• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 launch event in France: guess which troll is banned until the first price drop

snoopers said:
OMG @ thread :lol

Just returned from the party, it was terrible. 1 person in line at the Fnac Champs-Elysées. Below the tower effeil, at the boat event thing, they merely sold 100 consoles out of the 1000 they had. ONE HUNDRED ! If this is not a failure, I don't know how to call it. Sony, this is bad.

ps: and the Xboat part was just awesome. I was on the roof of the Playstation boat when it showed up, and everybody went crazy, laughing and yelling props to MS. Needless to say, Sony execs were not amused...

I still don't understand how a shop in rinky dinky, pirate-happy Sweden could sell over 2x that amount, 7x if you count pre-orders.

Pistolero

I think we're witnessing the fall of a giant. The cycle of no more than two exclusive wins is tenacious apparently. I really feel sorry for Sony though, as I do want competition in the field (with all respect to Microsoft fans, once it's all alone...well, it'll be all alone until a meteorite hits us !) to drive market dynamics. See you for the fourth iteration...

Or not ! :D Ok that was low...

Master Z

_leech_ said:
We don't even know what the sales are, jeeze.

True, but it's not looking good right now. I just want them to shave $100 off the price by November so I can get an extra game when I pick it up.

Ranger X

03220701dn8.jpg

"Chad aint giv a shi'

jax (old)

Banned
meltpotato said:
so they can sink deeper into the red? uh.. no thanks. be a lot better if people buy them up and lower the price organicly.

are you a consumer or a sony shrill? why would you care about their bottom line? They make money off games anyhow ... games + bluray.. NO PS3 SOLD = no games + bluray sold = no money = low developer support.

belvedere

Junior Butler
This entire thread has just been debunked.

Check out GS's impressions of the PS3's demand at various locations in EU.

You poor bastards :lol

schuelma said:
Don't worry Sony fans, according to Sony Europe, 360 and Wii are current gen, and ps3 is NEXT gen. :lol

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23723

yikes.. somebody had a tough day

Jax said:
are you a consumer or a sony shrill? why would you care about their bottom line? They make money off games anyhow ... games + bluray.. NO PS3 SOLD = no games + bluray sold = no money = low developer support.

woah im a Sony shill now? :lol

i just care about the health of the industry and competition driving creativity

Dani said:
Is it wrong to actually enjoy this?

Maybe it'd make sense to enjoy this if the competition offered systems that were at least equal to the PS3 in hardware quality and/or power. But that's not the case. First you have Microsoft who pushes a system that is very nearly suicidal, and then you have a console that is basically last-gen power with waggle motion. Yet Sony is the company that needs to be humbled? **** this.

mintylurb

snoopers said:
OMG @ thread :lol

Just returned from the party, it was terrible. 1 person in line at the Fnac Champs-Elysées. Below the tower effeil, at the boat event thing, they merely sold 100 consoles out of the 1000 they had. ONE HUNDRED ! If this is not a failure, I don't know how to call it. Sony, this is bad.

Yup, ff13 multiplatform confirmed. Sony am doomed.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
:lol This thread has been fun. Complete retardation but fun. Euro Demand has been crazy. The CEO Of my investment bank had a meeting today in london which was broadcasted to us in NY and even he was like "Alright guys, go kick some ass, and you better come to work tomorrow even after getting your PS3s"

So how many 360 units sold so far in Euroland? 2-3 Mil?

Ranger X said:
:lol at the thread title change

"PS3 launch event in France : Sony is dans la merde! ... pas pour vrai ;) "

No, more about something like "Lancement français de la PS3 : It is le merde"

Lefty42o

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
Maybe it'd make sense to enjoy this if the competition offered systems that were at least equal to the PS3 in hardware quality and/or power. But that's not the case. First you have Microsoft who pushes a system that is very nearly suicidal, and then you have a console that is basically last-gen power with waggle motion. Yet Sony is the company that needs to be humbled? **** this.

lol last gen the xbox had the most power correct?

and yet the ps2 was the betetr system cause of the games correct?

so why does the specs matter now all of a sudden?

i just don't understand this at all. maybe i am mistaken.

Lefty

Lefty42o said:
lol last gen the xbox had the most power correct?

and yet the ps2 was the betetr system cause of the games correct?

so why does the specs matter now all of a sudden?

i just don't understand this at all. maybe i am mistaken.

Lefty

Specs? I'm talking about the actual build quality of the hardware.

snoopers

I am multitalented
TheProfessor said:
Euro Demand has been crazy. The CEO Of my investment bank had a meeting today in london which was broadcasted to us in NY and even he was like "Alright guys, go kick some ass, and you better come to work tomorrow even after getting your PS3s"

Wow, I'm totally convinced now.

Ranger X

Pipomantis said:
No, more about something like "Lancement français de la PS3 : It is le merde"

Dire que l'on manque cette occasion en or de poster en francais sur GAF et biensur l'assimiler. :D

_Angelus_

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:

Jason_Voorhees2.jpg

TheProfessor said:
:lol This thread has been fun. Complete retardation but fun. Euro Demand has been crazy. The CEO Of my investment bank had a meeting today in london which was broadcasted to us in NY and even he was like "Alright guys, go kick some ass, and you better come to work tomorrow even after getting your PS3s"

and just like that i believe again

Lefty42o

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:

1. you did say power in your post did you not
2. lets not talk cause i had 2 ps2's break on me in the first year i had them. and my personal 360 has had no issues.

but i guess i should dissregard what you say casue you will say i didn't say that. right

I was wondering if the negative press and dismal sales of the PS3 in the USA & Japan would harm the European launch . . . apparently the answer was a big "YES!"

Damn . . . Sony is in trouble . . . momentum is not easy to change.

ijm72

AltogetherAndrews said:
Specs? I'm talking about the actual build quality of the hardware.
Well in that case didnt the original PS2 have some shitty hardware? I dont remember remember the original xbox having that many hardware problems. So going by your previous post then I guess xbox was the best system because it had the most power and the better hardware quality.

Top Bottom