• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita US Launch Details (Launch Games, Accessory Pricing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some of us that were stupid enough to have planned on getting Little Deviants before the FEB was even announced, so because of prior stupidity it's not so stupid for us to get the FEB as it has everything that we want.

I don't feel like im settling for a crappy bundle just to get it early. I feel like Im getting a good bundle *AND* i'm getting it early. I am pretty dumb though.

Fou-Lu

Meh, the case, the memory stick and the early release date are already worth the extra $50 to me, Little Deviants is just a 'bonus' I guess.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I remember DJmizuhara going gaga over DWN when it came out in Japan.
twentytwo played it quite a lot iirc, including online multiplayer - if you ask him nicely on twitter or here, he may post some more impressions.

I've only played the demo and it looks really decent, using the Vita features like touchscreen for special attacks is fun, but I'm bored to death with DW-style gameplay so I didn't buy it.

x3r0123

The wait is easy for me considering I still don't have any hype for Vita. If you want to be an easy cheap ass, just avoid looking at any previews for all games and it makes waiting so much easier :)

well i'm not hyped for a lot of the launch games anyways. I'll probably get some later down the road after a discount

Captain N

I'm really glad I didn't get too impatient and drop $500 for an import.

That makes two of us!

twentytwo played it quite a lot iirc, including online multiplayer - if you ask him nicely on twitter or here, he may post some more impressions.

I've only played the demo and it looks really decent, using the Vita features like touchscreen for special attacks is fun, but I'm bored to death with DW-style gameplay so I didn't buy it.

I didn't even think to check his youtube videos.

http://youtu.be/nEhQ_YMjOX8

boom. It looks pretty good. I mean it looks like DW, but at the same time looks good. Online Multiplayer is a nice bonus!

Should I feel sorry for people who had to wait 2 months since the Japanese release then?

you... just ... stay over there. Hey, at least we don't have to wait till God Knows when to play Rayman( we dont have to import it :D )

Anyway, I know it was probably said before , but are we going to have two different launch threads or just a "Western launch" one?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Love your bitter tears, plebe.

FEB master race. :bow

Income tax master race card holder here

What you get is face value on the 1st edition. I mean your paying the same as you would if not a little less for what's coming in it. 30 dollar game, 15-20 dollar stick, and let's say 10-20 for the case. On top of that you still get the SEN game voucher, 250mb data plan, and maybe even upped from a 4->8gb stick with the 1st editions as well. I think it's a smart play.

Income tax master race card holder here

What you get is face value on the 1st edition. I mean your paying the same as you would if not a little less for what's coming in it. 30 dollar game, 15-20 dollar stick, and let's say 10-20 for the case. On top of that you still get the SEN game voucher, 250mb data plan, and maybe even upped from a 4->8gb stick with the 1st editions as well. I think it's a smart play.

Exactly, it's been a healthy year for me, tax-return wise, and having to wait 17(hahah,plebs) days is not exactly what I would call enjoying my return, right? :D

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

That and it would just get utterly wrecked by The Show on yet another platform
KuGsj.gif

Seriously you're the first person I've ever seen asking where MLB 2K12 on the Vita is :(

Cloudy

Banned
Also, I'm more interested in FFX than any Vita game. Any word on that?

It's crazy how I resisted the vita hype for so long then *bam* lol

It's probably a long way off. I'd like to be optimistic but knowing Square, the time from announcement to release is probably going to be similar to that of Crisis Core or something. Sony was clearly jumping the gun on the announcement just to generate early hype for Vita.

Cookie18

FFX pushed me over the edge too. The optimist in me thinks it will be out in early 2013 but realistically I doubt that will be the case.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
FINALLY got a chance to play a Vita today at a local Gamestop and then again at the local Best Buy.

The screen is phenomenal and the system is the perfect weight. The right stick placement seems off--will probably take some time to get used to. Rear touchpad is nice as well.

I played two games: Little Deviants and Wipeout.

Little Deviants was your standard minigame fare that is basically used to show off the AR functionality. Didn't seem much deeper than that.

Wipeout looked fantastic and controlled really well. The load times, however...atrocious. Absolutely atrocious. I find them inexcusable. You could make a sandwich in the time it takes a race to load.

Overall, I'm happy I have my preorder. Looking forward to the 22nd.

I don't get the people buying the FE bundle and not wanting all the items that comes with it. Is losing anywhere from $25 to $40 worth having it seven days earlier?

So I think I'm going to switch my WiFi pre-order over to the 3G since it'll come with the $55 worth of extras. How difficult will it be to use my phone as a hotspot for it?

Takuan

Are Lord of Apocalypse or Ragnarok Odyssey possibly coming to the US?
I have a feeling the latter will get announced after they patch in online MP in the Japanese version. To me, there's really no point to playing either of these titles without online MP. Ad-hoc is a dinosaur.

spectyre

I have a feeling the latter will get announced after they patch in online MP in the Japanese version. To me, there's really no point to playing either of these titles without online MP. Ad-hoc is a dinosaur.

Hopefully Sony releases an ad-hoc app like they did for PSP. That would make it less dinosaurish(?). Also, hopefully it is sooner rather 5-6 years in to the platforms lifetime.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FINALLY got a chance to play a Vita today at a local Gamestop and then again at the local Best Buy.

The screen is phenomenal and the system is the perfect weight. The right stick placement seems off--will probably take some time to get used to. Rear touchpad is nice as well.

I played two games: Little Deviants and Wipeout.

Little Deviants was your standard minigame fare that is basically used to show off the AR functionality. Didn't seem much deeper than that.

Wipeout looked fantastic and controlled really well. The load times, however...atrocious. Absolutely atrocious. I find them inexcusable. You could make a sandwich in the time it takes a race to load.

Overall, I'm happy I have my preorder. Looking forward to the 22nd.

What's the deal with loadtimes? Seen people complaining about Wipeout and FIFA. Someone said they're better with carts -- anyone know? I presume these store models have carts so that's kinda scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom