• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

atomsk

Party Pooper
80 gig PS3 (still has BC). unplugged ethernet, and turned on.

date was reset

all trophies seem to be intact (i really don't use it that much)

booted up Critter Crunch and it thought it was a demo >_<

lljride said:
San Antonio, TX, currently logged on PSN and posting on my 60gb phat. Haven't signed off PSN in a while but I just received an error while syncing trophies (all are still there though, including HR).

Kinda nervous about turning it off. Does anyone think setting the clock back a week may help until Sony fixes whatever's wrong? Don't know if I'm just lucky so far or totally in the clear if nothing's happened yet.

Do you by chance have a refurb?

OverHeat said:
Just imagine how much that would cost them if the problem is not fixable with a firmware update.

Not to mention the fact that I can't find a slim to save my fucking life right now, and the turnaround time for getting a replacement from sony probably wouldn't be very snappy. I hope they sort this shit out.

Diagol

Just as a heads-up here: I downloaded a dynamic theme (the LBP one when it first came out). It automatically switched back to the default theme and now the LBP one won't load (now it's saying Corrupted Data on the themes page for it.)

Just tried playing Critter Crunch and it's not recognizing that I purchased the game. It's telling me to buy the full game in the menu.

60 GB launch unit from Canada here. Date is reading 31/12 and time at 4:43 PM (it's 7:13 here right now). Also can't sign into PSN.

I read from TTP that it's a leap year calendar issue, but I just wanted to post what's happening with mine as well.

Hopefully they fix this issue QUICKLY.

iammeiam

nyong said:
I'm not super-tech savvy, but isn't it a good possibility that once the calendar date changes, all will be well? Well, all will be well for those who have not turned on their systems today....

Depends I think on the specific bug--people manually fixing the date after it resets are still being affected; a system sitting in-box and skipping 2-29/3-1 might actually be perfectly okay, but I think it depends on how the PS3 'counts'. Some computers used to handle date/time by calculating the number of seconds since a given date (they wouldn't track 3/1/2010, they'd track an offset of XXXXXXX seconds since 12/31/1999, or something). Absolutely no idea if the PS3 does that or not, but if it does it seems like all 3-1 and beyond calculations would be screwed.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
son_i_am_disappoint.jpg

Wowbagger

PSN working: no
PS3: 80 GB fat, no-BC, bought autumn 2008

I set date manually after it got set to 2000-01-01 and turned the console off. When I turned it back on half an hour later, date was ok but timed had not updated. Doesn't the PS3 have a battery to keep time updated?

Man, I was about to go to bed... this is gonna give me nightmares. :/

V_Ben

Banned
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
That tweet sounds so rude too... "and yes, we're looking into it." They could have just said "we're looking into it."

What an ass tweet.

sounds like they had to come in to the office on a sunday.

Hag

Anyone got save problems? I almost shit my pants lookin my saves but it seems they're all fine for now.

RedSwirl

Sony wouldn't just not let you play your singleplayer games like Heavy Rain offline. That would be as bad as Ubisoft's new DRM.

Remember that still only around half of PS3 owners have ever connected their systems to the Internet.

squall211

Cruzader said:
Hey I have a question. Does the whole trophy set get deleted(missing from Trophy Game List) or does it still show the trophy set but sets it to 0%??? If it deletes everything, Ill boot up PAIN!!

In my case White Knight Chronicles doesn't even show up in the trophy list.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Heh, I knew something was up. I jumped on GAF and, yep, same problem.

How strange. Was working fine this morning but is now completely screwed up.

So it doesn't affect slims, huh?

wonkyaddict

Neo Member
Now I'm afraid to turn on my slim, even though you guys claim it probably won't be affected. Sucks, I just brought home Bioshock 2. I wonder if we'll get a free PSN title out of this, like that time XBL shit the bed over xmas.

Razor210

Of all the lame things to happen.. but here is a work around...
go into the system settings and tell it to DISABLE your internet connection. Set the date to 3/1/2010, reboot your system. Everything will work fine, 100%, but you just won't have internet access, but can still play your games

If you read farther into the thread, it doesn't work.

Smo21

So i unplugged my Ethernet cable before i turned my ps3 on(hasnt been on all day) and when i went to play Heavy Rain it gave me the error

OverHeat said:
Just imagine how much that would cost them if the problem is not fixable with a firmware update.

If it's not fixable with a firmware update, this will make RRoD look like a minor financial glitch.

Though, it is very hard for me to image how this could not be, at worst, fixable with a firmware update. I mean, firmware updates still work; the worst possible scenario is that the OS is buggy (and firmware can override that); and there isn't really any possibility server-side data have been lost or corrupted.

AAK

I can't imagine what Sony are going through right now. After building all this momentum, only for them to just plummet at this moment.

Im confused, is my PS3 somehow exempt from all problems except th syncing trophies? Its a 40GB model, in VA, and Im still playing UC2 right now.

My calendar is still listing todays date though whatever time is now adjusted for DST since I never touch that stuff

Fuck, what a mess this became :lol

I expected this to be another anecdotal "I can't access PSN/XBL/Steam" threads, but wow, something is seriously wrong. Fix this shit Guerilla!

expy

Banned
OverHeat said:
Should be simple to fix, I bet some programmer screwed up the leap-year code.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
AAK said:
I can't imagine what Sony are going through right now. After building all this momentum, only for them to just plummet at this moment.

I wouldn't sweat it.

Razor210

Red Scarlet said:
Costanza msg'd me for a thread title update..hope you guys don't lose all your stuff. :(
Is it possible to update the OP?

I doubt people will read far enough in order to know how screwed up it is.

squall211

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
And here I thought I was safe from the "launch console" curse. Never had a single problem with my PS3.

Same here! Mine is 4 days shy of being 3 years old. Outside of the occasional freezes/lockups, my ps3 has worked flawlessly until now.

On a related note, Sony unintentionally bricking my PS3 is probably the only thing that would get me to buy FFXIII for the 360. One way or another, I'm playing that fucking game on March 9. :lol

Irnbru

I knew this was something bad when I saw the page count jump. Fuck! I'm glad I didn't turn on my phat, but ugh. I hope this is fixable :(

AAK said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. They may be able to restore stuff soon.

Top Bottom