• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 - Regional User Faces... :)

Is anybody's PS3 not recognizing the .PNG files via Windows Media Connect? Mine can't recognize .gifs either, and I lose the alpha channel if I convert them to JPEGs, which my PS3 does recognize. Tips?

el Diablo

Banned
Got a set basically finished except i have no clue what to do with Australia (JP is easy just need a red dot :lol). The randomness of the stars (size and location) combined with the shape of the Playstation logo is giving my a headache. Here's something quick i was messing with, it sucks i know, any suggestions? Not even sure the best way to turn it since i'm not sure how relevant everything on there is heh.

i6kygm.jpg

I really like that look. Got a .PSD of it?

el Diablo said:
Got a set basically finished except i have no clue what to do with Australia (JP is easy just need a red dot :lol). The randomness of the stars (size and location) combined with the shape of the Playstation logo is giving my a headache. Here's something quick i was messing with, it sucks i know, any suggestions? Not even sure the best way to turn it since i'm not sure how relevant everything on there is heh.

i6kygm.jpg

el Diablo

Banned
-xBerserker- said:
I really like that look. Got a .PSD of it?

I do, still tweaking it though so i haven't uploaded it anywhere. Not sure how exactly McBacon went about making his template but mine is overly complicated atm since i'm really really rusty with Photoshop heh. I'll get it simplified sometime in the near future and post up some kind of template, shouldn't be too long since the hardest part was figuring out how to get the .pngs to display cleanly (no edges against a dark or light background) and creating a custom shape of the PS logo.

Anyways, here's what i came up with for the 5 main regions, lemme know what you think. I'm also open to whipping up a few in my spare time till i can get a template posted. If you have an idea of how you want it to look i can try (if it's something different like what i did with the US and AU flags), i'm not promising anything though heh. One favor, if you want one from me please say you want a PS one or address me. Don't want to waste time making one that wasn't wanted :lol.

Ok these are displaying cleanly just save them.

2roq234.png
nywlzt.png

331etck.png
1zx2rti.png

255475v.png

CSSer

el Diablo said:
Anyways, here's what i came up with for the 5 main regions, lemme know what you think. I'm also open to whipping up a few in my spare time till i can get a template posted.

Can you do one for Canada?

el Diablo

Banned
For some reason subconsciously i fixed the perspective on the US logo but never did with any of the others. I fixed them in the above post SO RESAVE THEM (the Australia one was broken and saved as a .jpg too for some reason.....)!. From here on i'll make them with the correct perspective. The difference is subtle but i think it looks better, like the P is actually standing up and the S is laying down.

13z92d5.jpg

CSSer said:
Can you do one for Canada?

painey said:
I love the PS logo one, can you do one with the St Georges Cross?

Here you go, hope they're ok. I like using the P and S separate but i can easily combine them if it's no good.

29e6b6b.png
2jcble8.png

kassatsu said:
For the HK one, I think it would look better if the flower was on the "S" and not the "P".

Tried that for a few flags where the S got the design but it just doesn't look right because the P blocks out the design and makes it hard to make out. The HK mockup i made you couldn't even make out the flower except for the outer parts of the tips. Quite honestly after making a few of these i can say with utmost confidence that the PS logo is NO GOOD for flags due to it's awkward positioning :lol.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Damn theres A TON of Dominicans in here :D (self included) awesome! :lol

Very nice looking flags on that smiley template, cute as hell.

Alcahest

Ferrarisimo said:
Is anybody's PS3 not recognizing the .PNG files via Windows Media Connect? Mine can't recognize .gifs either, and I lose the alpha channel if I convert them to JPEGs, which my PS3 does recognize. Tips?

Yeah, using either TwonkyMedia or FUPPES to serve (dlna) and PS3 sees those .pngs as "unsupported data".

McBacon, is it possible for you to do a icon_jp2.png (japan flag) but with the sun centered?
Thanks,

Alcahest

arg2bad

just want to say thanks for these again - upgraded my ps3 hard drive lately and forgot to transfer these over so have been looking for this thread for a while - have finally found it again and thought it deserved a reply so that any new ps3 owners could have a look

hirokazu

el Diablo said:
I do, still tweaking it though so i haven't uploaded it anywhere. Not sure how exactly McBacon went about making his template but mine is overly complicated atm since i'm really really rusty with Photoshop heh. I'll get it simplified sometime in the near future and post up some kind of template, shouldn't be too long since the hardest part was figuring out how to get the .pngs to display cleanly (no edges against a dark or light background) and creating a custom shape of the PS logo.

Anyways, here's what i came up with for the 5 main regions, lemme know what you think. I'm also open to whipping up a few in my spare time till i can get a template posted. If you have an idea of how you want it to look i can try (if it's something different like what i did with the US and AU flags), i'm not promising anything though heh. One favor, if you want one from me please say you want a PS one or address me. Don't want to waste time making one that wasn't wanted :lol.

Ok these are displaying cleanly just save them.

2roq234.png
nywlzt.png

331etck.png
1zx2rti.png

255475v.png
This is awesome. I salute you.

Benedict

The Slim has been released since this thread was last up in the front of Neogaf so it deserves a bump. As well as a big increase in sold PS3s.

As for me, I needed it for my replacement PS3 to my different PSN accounts.

Thanks to Killthee who helped me find the thread again.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Benedict said:
The Slim has been released since this thread was last up in the front of Neogaf so it deserves a bump. As well as a big increase in sold PS3s.

As for me, I needed it for my replacement PS3 to my different PSN accounts.

Thanks to Killthee who helped me find the thread again.
Heh I still use these guys on my PS3.

freitax

so awesome, I didn't even know I could change the profile icon xD thanks mcbacon! My country is already covered so no extra work for me:D

Kuraudo

Banned
Like a few others, had these on my old PS3 and wanted them again for my new one. Thanks for the icons and the bump, guys.

Facism

Could someone possibly make Turkey and the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus?

One for me, one for a cousin :)

Top Bottom