• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Slim Ugliest Console Ever or NeoGaf just being NeoGaf?

onQ123

I keep seeing post after post about how the new PS3 is ugly & some of you are saying that it is the 'Ugliest Console Ever' & so on but I don't think everyday people will look at this & see the ugliest console ever.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/19/sony-announces-a-new-ps3-the-latest-redesign-of-its-gaming/

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/19/sony-playstation-3-2012-up-close-and-personal-eyes-on/

image01-1348044202.jpg

front-1348044200.jpg

image02-1348044205.jpg

newps3image01-1348044213.jpg

newps3image02-1348044216.jpg

dsc01879.jpg

dsc01884.jpg

dsc01891-1348034201.jpg

dsc01892.jpg

newps3leftside-1348044219.jpg

newps3rear-1348044221.jpg

If it wasn't for those lines on the front it would be decent, but god it's ugly. Still seems pretty big as well. This is probably a bad place to ask this, but is it true that you can't plug your own HDD into this thing and it only takes proprietary memory?

It's the second ugliest console of the ones that were relevant. The entire 360 line isn't that much better, and none of the PS3s have been lookers either.

The only uglier console is original xbox.

jett

D-Member
It's absolutely hideous. Hard to believe that design came out of Sony.

I don't know if it's the ugliest, but it's up there.

Boss Man

I like it because I like the concept of smaller, cooler consoles with top loading trays. Yeah, I like it.

But then it looks ugly again because of the fact that it's $20 more expensive instead of $50-$100 cheaper.

I'm not sure it's the ugliest ever released but is that saying much? For a redesign that leads to a price increase i'd expect a little more than that.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
It's certainly a contender.

Akey

Banned
Looks like a round atari 2600 to me. So no I do not like it. ugly, round, and expensive I think it wins the award.

Talon

I have to imagine it's some sort of half-thought-out homage to the PS2's ridges.

That said, it's a terrible design. Flourish for the sake of flourish.

I understand the ideas behind the lines, but it looks a bit cheap.
Plus the console isn't really that small.

They'd have been better with a flat design.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't know about ever but it really is absolutely hideous. Looks like a chic garbage bin from the 90s.

Foreman Grill >>>>>>

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Looks fine. Not a fan of the ridges but it's certainly a unique look.

White one is pretty nice, would love to buy it but SCEA must be looking at the same numbers as Reggie so its not going to happen.

Hex

Banned
If it wasn't for those lines on the front it would be decent, but god it's ugly. Still seems pretty big as well. This is probably a bad place to ask this, but is it true that you can't plug your own HDD into this thing and it only takes proprietary memory?

No.

KalBalboa

Banned
I think it looks pretty nice. I'm hoping to hear more about the "wallet friendly" version the European PS Blog mentioned- a $199 one might convince me to spring for it.

I still like the original PS3 phat-grill-whatever design most, but the new Slim is better than the old Slim, which seemed too big of a square.

Top Bottom