• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS1 Appreciation/Collectors Thread of Ugly-Ass Polygons

catmincer

Yeah, I've been looking on Ebay, the Sony ones are a bit more but OTOH, i'd rather not have my saves erased.

Plus, as I'd use a PS2 it's probably less likely have issues

Zing

Banned
I have a spreadsheet of all my games and how many memory blocks they each require. I then arranged them by genre and assigned each to a particular memory card. I currently have eight cards of different colours in use. Not all are full, of course, as I haven't actually played all my games, but I am going to see at least one more before I'm through.

I am strictly using official Sony cards that I bought brand new and sealed. I'm still looking for another red card, so if anyone happens to have a sealed crimson red or slate gray card, let me know.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I have a spreadsheet of all my games and how many memory blocks they each require. I then arranged them by genre and assigned each to a particular memory card. I currently have eight cards of different colours in use. Not all are full, of course, as I haven't actually played all my games, but I am going to see at least one more before I'm through.

I am strictly using official Sony cards that I bought brand new and sealed. I'm still looking for another red card, so if anyone happens to have a sealed crimson red or slate gray card, let me know.

Is this in the price range you're looking for? : http://www.ebay.com/itm/playstation...6?pt=US_Video_Game_Memory&hash=item3ce0d1f594

Not sure what color I wanna get. I'm almost overwhelmed by the sheer amount of choice. Probably not blue, cuz I already have a blue Dualshock 2.

IrishNinja

i had one of those 10 "page" mega memory cards in the day, but it got so wonky if you pulled it out or put it in while the system was on, it'd format. never fuck with 3rd party memory cards!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Worst memory card

0M7zoa6.jpg

I've had a memory card from Performance since I got my first PS1 in 1998. It's never given me a problem. I still use it, even though I wanna switch to a Sony one... cuz it looks really ghetto.

I also had one of those Interact mega memory cards with like 1440 blocks or something stupid like that. I could never get it to give me more than 15 blocks. Oh, and then when I was like an hour from the end of Final Fantasy VII, it erased my save. I destroyed it.

Oh man, fuck that thing. One day I stayed home from school and played Final Fantasy Tactics all day. I had saved after every battle, but the next day all my progress was gone. It was like I hadn't played at all that
day.

Then the next week it said my file was corrupt and I had to format.

Finally got around to finishing Metal Gear Solid yesterday. What an awesome game. I've always thought Snake Eater was the best in the series by a long ways, while I still probably like it more, MGS is pretty close.

Crazy to be reminded how much they changed with the sequels. I had forgotten a ton of stuff over the years. Completely didn't remember that both Naomi and Sniper Wolf knew Big Boss. Wonder if either of them will show up in MGS5.

I've also never really gotten the hate Twin Snakes gets, until now. Fuck Twin Snakes. Outside of all the stupid gymnastics shit (Snake flipping over doors etc.) I think the voice acting is way better in the original, even though most of the actors are the same. I really liked Sniper Wolf's death scene, and then watched the Twin Snakes version. Load of garbage. Having all the wolves come up is dumb, hearing them in the original was enough. And both Otacon and Wolf sound way better in the original. Otacon is just kind of fucking whiny in TS and Wolf sounds more fucked up in the original (in a good way).

Also, Snake is a cold dude:

H84vETA.png

TnK

My first PS1 was the one with the male to male composite cable input. Good days. My model was from the year 97, cause it had this CD with it:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zuRq3d0Kzu4#

Also, I recently bought Vagrant Story for $30. Awesome pick ups as always hero. Having these types of stores must be quite nice in the US.

^

Fuck no.

EDIT: Actually, I guess so. Looks like it goes for $90-100+ all day long on eBay. I swear it was like 50 when I saw it locally. Apparently I should have grabbed it.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Damn it.. now I actually kind of want to own the Lara card ironically.

Zing

Banned
Is this in the price range you're looking for? : http://www.ebay.com/itm/playstation...6?pt=US_Video_Game_Memory&hash=item3ce0d1f594

Not sure what color I wanna get. I'm almost overwhelmed by the sheer amount of choice. Probably not blue, cuz I already have a blue Dualshock 2.
Yes. That seller doesn't ship to Canada, which is why I didn't notice the auction. However, I am questioning the legitimacy of that one. The packaging in his photo just says "red", with the letters spaced out. I have never seen that labelling. None of the memory cards released in 1997/1998 (using the PSone style packaging) were named just after a colour. They all had a fancy name (emerald, island blue, slate gray). Red was called crimson red and was labelled as such. The one in the auction might be a bootleg.

Reading his auction text "new in pack multiple colors available contact me for color choice" is almost a guarantee that he is selling fakes. It is unlikely that he suddenly has multiple colours of legit Sony new and sealed memory cards on hand.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yes. That seller doesn't ship to Canada, which is why I didn't notice the auction. However, I am questioning the legitimacy of that one. The packaging in his photo just says "red", with the letters spaced out. I have never seen that labelling. None of the memory cards released in 1997/1998 (using the PSone style packaging) were named just after a colour. They all had a fancy name (emerald, island blue, slate gray). Red was called crimson red and was labelled as such. The one in the auction might be a bootleg.

Reading his auction text "new in pack multiple colors available contact me for color choice" is almost a guarantee that he is selling fakes. It is unlikely that he suddenly has multiple colours of legit Sony new and sealed memory cards on hand.

Actually, you're right. That last part sounds dubious as fuck.

I'm also realizing that I'm not even sure what real PS1 memory card packaging looks like.

Teknoman

Picked up a good amount of shit today:

I don't know what any of it is other than Dino Crisis 2 (and Sonic Adventures obviously). My friend told me D is worth a bit, so I grabbed it since it was only $13.

I'm trying to decide between Galarians and replaying Silent Hill 1 for the start of the usual Summer Survival Horror. Leaning more towards Galarians since its fresh.

I'm trying to decide between Galarians and replaying Silent Hill 1 for the start of the usual Summer Survival Horror. Leaning more towards Galarians since its fresh.

Huh, it's a survival horror game? I literally know nothing about most of the games I got today, just grabbed a bunch. I assumed it was an RPG.

Hero where you live again? you get all kindsa good stuff locally man

Couple hours south of Chicago. Pretty awesome area. There are three places in town that sell old shit (though only one is usually worth visiting). Three more place withing 30-45 minutes (all worth going to). And a couple more about an hour away (one of which is worth going to).

Zing

Banned
I had read that the second game was significantly different from the first, so I sold off my copy unplayed. Same with Vandal Hearts.

These past few weeks have seen me re-buying a few games I had sold over the past couple years. Jumping Flash and Grandia are some examples.

Top Bottom