• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 Hard Drive-Where Can I Get One?

KidOmega

I've been lookin' for a PS2 hard drive, but can't find one. The only thing I could find something was at circuit city, but the case said network adapter. The adapter itself had HDD on the front of it and the unit was black. Is this what I need. The CC rep said it wasn't a hard drive.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
For once the CC employees might be right - the Network Adapter does say HDD on it. I believe it installed on top of the hard drive bay and hence the reason they put HDD on it.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Oh boy...

All you need is a network adapter scrappy. Use any internal PC drive (excluding Western Digital as they d on't fir in the PS2 properly).

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah buy any internal HD and then the network adaptor.

The HDloader and HDadvance both work great and will bring you much joy. GTA:SA was unplayable until I installed it. So much smoother.

You can use any HD including Western Digital if you modify your Network Adapter, apparently.
I think Seagate drives fit without modification, and I'd probably use on eof theirs anyway, if I didn't have the official Sony one. Honestly, the Sony one should be sufficient unless you're planning on pirating a bunch of games, which I don't recommend! The benefit of the Sony one is that you can create a backup save folder on it in the memory card menu and copy all your saves for storage. I'm pretty sure you can't do that with non-Sony drives. I got mine used at EB for like $45 after discounts.

KidOmega

Do I need a network adapter if all I'm interested in is installing the games to get rid of load times? I'm not an online gamer.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
KidOmega said:
Do I need a network adapter if all I'm interested in is installing the games to get rid of load times? I'm not an online gamer.
Yes because the network adaptor connects the Hdd to your PS2.

Does the HDLoader exploit bypass region coding by any chance? I'm one of those fools who bought 2 PS2 (Jp & US) rather than just modding one. I've been thinking about modding one to end the constant back-and-forth, but if this can solve my problems and give me better loads times, then I'm up for it. What exactly do I need for the exploit? Meaning how do I get it on the MC? Hardware? Software? I'll need a online adapter and of course an HDD (maxtor's fine I imagine)?

P.S. Sorry for being a pain and asking all this rather than doing the footwork myself, but hearing from people is much easier and often more informative.

Tain

In order to put a non-US game on the HD, you need to put the HD in your PC and do it through there (with thirdparty software) or slowly send it over the network

Top Bottom