• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS1 = CD, PS2 = DVD, PS3 = BR. How will Sony 'WOW' us with PS4?

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
Sony has always done something new and different from the competitors and it always seems to pay of for them in the long run. PS1 had CD and you could play your music on it. PS2 had DVD and that was a #gamechanger. PS3 and BR didn't take off as Sony would have hoped but in the long run, BR seems to be the a great move for Sony.

So what will the PS4 have that will wow us and that will set it apart from the competitors? Is 4k the answer? What else can they use?

magawolaz

0023_4m3p.gif

Blu-ray.

Sandfox

They're going to try and push 4k but I don't see it working out the way they want it to tbqh. Unlike the other formats you can get a Blu Ray player that plays it for quite a bit less than what the PS4 is probably going to cost.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hah, I wasn't wow'd by any of the stuff listed in the thread title. It's just the game format.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
In response to the Wii U discs having rounded edges, PS4 discs will have a triangle edge.

On launch day, fingers will bleed!

Mario007

Unfortunately (thankfully?) the 4K tech is still very young and so there really is no agreed format within the industry on how to deliver 4K content. I think some dual layered BD do it but from what I've heard Kaz wants a new format for it and we'll have to see how the industry reacts.

As such, the PS4 can only really stick to BD. I would assume cloud gaming/video streaming could be huge if done right.

Top Bottom