. If it doesn't sell well enough, we can say goodbye to Western developers, just like the PSP.

I'll probably say screw it and get both in the end, though... I got a few games to trade in with some credit racked up anyway. I want to play with you folks with RO, but I also want to support western developed Vita games and I love the AssCreed series! The decisions hurt, you guys! :'(

Well you have two weeks in between to scrounge up $40.

olimpia84

After playing the first 8 or 9 chapters in Uncharted GA I think this is tied with Uncharted 2 as my favorite in the series. Am I crazy? The impression I got from the comments here is that this was a below average game but I'm enjoying this a ton (so far).

Carl

After playing the first 8 or 9 chapters in Uncharted GA I think this is tied with Uncharted 2 as my favorite in the series. Am I crazy? The impression I got from the comments here is that this was a below average game but I'm enjoying this a ton (so far).

GA is my favourite Uncharted game :)

No, it's tied with U2 for me too. But lets not start this argument again :p It's been debated to death in this thread.

Goldrusher

Everybody here loves Golden Abyss.

Carl

That's the one I meant but misunderstood then - makes it a fucking amazing deal. That's £20 less than I spent at launch and includes the 3 games free. Man I hope it sells well this holiday

Well i got a 3G one so that is a hell of a lot less than i paid :p Great price though, yeah. Certainly deserves to do well.

Looking again i think that bundle contains a 4GB memory card and i think LBP is digital - looks like the same LBP bundle as Sainsburys have, just with more games bundled in.

Well i got a 3G one so that is a hell of a lot less than i paid :p Great price though, yeah. Certainly deserves to do well.

Looking again i think that bundle contains a 4GB memory card and i think LBP is digital - looks like the same LBP bundle as Sainsburys have, just with more games bundled in.

Makes me tempted to buy one just for a us/Japan account....

Am I crazy?

Comments in this thread or gaf in general? I don't think I have heard many people in here not like, it generally spoken of with a fair amount of praise.

I still need to beat GA. I got stuck on some weird puzzle and/or annoying enemies and never really went back.

Well you have two weeks in between to scrounge up $40.
Easily done. And if not, I've got a safeguard. Gamestop has this "trade 2, get $40" trade-in "deal" going on now that I can take advantage of if need be. Have Skyrim and Saint's Row 3 on PC, so why not get rid of the 360 versions?

Makes me tempted to buy one just for a us/Japan account....

Am I crazy?
Not crazy, there are many Japan-exclusive demos and such.

That bundle looks amazing. It only needs Kratos driving a GT5p car and it'd be the ultimate PS bundle.

Synless

It's not my favorite, but I enjoyed it over uncharted 3.

xclaw

I love everything about GA until it tosses some touchy feely or puzzle to assemble thing at you. If only they opted to not have that as part of the game it would have praise I think.

Kaizer

Banned

I played it back in June, probably my favorite gaming experience on Vita thus far, the controls are sooooo good.

sajj316

No EU blog post until tomorrow. No word on US.

Probably the same thing. This makes no damn sense. You put the blog out today, get forums to hype the shit out of it, create buzz for the indie studios, and buy buy buy come Wednesday.

Sid

I still need to beat GA. I got stuck on some weird puzzle and/or annoying enemies and never really went back.

Easily done. And if not, I've got a safeguard. Gamestop has this "trade 2, get $40" trade-in "deal" going on now that I can take advantage of if need be. Have Skyrim and Saint's Row 3 on PC, so why not get rid of the 360 versions?

Not crazy, there are many Japan-exclusive demos and such.
Watch a walkthrough of GA and dude what the hell is up with your avatar?

Carl

Probably the same thing. This makes no damn sense. You put the blog out today, get forums to hype the shit out of it, create buzz for the indie studios, and buy buy buy come Wednesday.

I think you've forgotten what company this is ;)

Massa

So I went to EA's website to check for a release date for Most Wanted and... I couldn't find a mention of the Vita at all there. It's like it doesn't exist.

Uh.

Yopis

I always lked the game. Think Its great minus some of the swiping parts. Run through multiple times myself.

Trigger

I enjoyed the demo for Book of Memories. It's a bit simple though. I'll probably buy it on sale. Going to dive in to the Zero Escape demo next.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Ragnarok Odyssey comes out sooner. And you can play with us. Ubisoft games do tend to price drop awfully quick too. Plus you can be sure that Ragnarok Odyssey probably needs the sale more than Assassin's Creed which is what everyone will get anyways.

All of this!

While it's not going to break records, ACL will most likely sell more than RO. I'm only getting RO for the time being because I got it for 30 thanks to Newegg.

Hey Top o' the page! I should say something witty, but I can't think of something!

All of this!

While it's not going to break records, ACL will most likely sell more than RO. I'm only getting RO for the time being because I got it for 30 thanks to Newegg.

Hey Top o' the page! I should say something witty, but I can't think of something!

Don't make it 'too' witty, because you're actually in the middle of the page.

/100postsperpagemasterrace

Trigger

All these positive impressions of silent hill are making me consider getting it, I'm itching for a portable loot experience

Tried the demo? The only thing that it's missing is a large weapon selection and the possibility of story branching. Otherwise it seems like a good representation of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom