• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

Spike Spiegel said:
So I take it that it's best just to leave your PS3 off until this problem is resolved?

I hope so. All this is going down while I'm at work, I guess I'll be giving the PS3 a miss tonight.

Hag

Only game working for me is SF IV with network settings on disable. BlazBlue and WKC ragequit because of the trophies. I turned off my Ps3 before I see more massive damage. Don't fuck with my saves, Sony.

epmode

I don't see how leaving your console off is going to help. I mean, you're going to turn it on eventually and the bug takes affect instantly, even if you're not connected to the internet.

Maybe if you could somehow roll back the system clock before turning it on..

slider

Fuck. I'm expecting lots of games to turn up this week too. Fuck.

Although I'd expect a "fix" to arrive sooner rather than later. Yep, I'm that naive.

Erdrick

60gig launch model owner here, in Canada.

Hmm... I just assumed originally that some PSN maintenance was going on since sometimes I get signed out or whatever.

I then tried to play Heavy Rain and it wont let me since it wont synch trophy data. My Heavy Rain trophy data is also gone from my trophy list. My date was also reset to 12/31/99. I usually set the time via internet but it's not able to. I then just did it manually, but it's not like that did anything.

I'm assuming whenever Sony fixes this via patch or whatever, things will get back to normal. As it is, I was kind of looking forward to some more HR tonight, but I guess that's out of the question. (The fact that I cannot play an offline, single-player, disc-based game at the moment is bothering me somewhat...)

Ah well, I'll just play some more Miles Edgeworth on my DS instead until this is all sorted out.

expy

Banned
Honestly, I wouldn't sweat it. It's definitely an OS-clock issue, or in the validation of date/time. Firmware updates can still be done, either through software update or through a USB/pen drive. Trophies are server side, so those aren't a big deal neither (unless you didn't synch) but I doubt they're permanently affected.

nyong

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
Lots of title changes without confirmation will just cause a panic. I think the current title is good enough if folks start reading the thread/that link in the OP now.
If there was ever a justifiable panic this is probably it. Sony might well be able to fix this by tomorrow morning, but meanwhile people's systems are pretty much guaranteed to fail - in most instances - for the foreseeable future. There's no telling if save data, local trophies, etc are gone forever either.

If you have a phat PS3, it's absolutely in your best interest not to turn the system on. It may save many people a huge headache knowing this.

ZeroRay

Played MW2 for 30 minutes, stopped at around 5:10.

I was about to jump back in but this thread prompted me not to. :lol

I demand reconciliation from Sony when this is over!

legend166

Seriously this makes absolutely no sense.

It's not effecting Slims, so it can't be a firmware issue, otherwise it would be stuffing up everything. It must have been present in the system from the start.

It's not a leap year issue since it's not a leap year. If it has something to do with February 28th, wouldn't it have happened last year?

Synless

It says in that joystiq article that playing Heavy Rain will just kick you back into the XMB with this error. I played the game just fine from 5-7pm today without being kicked out. I can't sync my trophies though, which sucks, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Cronox

Banned
Meh, someone tripped over a cord somewhere and crashed something. It happens, I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

UFRA

squall211 said:
I think who ever the person/people are that are responsible for this should be punished by being fired, then immediately be forced to compete on "The Tester".

:lol

Razor210

Synless said:
It says in that joystiq article that playing Heavy Rain will just kick you back into the XMB with this error. I played the game just fine from 5-7pm today without being kicked out. I can't sync my trophies though, which sucks, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.
Which SKU do you have?

Maybe it's because you were in game when the bug started.

iceatcs

legend166 said:

It's not effecting Slims, so it can't be a firmware issue, otherwise it would be stuffing up everything. It must have been present in the system from the start.

It's not a leap year issue since it's not a leap year. If it has something to do with February 28th, wouldn't it have happened last year?
I dunno, but one of my brainmind said it is George Hotz.

expy

Banned
legend166 said:

The firmware doesn't use the same code/runtime for phats and slims since the hardware is different. It is a firmware issue.

So I was finally able to check my trophies on the web.

MOST games' trophies are in the PS3 and on the web.
Heavy Rain is not on PS3 or on the web (FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU).
God of War I and II are on the PS3 but not on the web.

Yeesh.

I am speechless.

Answer me this, say someone was playing a game earlier and unlocked a bunch of trophies, but this person never synced them. Now this issue hits and those trophies don't show up on the console, are the trophies that never got synced to the server gone?

Josh7289

So all those people who never updated their PS3's firmware in hopes of eventual homebrew will probably now have to update if they ever plan to connect to PSN...

It was all a plan by Sony, in light of that guy hacking the PS3 recently. :lol

K' Dash

Great I just got Heavy Rain... WTF Sony?!

GAF, your recomendations? should I leave the Phat alone until there's a fix?

DMasta718

Banned
shagg_187 said:
YES! They better fix it before Bad Company 2 releases. I'm going to rip some shit apart if it doesn't! :/

Seriously. Hopefully it'll will be fixed by tomorrow or earlier. If it's still fucked up by the time BFBC2 arrives...

Lince

Banned
Flunkie said:
"get flash and/or enable javascript and stop wasting my time"

what?! :lol

well it all makes sense to me, something was inside our old models waiting to take advantage of some OS/Hardware exploit

it's a time-related bug (leap year), stop wasting my time -> "stop working PS3s"
get flash -> get flash firmware update
enable javascript -> enable java tojan code corrupting old models on 1/3/2010 0:00 GMT.

lol?

Top Bottom