• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

Angelcurio

Gold Member
Thank God the system fixed itself, imagine the consequences of a major recall of a console that still doesn't make money on the hardware. Lets hope for some kind of free game to keep the community happy.

Angelcurio said:
Thank God the system fixed itself, imagine the consequences of a major recall of a console that still doesn't make money on the hardware. Lets hope for some kind of free game to keep the community happy.
Ya, Sony really got lucky. This could have been a huge catastrophe for them if things didn't go back to normal.

Angelcurio said:

A recall would have basically been about 30 million units and would have probably killed the PlayStation as we know it.

Shuusui said:
Serious question.

Did any of the downloadable movies/anime/tv shows become affected by this error? Like rentals expiring, for example. The sooner someone can answer this, the better.
I've had problems with not being able to access shit I bought on the video store before and Sony was absolutely no help at all. If it expired you likely won't get anything from them in compensation.

AstroMan said:
On the real, Sony should release an update that'll prevent this issue from happening again.
I'm sure they will in a future firmware update and I'm sure it'll be all ninja-like.

Not "fixes the clock problem that GAF figured out in 3.2 seconds," no, it'll be something like "improves the performance of the system clock."

Should be an easy fix, too; just a little if/then/else.

bulovski

Neo Member
Switched on - check. Logged into PSN - check. Trophy sync operation - wait for it - check. Yup - things are back to normal.

What a thread... I'm glad it didn't require firmware update or all the "OMG SONY NEEDS MASS RECALL NOW FOR NON-INTERNET FOLKS!!" would've chewed this thread out. We also prevented 500 error from taking place! :lol

Roland

While I am glad that we made it through the ApocalyPS3, what about the lawsuits and compensation? My Sunday night and Monday morning for Heavy Rain was ruined! We should get free Heavy Rain Chronicles DLC for putting up with this crap.

LowParry

Roland said:
While I am glad that we made it through the ApocalyPS3, what about the lawsuits and compensation? My Sunday night and Monday morning for Heavy Rain was ruined! We should get free Heavy Rain Chronicles DLC for putting up with this crap.

Why not be glad you have a working PS3 again?

Roland said:

umm yeah, pretty sure the user terms you agreed to when you created your account cover them in times like this

:lol

Azerach

Banned
Roland said:

Sony rep:

You will get one (1) free month of PSN to compensate for this mess, sorry for the inconvenience :)

Dogenzaka

Banned
My 60GB PS3 couldn't connect yesterday to the PSN.
I still played God of War Collection regardless.
And today it works again.

So once again, no biggie.

It's fucking amazing how big of a deal Kotaku made this.

"CONSOLES ARE FAILING ALL AT ONCE DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR??"

Like 4 posts about the niggling issue and it's like PS3 owners around the world had their balls clenched in Kratos' fist for 24 hours.

Replicant

Roland said:

It seems Japan PSN is offering free Marvel vs Capcom 2 (don't take my word for it though).

Baha

Replicant said:
It seems Japan PSN is offering free Marvel vs Capcom 2 (don't take my word for it though).

Via CSR or some kind of form you have to fill out? Details man, details!

Roland

Replicant said:
If I didn't already buy this, I would log into my JP account for the first time in a couple years.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Baha said:
Via CSR or some kind of form you have to fill out? Details man, details!

just log in to the jp store. It's called "Marvel VS Capcom: New Age of Heroes"
downloading it now

Mystagogue said:
Holy shit...I've been sleeping on and off since yesterday morning (got the flu). WTF HAPPENED?????

You just slept through the 2010 Olympics, the Obama inauguration, Michael Phelps, the housing boom, the Iraq war, 9/11, and Y2k all at once.

...or....PS3sallacrosstheworldcouldn'tlogontodaybecauseofadateglitchbutnowit'sfixedgobacktosleep...

Baha

typo said:
I think the JPN store offering MVC2 is true. I searched for Marvel, found MVC2, and am now downloading a 200MB file (looks like the game).

Thanks for the heads up, downloading it myself atm.

Replicant said:

I'm running it right now. It's all japanese. Not sure if it's the full version because some parts of the main menu are grayed out.

Shuusui said:
Serious question.

Did any of the downloadable movies/anime/tv shows become affected by this error? Like rentals expiring, for example. The sooner someone can answer this, the better.

I think technically you would lose a day on anything set to expire, assuming you purchased it before all of this. Otherwise there's no impact going forward.

never forget teh GMT.

doubtingthomas4.jpg

DeadGzuz

Banned
AstroMan said:
Am I a clown for grossly exasperating the issue and trying to instill paranoia in those with old PlayStation 3's? Maybe, but it sure was funny seeing personal friends and twitter homies cry foul and proclaim that they're giving up the PS3 for good.

On the real, Sony should release an update that'll prevent this issue from happening again.

Yes, yes you are a clown.

Chromax

Knew everything would be fine, lol at all the "PS3 as bad as RROD articles". Seems like none of you play WoW, this happens almost every patch day! :lol (last time was only a few weeks ago)

Mandoric

Banned
typo said:
I think the JPN store offering MVC2 is true. I searched for Marvel, found MVC2, and am now downloading a 200MB file (looks like the game).

The word afther the title means "demo", it's being advertised because it's discounted from \1500 to \1000.

Mystagogue said:
Holy shit...I've been sleeping on and off since yesterday morning (got the flu). WTF HAPPENED?????

Due to an internal clock issue, the PS3 was sent back in time to 1999 for exactly one day. During that day it successfully killed the Dreamcast, guaranteeing the success of the Playstation 2 and ensuring it's own existence.

Top Bottom