• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 (and PS4) ... Can I connect 2 Headsets at the Same Time?

Liberty4all

Banned
My wife and I both love the Pulse headset I got with TLOU. We've been using them not only for gaming but also for watching TV on Netflix. Our home audio system is getting long in the tooth ... the headsets are just more convenient and provide better audio quality.

I am wondering if there is any way to have two Pulse headsets going at once? I looked online but it's not clear to me if this is possible or not?

peetfeet

I'm sure I read months ago that you can with the PS4, it halves the data going to one set to split it between the two. No idea where I read it or if its correct tho.

Also i have no idea if that only relates to a standard one ear Bluetooth headset or the Pulse headphones too.

Liberty4all

Banned
I'm sure I read months ago that you can with the PS4, it halves the data going to one set to split it between the two. No idea where I read it or if its correct tho.

Also i have no idea if that only relates to a standard one ear Bluetooth headset or the Pulse headphones too.

That would be awesome if it's possible on the PS4. I really have really fallen in love with using the headset for watching Netflix stuff and would love to have 2 so wife and I can both have one on for watching movies.

TimPV3

Worst case scenario, to use 2 Pulse headsets you could have one plugged into the PS3 using the system software, and the aux in port on the other USB dongle for audio instead of the PS3.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
TimPV3 said:
Worst case scenario, to use 2 Pulse headsets you could have one plugged into the PS3 using the system software, and the aux in port on the other USB dongle for audio instead of the PS3.
Unfortunately when Pulse is on with PS3 you lose the other audio out.

I guess what you "could" do is plug the audio-out from TV (or your receiver, if HDMI goes there) into two pulse USB sticks that aren't plugged into the PS3 (any powered USB will do).

Liberty4all

Banned
Unfortunately when Pulse is on with PS3 you lose the other audio out.

I guess what you "could" do is plug the audio-out from TV (or your receiver, if HDMI goes there) into two pulse USB sticks that aren't plugged into the PS3 (any powered USB will do).

I just wish they made it easy to plug in two headsets. It seems like such a simple oversight. There are many couples that would use this feature and buy another headset. I hope the rumour posted above about the PS4 is true because I'll pick up another headset in a flash.

Haven't tried it but I did read that you can use multiple headsets with PS4 at least wired to the controller. No idea about wireless though.

I just wish they made it easy to plug in two headsets. It seems like such a simple oversight. There are many couples that would use this feature and buy another headset. I hope the rumour posted above about the PS4 is true because I'll pick up another headset in a flash.

It would make sense that you could due to you saying who is listening to the pulse headset when you turn it on the first time.

Have you tried asking the question on the blogs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1jK7c73X8M

Top Bottom