• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 demo kiosks are starting to pop up at Gamestop & Best Buy

Jesus, Sony whats with all the indie stuff on there?

I have never even heard of Supermother Load and Pinball Arcade. These games aren't going to WOW anybody.

How about Need for Speed, Lego Marvel or any other E+ game?

I'm gonna go check out Knack and octodad in Garden City afterwork. Let you know my impressions later.

you sure you're typing in the right zip code? I used to live near Dallas and there are several
Ok I used a Garland Zip code, but it borders Dallas. The only Sony Store I know about is in the Galleria Mall, but they didn't show to have the PS4.

SONY STORE 67
1100 SOUTH HAYES STREET SUITE P04B ARLINGTON VA 22202
703-416-5187

Nice.

Hello neighbor!

I've never seen that one. Is it IN DCA?

Edit: Nvm, the site showed me a dot in DCA. When I put the address into google though, it shows me Pentagon City Mall. Haven't been there in awhile...maybe the next time I do a Costco run...

The only one within 100 miles is all the way in Alexandria, VA.

Yeah, no. I can wait a few more weeks for every Gamestop or Best Buy to suddenly have one of these.

molnizzle

you sure you're typing in the right zip code? I used to live near Dallas and there are several

How do you qualify "near" Dallas? Because there are none near Dallas.

ixJWfTL.png

Rhindle

Just hit up the local Sony store over my lunch break.

They have three demo stations set up, each with a PS4 and 40-inch screen. The available demos are those listed in the OP. I tried the Knack and FIFA demos. They appear to be the same code as E3 demos as far as I can tell, complete with the janky framerate on Knack.

The units are running a demo UI, which just offers access to demos and previews. For what it's worth, the demo UI is very smooth and responsive. But no access to the retail UI.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
It's not JUST Sony Stores getting them:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-kiosks-coming-to-retailers-across-the-us/1100-6415616/

The first batch of demo units will be available in select Sony Stores, before expanding to electronics chains like GameStop, Best Buy, Target, and Wal-Mart in the coming weeks.
Sony Stores are the only ones that have them set up today, the info about the other stores is in the OP. I didn't want people to click the thread thinking they could go to BB or Walmart today to play and there wasn't enough room to add other stores in coming weeks so I just focused on the Sony Store info in the thread title.

Milennia

Just hit up the local Sony store over my lunch break.

They have three demo stations set up, each with a PS4 and 40-inch screen. The available demos are those listed in the OP. I tried the Knack and FIFA demos. They appear to be the same code as E3 demos as far as I can tell, complete with the janky framerate on Knack.

The units are running a demo UI, which just offers access to demos and previews. For what it's worth, the demo UI is very smooth and responsive. But no access to the retail UI.

Controller impressions !?

Jesus, Sony whats with all the indie stuff on there?

I have never even heard of Supermother Load and Pinball Arcade. These games aren't going to WOW anybody.

How about Need for Speed, Lego Marvel or any other E+ game?

I'm gonna go check out Knack and octodad in Garden City afterwork. Let you know my impressions later.

I live 23 miles away from the Sony store at Santa Monica, so tempted to go there now!

There is one apparently at Stanford Shopping center.

Might just wait until closer places have demo stations.

Unless SF Bay Area GAF feels like meeting up :D

Got one four miles to the north, and another six miles to the south. Too much effort for the games listed. Maybe if I happen to be driving by I'll pop in, but otherwise I'll just wait for my Day One from Amazon.

traidenk

Banned
Cmon junior... he already had tons of impressions of PS4 games running from real consoles.

straight from sony"s blog.

"Once you find a kiosk, you’ll be able to sample upcoming PS4 games like Knack, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, FIFA 14, Contrast, Super Motherload, and Pinball Arcade. Keep an eye out for the kiosk at a store near you, and have fun playing!"

Still just a demo of knack and some indie games. It's not looking good.

Not quite sure if they want people to play it then say "okay, I'll order one" cuz the response will be "well, we are out of preorders, try again in late November.
It would be a pretty lousy business strategy not to try and get people excited for your product though, not matter whether or not they could have one at launch :p

Demo of knack should help me decide on day 1 for it. Really just want to feel the controller and see the unit. Century city it is for me.

Reg

Banned
straight from sony"s blog.

"Once you find a kiosk, you’ll be able to sample upcoming PS4 games like Knack, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, FIFA 14, Contrast, Super Motherload, and Pinball Arcade. Keep an eye out for the kiosk at a store near you, and have fun playing!"

Still just a demo of knack and some indie games. It's not looking good.

This is some weak trolling.

Rhindle

Controller impressions !?
I've posted impressions of the PS4 controller before. I like all aspects of it, other than the stick placement and somewhat limited range of motion, and the handles still being too short (but still an imporvement over the DS3).

One thing that surprised me is how light the PS4 unit is. It feels lighter than the PS3 slim even.

Not sure how I feel about the materials though. The matte plastic just does not have a "premium" feel to it.

DC1

Hello neighbor!

Edit: Nvm, the site showed me a dot in DCA. When I put the address into google though, it shows me Pentagon City Mall. Haven't been there in awhile...maybe the next time I do a Costco run...
Is that Costco run still a trap? It's such a pain to get in and out of that parking lot!

Hello neighbor!

Yessssss!!! I can finally see it up close

Hey! I didn't see this one..unless this is the same store by the airport.

Hello DMV! Yeah, Pentagon City Mall; I'll prob. check it out over the weekend.

Milennia

I've posted impressions of the PS4 controller before. I like all aspects of it, other than the stick placement and somewhat limited range of motion, and the handles still being too short (but still an imporvement over the DS3).

One thing that surprised me is how light the PS4 unit is. It feels lighter than the PS3 slim even. Not sure how I feel about the materials though. The matte plastic just does not have a "premium" feel to it.

That last bit is worrisome to me.

The ds3 felt like i could literally snap it in half if i attempted it.

Top Bottom