• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

So let me get this straight... I've just lost my Heavy Rain trophies that I spent all day getting? (I hadn't synced my PS3 since getting them)

cory

Banned
CrushDance said:
My heart skipped a beat.

But if this is truly a calendar bug and prevents PS3's from connecting to PSN for updates, won't Sony will be royally f****d then? I mean if the firmware can only be given server side...
PS3's only need to connect to the interent to update, not PSN

dolemite

Blu_LED said:
Someone who is on right now, check if the system will allow you to try upgrade the firmware. This is probably going to be very important.
I did and it says "system up to data, blah blah...."

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Red Scarlet said:
Costanza msg'd me for a thread title update..hope you guys don't lose all your stuff. :(

I did. I noticed this on my PS3 pretty early on, and a google search of "8001050F ps3 error" returned a whole lot of older posts (year +) on the same error message, and the only suggestions to fix the problem short of sending your console involved reformatting your HD. ><

So... yeah. Then I notice this thread as well as the thread on the official board, and all I can say to myself is "mre, you dumb fuck." :(

RedSwirl

I honestly hope this scares Ubisoft into reconsidering their new PC DRM.

Also, how would this problem boot you out of a Blu-Ray or DVD? The PS3 logs you off of PSN while doing either.

Razor210

TTP said:
was reading about the similar issue MS had with Zune last year and noticed this:

I wonder if removing the clock battery while the systems is unplugged as well could fix this.

I think it's just a random clock fuckup.

6:30 EST time on Feb 28 isn't anything special. It's not even a leap year.

Red Scarlet

Lots of title changes without confirmation will just cause a panic. I think the current title is good enough if folks start reading the thread/that link in the OP now.

Psychotext said:
So let me get this straight... I've just lost my Heavy Rain trophies that I spent all day getting? (I hadn't synced my PS3 since getting them)
I guess they could be restored theoretically; it's too early to say for sure what the final damage will be.

legend166

Why do people keep calling this a leap year bug?

It's not a leap year.

If it had to do with Feb 28th, wouldn't it have happened last year?

this is crazy. mi was watching a movie and then when I go back to psn I get logged out and the date is 12 31. Games aren't launching, and I was able to launch Eden but it says it's a demo.

one weird thing is I was still downloading a demo and it actually continued and finished downloading, but psn still down. Pretty odd. Hope they can fix this.

Prezhulio

i'm not really able to get a clear handle on what happened, so someone respond if they feel like it....i turned off my 60gb phat ps3 after not being able to play uc2 online earlier, and doesn't sound like i want to turn it on again until this is sorted out...but i've heard some data is getting corrupted/deleted because of this? like SAVE data?

noah111

Still Alive
shagg_187 said:
"get flash and/or enable javascript and stop wasting my time."

What. The. Fuck??? Looks like a message from one frustrated programmer to his manager/boss! :lol
Dude, i posted this a dozen pages ago and nobody noticed. :lol (page 9, lol)

lljride

Terrordactyl said:
Do you by chance have a refurb?

Not to mention the fact that I can't find a slim to save my fucking life right now, and the turnaround time for getting a replacement from sony probably wouldn't be very snappy. I hope they sort this shit out.

Actually yeah, it probably is refurbed now that I think about it, my original one ylod'd, got this one last Sept from Sony.

Still no problems yet other than syncing trophies, still logged on and posting on 60gb phat. Set the date manually back to 2/23, fingers fucking crossed.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TheLegendary said:
Since this is not PSN related but an OS issue, how about those people without an internet connected PS3? They would be affected by this as well, but they won't have access to an immediate firmware update through the internet to fix it meaning they could be days/weeks/months/etc without a functiong PS3. Can the PS3 be updated through a memory stick or other means of downloading?

Regardless this is going to be a severe issue.

yep. You can download the firmware from the website and move it over the PS3 via pendrive or whatever.

Neiteio

So... I haven't touched my 80GB PS3 today. Am I better leaving it off until this resolves itself?

I'm addicted to Heavy Rain and want to play, but it sounds like the robot apocalypse has begun.

Razor210

Spike Spiegel said:
So I take it that it's best just to leave your PS3 off until this problem is resolved?
Yes.

A thousand times yes.

I'd turn off the the power as well. I don't trust anything at this point.

Red Scarlet said:
Lots of title changes without confirmation will just cause a panic. I think the current title is good enough if folks start reading the thread/that link in the OP now.

Thread title is perfect. Just add "DO NOT TURN ON YOUR PS3 UNTIL THEY FIX IT!" to the OP :p

My PS3 is working fine and I played it quite a bit today. Is there anything I need to avoid doing, or does the problem happen automatically?

Flunkie

Banned
Jerkapotamus said:
I'm glad I had episode 2 of The Tester already downloading. I'll just keep watching that until all this blows over.
:( *sniff* I wish I could download episode 2 of The Tester.

iceatcs

Hmm, I don't want to think it is all George Hotz fault.

I mean it's seem problem with old fat PS3, which it is only hacked SKU.

NeoUltima

nyong said:
I'm not super-tech savvy, but isn't it a good possibility that once the calendar date changes, all will be well? Well, all will be well for those who have not turned on their systems today....
That's possible actually. I think. Hopefully.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Red Scarlet said:
I don't know anything about what's going on, just that he asked for a title update and what it should be, as well as some of the problems. He asked me to add this link to the op:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/28/psn-is-down-some-titles-experiencing-game-crashing-errors/
Hasn't been confirmed if it's a calendar bug yet but it seems the most likely. Thread title raises awareness though and is the most important thing.

I guess when Sony speaks up it can be changed to something more fitting

Red Scarlet said:
Yeah that

TTP said:
yep. You can download the firmware from the website and move it over the PS3 via pendrive or whatever.
If this ends up being the fix a lot of people are still going to be without PS3. For me though, I hope it's that easy.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
RedSwirl said:
Remember that still only around half of PS3 owners have ever connected their systems to the Internet.

if this doesn't fix itself tomorrow, wow...bad things.

squall211

I think who ever the person/people are that are responsible for this should be punished by being fired, then immediately be forced to compete on "The Tester".

Razor210

Red Scarlet said:
To be fair, we're already in a panic.

Top Bottom