• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 demo kiosks are starting to pop up at Gamestop & Best Buy

Pachimari

No DriveClub. The only available demos are those shown in the 2nd pic.

Yes, FIFA looks great. I can confidently say it is running at full 1080p. With the other demos I'm not so sure (Octodad and Contrast definitely look sub-1080).

Does FIFA 14 play any differently than the current-gen versions? More importantly, is the framerate smooth and menus fast? Most important though, did you notice the ball boys throwing the balls to you at throw-ins and such for quick resume of play?

I really don't like going to the Galleria, it's always so busy. I'll have to find a day where I can go in the middle of the day to avoid crowds.

If you go up the tall ramp off westheimer, go in, go left, then go up to the top. Enter a side entrance on the side if the hotel and you get instant access to the elevator. There's ALWAYS parking available up there. (Except black Friday)

Ardenyal

Dummy PS4 I'm guessing. I see no blue light.

Also the controller wire goes somewhere behind the console, no USB ports back there.

it's a conspiracy!

They probably don't want the consoles just sitting there, someone might grab one

MXRider

Didn't realize there was so much Orlando gaf.

Not a lot of games to play. Maybe I'll play it the same night as the Microsoft store opening/Xbox one event. Haha.

shandy706

Reads OP....

huh-run.gif

......finds nothing within 120 miles.....

dead1.gif

I think they'll download more demos as launch approaches. This is how the PS3 demo stations were. Boring as hell + motorstorm for a while. I don't think Sony will lag with updating them this time.

muteant

went to the century city location, they had three units, two were being played, i had literally 30 seconds to check it out (on the way to a lunch meeting) but all three displays were showing off FIFA (which looked profoundly unimpressive, btw).

Piggus

I think they'll download more demos as launch approaches. This is how the PS3 demo stations were. Boring as hell + motorstorm for a while. I don't think Sony will lag with updating them this time.

I didn't know the PS3s even had games other than Motorstorm lol. That's the only game I ever saw running.

Bsigg12

Also the controller wire goes somewhere behind the console, no USB ports back there.

it's a conspiracy!

They probably don't want the consoles just sitting there, someone might grab one

They are hidden in the case. There's a side door, and it also allows for the system to vent more efficiently.

Obscured

Seems like only available near large bodies of water. PS4 only travels by boat confirmed.

Would really like to see these start popping up, I want to try that controller. I don't care too much about the selection of games, but I wonder how well these 'sell' the system. Knack might be pretty enough, will be interesting to see in person.

jwk94

Seems like only available near large bodies of water. PS4 only travels by boat confirmed.

Would really like to see these start popping up, I want to try that controller. I don't care too much about the selection of games, but I wonder how well these 'sell' the system. Knack might be pretty enough, will be interesting to see in person.

Hmmm, CBOAT related? maybe Driveclub got lost in the ocean.

Five

Banned

Travels by Cboat. edit: beaten. Boo

Hnnng, leaving work in half an hour to go to the store in town.

Pachimari

Travels by Cboat. edit: beaten. Boo

Hnnng, leaving work in half an hour to go to the store in town.
Could you try FIFA and tell us how the ball boys system at the sidelines work? If they throw the ball to the players at a throw in and if it resumes play quick? Nobody have talked about that new feature yet. Thanks. :)

Iorv3th

it's a conspiracy!

The ps3 demo kiosks are the same way. What you see in the glass case is a shell and the system is located elsewhere. So probably is an actual console, just that it's located elsewhere locked away to prevent theft.

Also Gamestops should be getting kiosks in very soon.

Five

Banned
Could you try FIFA and tell us how the ball boys system at the sidelines work? If they throw the ball to the players at a throw in and if it resumes play quick? Nobody have talked about that new feature yet. Thanks. :)

I've never played a FIFA game in my life before, so I have no frame of reference. If there's not a huge crowd, I'll try to get around to it and get an impression.

ph00p

Banned
In a few weeks we'll all find out who lost and who won this console war, then wait another 10-12 years for the next.

Milennia

The ps3 demo kiosks are the same way. What you see in the glass case is a shell and the system is located elsewhere. So probably is an actual console, just that it's located elsewhere locked away to prevent theft.

Also Gamestops should be getting kiosks in very soon.

Would they even have computer demos set up in a regular sony store?

FIFA 14 moves smooth, frame rate is good and there is no slow down.

If you press touch button on controller during a match you get point of view from above your GK out towards field.

In game menu is fast and no slow downs, I'm a PES player but the models looked good and aerial shots of stadium exterior are amazing.

The crowds looked incredible also.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
FIFA 14 moves smooth, frame rate is good and there is no slow down.

If you press touch button on controller during a match you get point of view from above your GK out towards field.

In game menu is fast and no slow downs, I'm a PES player but the models looked good and aerial shots of stadium exterior are amazing.

The crowds looked incredible also.

No video? The UI isn't a surprise but would love to see it in action. FIFA PS4, that is.

DoctorZ

Just went to south coast plaza, pretty empty. I was the only one using any of the 3 kiosks.

I'm not sure why but everything looked pretty aliased and other than FIFA the games looked kind of crummy I felt. Maybe the sharpness on the tv was high or I was just too close. The controller felt good, much more comfortable than the ds3. Maybe a bit on the hard plasticky side. I wish the triggers were more like the 360's but its a vast improvement over the ds3 for sure. They're just a bit too short and too wide I feel.

Just went to south coast plaza, pretty empty. I was the only one using any of the 3 kiosks.

I'm not sure why but everything looked pretty aliased and other than FIFA the games looked kind of crummy I felt. Maybe the sharpness on the tv was high or I was just too close. The controller felt good, much more comfortable than the ds3. Maybe a bit on the hard plasticky side. I wish the triggers were more like the 360's but its a vast improvement over the ds3 for sure. They're just a bit too short and too wide I feel.

How does it look in person? If i think it looks ugly in the pictures will i change my mind if i see it in person?

Top Bottom