• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita US Launch Details (Launch Games, Accessory Pricing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
played with a unit for about 10 minutes today at gamestop, might lighter then expected even after hearing others say its light. Sticks would take some getting used to but responsive and much better then the 3ds circle pad, light years better then the psp slider

I played gravity rush and uncharted both impressive but not really pick up and play games

imjust1n

Banned
The existence of that piece of paper pretty much means there's zero way Modnation Racer will get an infrastructure later on. How will they mail the online pass to people post-patch???

Total failure Sony. If you cannot even bother with your own 1st party, why would 3rd parties follow?

There is online on modnation you can play all the maps that people made and make your own maps and have people play them, and you can play with your friends via local. There is just no one vs w.e. the game is also 30 bucks what do you expect with that price?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Will online multi be something that's supported by many titles? And is it between PSN ISs? If so, I need to start adding people pronto on my PS3...

I asked before about PSN games being playable on the Vita and forgot to ask, will PSN games such as Bloodrayne Betrayel and the Pixel Junk games be playable on Vita?

Massa

Will online multi be something that's supported by many titles? And is it between PSN ISs? If so, I need to start adding people pronto on my PS3...

A lot of the games have an online component, even if it's a simple leaderboard comparison between you and your friends. And it uses the same account and friends list as the PS3.

I asked before about PSN games being playable on the Vita and forgot to ask, will PSN games such as Bloodrayne Betrayel and the Pixel Junk games be playable on Vita?

No, these are PS3 games. At launch you'll be able to play Vita games and most PSP/minis games. Later on they'll patch support for PS1 games. It will never play PS3 games.

DBT85

Okay, thanks. I wasn't completely clear on which ones it would handle.

It is possible that those PSN PS3 games will get a Vita release tough.

As I've said before, what I'd like to see is every new small PSN game (Pixeljunk, Dead nation, Fancy Pants Adventures, Stacking etc) get a Vita/PS3 release going foward. There's no real reason not to.

M.W.

Well, I was going to do the first edition bundle, but I really don't want that game. I'll save the extra bucks for Uncharted.

- J - D -

Yes, both the 3DS and PSP comfortably fit in my pockets, and I frequently take them out with me (3DS obviously more often than the other b/c of Street Passing).

And yes, the 3DS graphics wowed me because of the 3D. I sat there and watched the menus spin around on the top screen playing with the slider for a full five minutes after unboxing it. In fact, I probably spent more time look at the menus in 3D than I did playing games on it for the first three months I owned it because there wasn't anything to play on it, lol.

To put it another way, in 2002 my Nokia cell phone couldn't do what my GBA was doing. In 2006 my Razr couldn't do what my DS was doing. Whatever phone I had in 2008 couldn't keep up with the PSP. My Droid X couldn't do 3D in 2011. However, I have several mobile devices capable of approximating what I saw on the Vita earlier this evening.

That's not saying the graphics aren't good, because they are, just that there wasn't that jaw drop moment, like that time in 2005 when I saw King Kong running on a 360 demo unit in Wal-Mart, etc.

You bought the wrong cell phone, dude.

300px-Nokia_N-Gage.png

N-Gage did what Nintendid also.

Mrbob

I had the same problems when using the PSP while sitting up or standing. The only time it really felt comfortable is when I would play laying down (which is the only way I played the PSP so it didn't really bother me). I haven't tried out the VITA but i'm guessing it's gonna feel pretty similar in my hands.

I got to try out the vita today and my opinion is the exact opposite. The psp nub placement is garbo while the position of the vita sticks are great. 3ds and psp make my hands cramp but the vita felt perfect. First portable that I can easily use the left shoulder button without issue. I have longer fingers so the bigger size helps.

As for the size 5" is nice but after using an iPad for two years I'd prefer it to be even bigger. Also, I consider my iPad to be portable so I really, really don't understand the argument that the vita is not.

Portable or not Im just in it for the games. If the games are good enough I'll play it with a 3' chain tether to my toilet.

Is it possible to move your existing PSP saves over to a Vita? I'm playing Legend of Heroes right now and I'd continue to play it on Vita but there's no way I'm restarting it when I'm already more than halfway through.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Is it possible to move your existing PSP saves over to a Vita? I'm playing Legend of Heroes right now and I'd continue to play it on Vita but there's no way I'm restarting it when I'm already more than halfway through.
Absolutely no problem with copying saves.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Copying back to PSP is fine too, right? Because if we do see Trails in the Sky 2 on the PSP I think everyone would want to have the saves able to be brought back to the original PSP.
Can't check it now, but I guess it should be ok.

test_account

XP-39C²
well just about every game that are/will be available for different platforms like umvsc3, sfxt, rayman etc. Sure some are third party titles but having that will make sony's consoles more attractive
As you say, most of those titles are 3rd party, so i dont think that Sony can enforce such price for 3rd parties (Sony probably can technically, but i'm not sure that 3rd parties would like it). And 3rd parties dont offer discounts for their multiplayer games so far, like you dont get discount on the Xbox 360 version if you buy the PS3 version, or vice versa.

I do think that games with some kind of cross platform stuff, either if it is online play or just shared savegame, might get some kind of discount though, but we'll see :)

Raonak

Banned
As you say, most of those titles are 3rd party, so i dont think that Sony can enforce such price for 3rd parties (Sony probably can technically, but i'm not sure that 3rd parties would like it). And 3rd parties dont offer discounts for their multiplayer games so far, like you dont get discount on the Xbox 360 version if you buy the PS3 version, or vice versa.

I do think that games with some kind of cross platform stuff, either if it is online play or just shared savegame, might get some kind of discount though, but we'll see :)

People who have a Ps3 and a 360 don't need a reason to have both versions of a single game, they occupy the same niche.

while a PS3 version and a Vita version of a game serve different purposes. Making a dual pack would be beneficial to the publisher, as most people wouldn't bother double dipping for games, but if there was a dual pack, I could see a lot of people buying it.

sorta like how some movies have the BD/DVD/download packs.

test_account

XP-39C²
People who have a Ps3 and a 360 don't need a reason to have both versions of a single game, they occupy the same niche.

while a PS3 version and a Vita version of a game serve different purposes. Making a dual pack would be beneficial to the publisher, as most people wouldn't bother double dipping for games, but if there was a dual pack, I could see a lot of people buying it.

sorta like how some movies have the BD/DVD/download packs.
Good point. Although i dont think that many publishers will give discount when buying the same game on two platforms. It would be a good idea though, i agree with that.

Loonz

I got to try out the vita today and my opinion is the exact opposite. The psp nub placement is garbo while the position of the vita sticks are great. 3ds and psp make my hands cramp but the vita felt perfect. First portable that I can easily use the left shoulder button without issue. I have longer fingers so the bigger size helps.

Well, I've tried one recently and felt that the right stick was a bit too close to the X button. You can probably get used to that, is not a deal breaker.

Now, does anyone know if is there going to be a program for us, European PSP owners, to somehow have PSP retro-compatibility of any kind on the Vita?. I would even take even the program they made for the Japanese (pay 10$ for digital copies of your already owned PSP games), anything. This would push me from "perhaps" to "certainly" in my purchase decision. I like shiny gadgets :(.

Sorry if asked before, but Sony is not selling the 32GB cards in Europe, but when I import a 32GB card it'll work on my EU Vita right? Or are those cards region locked ?( I don't wanna spend 78 euro's for a card that won't work )

spectyre

Sorry if asked before, but Sony is not selling the 32GB cards in Europe, but when I import a 32GB card it'll work on my EU Vita right? Or are those cards region locked ?( I don't wanna spend 78 euro's for a card that won't work )

Cards are not region locked. In fact, Yoshida recommended importing if you wanted the 32GB.

Gamespawn

Hi everyone! Just got validated. With the formalities out of the way, here is my question? You know how on laptops, some come with software to lower the resolution if a ac adapter isn't present for power saving? Is this possible to do on the Vita?

What I mean is, could it be possible to make games run at different resolutions depending on if they're plugged in or not? Like native plugged in and sub-native on the go.

Thanks to all the replies.

Hi everyone! Just got validated. With the formalities out of the way, here is my question? You know how on laptops, some come with software to lower the resolution if a ac adapter isn't present for power saving? Is this possible to do on the Vita?

What I mean is, could it be possible to make games run at different resolutions depending on if they're plugged in or not? Like native plugged in and sub-native on the go.

Thanks to all the replies.
Welcome to NeoGAF! There are far easier ways to reduce battery consumption, like reducing the brightness of the screen. Sony is not going to mess around with the resolutions. If you unplug the AC adapter, the max brightness of the PS Vita will drop to 80%. Some games also turns off the wi-fi to save a few battery minutes.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yoshida suggested importing the memory card to European players via twitter.

Anyone planning on getting the First Edition Bundle, but swapping out the carrying case for something else? I'm getting the Taco Bell one (not the bundle) and I really want that carrying case...

no_to_co

Anyone planning on getting the First Edition Bundle, but swapping out the carrying case for something else? I'm getting the Taco Bell one (not the bundle) and I really want that carrying case...

That case is the reason why I am getting that bundle. It's the only hard case that Sony is offering and it is only available in that bundle. A few pages back somebody was offering it, so do a search and maybe you'll can find that post.

February 15th

Asphalt: Injection
Virtua Tennis 4
Lumines
Fifa
F1 2012
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Michael Jackson
Rayman Origins
ModNation Racers
BlazBlue - Preordered and paid off.
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Preordered and paid off.
Wipeout - Preordered.
Hot Shots Golf - Preordered
Ben 10
Uncharted - Bought
Little Deviants - Comes with FEB

February 22nd

Ridge Racers
Shinobido 2
Touch My Katamari
Army Corps of Hell
Dynasty Warriors NEXT
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

A decent chunk of games will be mine on launch day.

Does Army corps of hell have an online multiplayer mode? Also I heard that dynasty warriors next does but what does it entail?

Trying to figure out some multiplayer games to play with my buddy

Cookie18

'
On Topic, how many of you FEB buyers plan on keeping Little Deviants? Day one ebay imo. I know I am.

I'm getting my Vita on the 22nd since we don't have the 15th option but Little Deviants is actually quite a fun game. I'd recommend trying it before selling it, you may be surprised :)

e_i

Alright...final tally:

FEB - paid off
16 GB card - paid off
Uncharted GA - paid off
UMvC3 - paid off
Rayman Origins - paid off
HSG - paid off

On order from Amazon:
Wipeout 2048

Cookie18

I should be open minded about it. I'll go off and play some at a demo unit today and give it a chance.

I completely wrote it off before playing it. I'm going to get it if my Vita comes with the pre-order pack voucher but if you've already got it with your console it could be worth keeping.

Gamespawn

Welcome to NeoGAF! There are far easier ways to reduce battery consumption, like reducing the brightness of the screen. Sony is not going to mess around with the resolutions. If you unplug the AC adapter, the max brightness of the PS Vita will drop to 80%. Some games also turns off the wi-fi to save a few battery minutes.

Thanks for the response. I think they all should leave wifi on and drop the brightness more. I here that even at 50% the screen is surprisingly clear and always on connection is supposed to be one of the Vita's strong points. I'm getting the 3G model so if they're going to limit my connection, I won't buy their game.

AleeN634

Are there any impressions of Dynasty Warriors Next? I'm a big fan of the series but haven't seen any big import impressions or previews.

That case is the reason why I am getting that bundle. It's the only hard case that Sony is offering and it is only available in that bundle. A few pages back somebody was offering it, so do a search and maybe you'll can find that post.

Thanks, I found what I hope is that post and sent them a PM. If that falls through hopefully there will be more GAFers unloading theirs come launch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom