• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

? PS3 and HTML5

Would be awfully nice, especially for HTML5 Youtube. We know the PS3 can play h.264 perfectly well... Switching over to Webkit would be lovely as long as the browser wouldn't take up more memory when games open it up.

the browser hasnt received a lot of updates :/ and wasnt there some talks that sony made a deal with google to include Chrome in their products later on? cant remember...

Aru

Noisepurge said:
the browser hasnt received a lot of updates :/ and wasnt there some talks that sony made a deal with google to include Chrome in their products later on? cant remember...

That'd be quite a lot of work actually. Chrome doesn't run on PPC architecture, AFAIK.
I heard that Firefox would come on PS3, not Chrome.

But this is definitely not happening.

Noshino

Noisepurge said:

The deal with Google was to have Chrome pre-installed on Vaio laptops/notebooks (?) instead of IE, I know the Vaio Z Series does have it pre-installed

Orlics

They better soon. HTML5 is the future. All the video sites are in the process of transitioning from Flash.

yencid

All i know is that facebook is actually useable now compared to a while back which you couldnt even see the updates.:D

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
NetFront 4 was recently released with partial HTML5 support, I don't see why the PSP/PS3 wouldn't be updated eventually.

Aru

Orlics said:
They better soon. HTML5 is the future. All the video sites are in the process of transitioning from Flash.

Games official flash websites should die in a fire though.

Top Bottom