• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 2.50 (Yukimura) coming March 26

BokehKing

Banned
Wow, got every destiny invite from the last 6 months in a matter of 5 minutes back to back to back as soon as the system updated.

Melchiah

Is the cloud storage limit still 1GB? I just noticed, that my app save data had gone up to 1.1GB due to Driveclub replays, yet it had still uploaded last night's Bloodborne save data.

So when you go into Suspend mode while in a game, does the game automatically put you in the pause screen like on Xbox One? Or does it just suspend you in the active game?

Zambayoshi

I noticed that the system update might have stuffed a recent save file due to the database rebuild. My Game of Thrones save file didn't show that I'd played Episode 3, which I'd played in its entirety just before doing the update. Very annoying.

Very nice!

I really like having the High Contrast setting on with the Flow themes. Some of the Flow theme colors were waaaay to bright. Also the Bold Text is a nice touch!

The only thing I would want now is just a notification option when either

- A friend comes online
- A "favorite" friends system where it tells you when your "favorites" come online
- A friend starts playing the same game I'm playing
- A friend that's playing the same game sends a notification that they want to play (with anyone. Like "Olaf wants to play Resident Evil Revelations with friends" or whatever)

Also:

- Remove/disable "players you may know" (I really dislike seeing players I've removed being suggested)
- Option to record longer
- Remove any trophies you want

Im-so-happy-GIF.gif

Ashtar

So no reports of bricked systems yet? Always a good sign, I'm tempted to update but i might just wait till Sunday when I'm back home.... How big is the download?

schlew

Installed the update fine and it seems to be fairly stable. Avatars are fixed in the friends who play this section for each game but not in the what's new section for me. Oh well.

Can anyone figure out where the remote play high frame rate setting is on the PS4? I found it on the Vita and I found the share play high frame rate setting (start a party, go to party settings, video quality for share play).

I'd like to know as well, as I haven't been able to find the setting on my PS4 or Vita. I'm sure it's somewhere obvious, but I can't find it at all...

Danlord

For me, messages are loading almost instantly now whereas before 2.50 they were horribly slow and I know it's no placebo because I was using the messaging just last night.

Danlord

Just found something in Firmware 2.50 which is a small thing but I didn't hear anything about it, apologies if already posted;

UNLGsrm.jpg

The download size is more accurate to an extra decimal place.

pompidu

Just found something in Firmware 2.50 which is a small thing but I didn't hear anything about it, apologies if already posted;

UNLGsrm.jpg

Why these assholes waste time on doing that. no wonder this resume shit took sO long. ADD ANOTHRR DECIMAL PLACE FUCKERS

UNLGsrm.jpg

It's because the speeds are so slow you need that extra decimal to see the progress now

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

On a side note I tested a download this morning after installing 2.50 and mine still only had 2 decimal places

For me, messages are loading almost instantly now whereas before 2.50 they were horribly slow and I know it's no placebo because I was using the messaging just last night.

Messaging has worked fine for me for months. It seems random, I don't think 2.50 did anything to it.

They've also fixed the icon display across the UI, where it wasn't displaying avatars...

They've also added an online/offline icon under each person.

Danlord

Messaging has worked fine for me for months. It seems random, I don't think 2.50 did anything to it.

It has been random, I know people who've used it flawlessly and others that were laggy like mine, but at least for me it's cleared up and much better. As for my download speeds, I have 72Mb/s Download and 20Mb/s Upload, so it's not my connection being slow :)

It has been random, I know people who've used it flawlessly and others that were laggy like mine, but at least for me it's cleared up and much better. As for my download speeds, I have 72Mb/s Download and 20Mb/s Upload, so it's not my connection being slow :)

Ah ok well hopefully it's good for you now. I haven't had nearly as many problems with messaging as some but it does seem to flare up now and then, usually right as soon as I declare it fixed which is why I am skeptical :p

And yeah my download speeds are fast too, it's definitely not a local issue.

What's New also has a section for "New Playing" which shows what your friends are currently playing if they're online and playing a game. So, that's a thing.

Now folders and external devieces MP4 player and its done.

Not that I care about it but they did promise DLNA support so that still should be delivered as well, for those who want it.

But yeah even if they've been a bit slow the additions have been substantial compared to what PS4 launched with.

One thing that I dislike is how they've hidden the option to turn the console off behind another menu. I never use rest mode, and I probably won't now unless I have to quit during the middle of a game. It's a small inconvenience, but an inconvenience nonetheless. Reminds me of how buried away the power settings were in Windows 8.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
One thing that I dislike is how they've hidden the option to turn the console off behind another menu. I never use rest mode, and I probably won't now unless I have to quit during the middle of a game. It's a small inconvenience, but an inconvenience nonetheless. Reminds me of how buried away the power settings were in Windows 8.
Disable all power saving things related to rest mode and it will show "Power off" at that point instead.

Reule

They've also fixed the icon display across the UI, where it wasn't displaying avatars...

They've also added an online/offline icon under each person.
I saw that. What's New is still not showing avatars correctly but under each game tile they definitely are.

Withnail

I heard the problems were caused by certain custom profile pictures, so I guess depending on your friends list some people wouldn't have experienced any issues.

LakeEarth

It's because the speeds are so slow you need that extra decimal to see the progress now

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason they did it. There probably will be less complaints about DL speed since we see the number go up more often. Stupid brains.

The update isn't available on the site yet. I'm getting my PS4 today with a new 1TB HDD, I would prefer not to install both 2.04 and then 2.50. Get on it Sony!

Vanguard

Is the cloud storage limit still 1GB? I just noticed, that my app save data had gone up to 1.1GB due to Driveclub replays, yet it had still uploaded last night's Bloodborne save data.

I believe it is still 1GB, I haven't heard anything and I imagine they would have advertised it if it did increase. Somehow I'm still only at about ~550MB but that's not going to last me for long and a lot of my friends have complained that they have reached the limit at some point. Really wish it happens soon to be honest, I don't even know what be an acceptable size, 10GB seems kind of reasonable but by the end of the generation I can imagine people hitting that too!

pompidu

damn-damn-damn-o.gif

Damn them and their extra decimal place, must have taken weeks!

Priorities all fucked up on firmware team.

Not that I care about it but they did promise DLNA support so that still should be delivered as well, for those who want it.

But yeah even if they've been a bit slow the additions have been substantial compared to what PS4 launched with.

would be nice to have. Was dlna not on ps4 for a specific reason? Cannot see why it was on ps3 and not ported over to ps4.

Melchiah

I believe it is still 1GB, I haven't heard anything and I imagine they would have advertised it if it did increase. Somehow I'm still only at about ~550MB but that's not going to last me for long and a lot of my friends have complained that they have reached the limit at some point. Really wish it happens soon to be honest, I don't even know what be an acceptable size, 10GB seems kind of reasonable but by the end of the generation I can imagine people hitting that too!

I've already deleted some excess save files of the 23 games I currently have after I've completed them, and the total was around 830MB before the DC replays. 1GB is nowhere near enough, when things like replays are included. Even double the amount wouldn't most likely be enough, considering many have reached the 1GB limit within 16 months from the launch.

Saty

Videos demonstrating re-mapping? Curious to how it works. Can you create multiple profiles and name them after the games? Do you need to select one before you enter the game? Can you load key configuration profiles while the game's running?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I was looking for a specific reason, as in did they state why.
You're not going to get that unless you ask someone that actually investigates stuff to contact someone from the firmware team and ask why what was prioritized was prioritized.

pompidu

You're not going to get that unless you ask someone that actually investigates stuff to contact someone from the firmware team and ask why what was prioritized was prioritized.

Didn't know if Sony specifically came out with a reason and was curious if someone in this thread happened to remember if they did. That is all.

Top Bottom