• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

Pantz

My Phat 60gb hasn't connected to PSN for about 3 weeks and been unplugged since and still got the error. So unplugging wont save you.

Lince

Banned
leap year bug, just in "time" for Final Fantasy XIII and God of War III. Bravo, if this shit isn't fixed soon is there a chance for such games to be delayed? should be epic.

iammeiam

PS3 Slim supply to be "tight" in the near future...

...because Sony is having to mail Slims to like 90% of phat owners. (Seriously, hoping firmware, but this is pretty epic so.)

DMPrince said:
it must be affecting ps3 with ps2 BC? i should have said i have 80GB with no ps2 BC ;P

Not quite--couple of people with 40GB systems have been affected, and I can't think of any 40GB that ever had BC.

RedSwirl said:
Sony wouldn't just not let you play your singleplayer games like Heavy Rain offline. That would be as bad as Ubisoft's new DRM.

Remember that still only around half of PS3 owners have ever connected their systems to the Internet.
I don't think anyone saying that. Something else is clearly going on.

Oneself

Logged in to NeoGAF to ask WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING because I wanna fucking play Heavy Rain and it won't fucking start because of the fucking retarded Trophies, which is, in my opinion, the worst fucking idea ever along with achievements. It's so fucking useless I can't believe I can't play my motherfucking games OFFLINE because of this shit.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Good thing it happened today..would of been so angry if this happened on Tuesday when MLB the show came out

gibration

Lince said:
leap year bug, just in "time" for Final Fantasy XIII and God of War III. Bravo, if this shit isn't fixed soon is there a chance for such games to be delayed? should be epic.
Think about Bad Company 2. The game releases tuesday! Sony better fix this shit soon if they want to compete against Microsoft.

I've been wanting to buy a slim for a long time now and can't find one, this sucks, I'd buy one right now if I could find one. If only to get my MAG fix for tonight :p

All I have to say is thank Christ I finished Demons Souls before this clusterfuck. This should serve as an early warning to everyone who gets a boner for the DD future.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
DMPrince is right- my PS3 80GB with no PS2 BC works fine. No calendar bug, signed into PSN.

So it seems all PS3s w/o BC are safe?

AAK

Oneself said:
Logged in to NeoGAF to ask WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING because I wanna fucking play Heavy Rain and it won't fucking start because of the fucking retarded Trophies, which is, in my opinion, the worst fucking idea ever along with achievements. It's so fucking useless I can't believe I can't play my motherfucking games OFFLINE because of this shit.

It's not because of trophies, it's a bug in the OS.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Can we narrow it down to a time it went out? I wonder if it went out with a time set to some international time line.

Barrett2

SteveO409 said:
Good thing it happened today..would of been so angry if this happened on Tuesday when MLB the show came out

Oh my god, I almost forgot I am buying The Show this week. :lol

FIX THIS SHIT, PSN MONKEY!!!!

Zapages

RedNumberFive said:
All I have to say is thank Christ I finished Demons Souls before this clusterfuck. This should serve as an early warning to everyone who gets a boner for the DD future.

So true... I wanted to play some SSF2THDRemix and SFIV... :(

Prezhulio

hmmm looks like i better read through this thread to find out what's going on since psn has been f-ed up for about 6 hours with my 60gb phat w/ps2 bc....

Razor210

Oneself said:
Seems to be an unavoidable date/time problem.

I think Sony's more worried about the supposed 50% of PS3 owners who have never connected their consoles to the internet who may be the proud owners of bricks right now.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Y2Kev said:
Can we narrow it down to a time it went out? I wonder if it went out with a time set to some international time line.
I had my PS3 (40GB) on until about 6:30 EST and noticed nothing out of the ordinary. (Not turning it back on now, of course.)

noah111

Still Alive
TTP said:
Yeah. 3 hours ago I clicked on this thread thinking "here we go again with someone panicking for some PSN maintenance".

Instead I got this :lol
Pretty much, except I got off my friends fat and headed to gaf to see what the issue was.. So this is due to something hardware wise having to due with PS2 BC then eh? Damn..

Wait so let me get this straight. Every single non-Slim PS3 in the world has just completely locked down, and won't let any user play games, of any sort.

This is insane.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I just backed up all my savedata like 15min before this happened :D
Still sucks though. I was playing borderlands offline, then quit for a minute and when I tried to load my data it said it couldn't detect my dlc. I panicked and deleted the game install data, then after re-installing, when I try to re-download my dlc I find out about what's going on...

...here's hoping they have this fixed early tomorrow morning...

edit: I'm on a 40gb phat w/ 250gb hdd

Animator

We only have us to blame, should have learned from 360 owners and always kept a backup slim in the storage for days like this. :lol

skip

Blu_LED said:
Wait so let me get this straight. Every single non-Slim PS3 in the world has just completely locked down, and won't let any user play games, of any sort.

This is insane.

only games associated with trophies, it would seem.

LCfiner

damn, should I run down and buy a slim immediately? :lol

:(

I was playing a DVD earlier today. I really hope I don’t lose any game progress when I check those out later this week. I really want to get through Heavy Rain this week.

AntMurda

Wow. I am really going to be angry if my Heavy Rain trophies don't reappear. I even checked the US Playstation site and my Heavy Rain trophies aren't there, even though some published on Facebook from Friday.

slider

OP, can you edit... OP to update us folks who've been watching South Pacific on blu-ray please? From my quick glance at this page... phats with BC are having probs signing in and it could/does effect trophies and game saves?

Yikes...

EDIT: Read some more. Double yikes...

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Blu_LED said:

This is insane.
My non-slim works fine.

This is really, really, really weird.

Blu_LED said:

This is insane.

My friends' 80gb fat can get online fine, but my launch 60gb can not. I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if other non-slims are working ok.

edit: just read up a few posts... seems like some other fats are working. weird.

Costanza

Banned
slider said:
OP, can you edit... OP to update us folks who've been watching South Pacific on blu-ray please? From my quick glance at this page... phats with BC are having probs signing in and it could/does effect trophies and game saves?

Yikes...
And downloaded games/DLC licenses. And games with trophies won't even boot. Total clusterfuck.

Oneself

AAK said:
It's not because of trophies, it's a bug in the OS.

Oh, well, everything is fine then. :lol

No seriously, what a clusterfuck. It's clearly the worst in the history of ever. I had like 3 hours to play games this week and it was right now.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
skip said:
only games associated with trophies, it would seem.
It can't be. I just played Ratchet for two hours with no issues. The only game that won't work seems to be Heavy Rain.

Top Bottom