• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 2.50 FW, PS Vita 3.50 FW updates are up

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
fyi

PS4 FW info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1017106
PS Vita FW info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1017133

Don't forget to turn on suspend feature in power settings

CBAxP2nUIAErlq9.jpg:large

To 60FPS Remote Play, change the settings in the Remote Play app on the PS Vita

DryvBy

Vita is now updated. If only I could leave work to get that beta firmware off my 20th anniversary system so I can stream again.

DryvBy

God speed to today's beta testers. All of our hopes are with you...

Wait until you pop your first screen shot trophy in a game. Oh the look on your face when you see a black background with a trophy pop-up in the corner because it was a story unlock.

Bloodborne's trophy screen shots have been pretty great so far for me.

How does suspend/resume work? You just put your PS4 in rest mode when your'e done playing?

You put it in rest mode. When you start your console back up, it starts back up where you left off or whatever app you were in.

Zareka

Should I download for my PS4 now, or wait and see what it breaks first?

Not worried about my Vita, although how does this effect the near app? I like that thing b

DryvBy

Who is going to be the brave soul that beta tests the PS4 FW for us today?

They actually did beta test this one lol. I've had the beta on both my PS4s for about 2-3 weeks now. I'm glad this is now official so I can use Twitch. That's the best news to me!

The only issue I've had which I addressed to them weeks ago, was that after a couple of days in rest mode (not even suspend) my PS4 wouldn't properly load the store. When I'd try to load it, the only thing that would show is the blue wavy background and in the bottom corner it showed to press O to back out. I'd have to restart (another feature) the system for it to come back.

Thoraxes

Me in 4 hours. Never had a problem with Sony firmware.
I had major issues with the rest mode update. Scared me into never updating Sony systems asap anymore.
Those were called the beta testers and they chimed in over the past few weeks
They actually did beta test this one lol. I've had the beta on both my PS4s for about 2-3 weeks now. I'm glad this is now official so I can use Twitch. That's the best news to me!
I'm gonna wait juuuust a little.

bombshell

There's a new Discover notification category which has tutorials for new features. It has 3 tutorials for this firmware update.

ZeroX03

Banned
Five minutes in and already my first error. Gave me a big old system software error when I tried to launch AC Unity. Tried again and it worked but definitely not bug free. Can't suspend it either.

Suspend works offline on Bloodborne though.

Jburton

Banned
Five minutes in and already my first error. Gave me a big old system software error when I tried to launch AC Unity. Tried again and it worked but definitely not bug free. Can't suspend it either.

Suspend works offline on Bloodborne though.

Rebuild database through the safe mode, should fix most of those issues

Lucifon

Just tried pausing Type-0 then putting the system in rest. Nope, game has closed when booting back up...

Great.

LAA

Just tried pausing Type-0 then putting the system in rest. Nope, game has closed when booting back up...

Great.

May have to enable rest mode and that feature. They were all automatically off for me when I checked.

Just tried remote play with a 60fps game, resogun...yeah still definitely smoother on the TV. Not even sure if I can notice an improvement

Zabby

Anybody knows the power consumption of running apps in the background compared to normal standby?

Top Bottom