• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 3.0 Features

AWESOME! Thanks for posting.

I hope this means we can have friend groups? I'm so tired of going through my entire list to see my real-life friends ect. I still have no idea why they dont have a REAL-NAME FRIEND list (with added notification when they come online).

Also the request to watch thing is so cool!

Although Shareplay is shit. Everytime I try it it says my connection is too slow, but I have 60mbps/10mbps connection. Gah.

SAiLO

• Online storage capacity increase: PlayStation Plus members’ PS4 cloud storage capacity will increase from 1GB to 10GB

This.

Does that have to do with Sony or the developer?

I wish they had an update for fixing the media player. Its straight garbage right no subtitle support and a majority of my files not even reading

Its seems to be mostly Sony who'se imposing the 10Mb minimum, although some developers (e.g. Lab Zero) seems to have manage to get it down to a more reasonable 3Mb.

yurinka

Is it that hard to implement external storage support?
No, but this has huge potential for game piracy related exploits. What it's way hard it's to make it with flawless security. It's too risky, so I assume they prefer to do other also highly requested important features before.

Apparently I didn't get into the beta. Or I haven't checked until I get home.

You guys should check if you can have multiple people as mods. Because if it's going to rely on one person accepting all members that's gonna be impossible once this turns widespread.

Chille

For those who are posting info you do know this is an embargo'd beta and any impressions should be on the private forum only

SDR-UK

Just a heads up, I just updated and it changed a lot of settings back to their default states.

Be sure to check your audio and video output settings, especially RBG settings.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
yeah...trophy related stuff should go down to the bottom of the list of requests lol...well outside of turning off auto screenshots for popped trophies. :)
Seriously.

You can remove the automatic taking of pictures when you ping a trophy.
Ohh? Awesome. That shit needs to go. It pollutes my screenshots gallery, and sometimes I even get a "cannot take screenshot here" notification (even though I have trophy notifications off) during cut scenes and shit.

I dont get it. Im not understanding the hype around the cloud storage for ps4 saves.

What are yall even using cloud storage for???

Are you moving between multiple ps4s or something???

Arent yall saving your saves to your hard drives???

How many games yall have that you need more online space for saves???

Is ps4 saves so big that you need more than 1gb???

Are yall putting something other than saves in the cloud or something???

I dont get it at all. Ive never ran into an issue where i needed more cloud storage. I didnt even know we had thay. Even though i got cloud storage, it aint big enough to hold games so whays the point???

Im not understanding the excitement about cloud storage at all. Arent those intended purely for backup saves??? Are yall running into issues where your always losing data or something???

I dont get it.

I signed up while back, doubt I'm in. Ah well, going by 2.5 beta to full release, we can see this in about 3 weeks. I'm looking at you online storage!

Kudo

I dont get it. Im not understanding the hype around the cloud storage for ps4 saves.

I dont get it at all. Ive never ran into an issue where i needed more cloud storage. I didnt even know we had thay. Even though i got cloud storage, it aint big enough to hold games so whays the point???

Im not understanding the excitement about cloud storage at all. Arent those intended purely for backup saves??? Are yall running into issues where your always losing data or something???

I dont get it.

There's loads of games for PS4, you need to install the games and saves can take up to 100-500MB so they quickly stack up, and in need of space you need to delete the game and upload saves to the Cloud.
Also like you said helps moving between consoles if people have multiple.
Personally I never ran into the problem either, but I do understand that 1GB is too little, 10GB I think is sweet spot, doubt most people will ever use more than that.

Blanquito

I dont get it.

With PS+, all your games saves are backed up to the cloud automatically.

People with a large amount of games (and there's lots of those here) run out of space, especially considering some games randomly use up tons of space by themselves.

Wreav

Banned

I dont get it.

This guy doesn't get it, everyone, we were wrong this whole time.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
This guy doesn't get it, everyone, we were wrong this whole time.
Lol I like the slight digs disguised as questions. some games like MK X or multiple GTA saves take up gigantic amounts of room.

thatJohann

Got my email at 3:58PM ET today. I signed up the within the first 30 min of the beta program announcement. North America account here (NYC) if that helps.

Just redeemed code to download the beta via the PSN website as I'm at the office. Hopefully, installing 3.0 beta will be as easy as they say on the email - "redeem code, check for system update on PS4 settings" #crossing fingers

If anyone is doing any sort of GAF community add me! my handle is superjoho

darknil

I dont get it.

Well..

1. Multiple PS4 for some, security of the save for all. Once I had a bug on Child of Light that corrupted my save before the final boss. I was able to download the version that was on the cloud created the night before automatically, so I just lost 1 hour instead of the full game.

2. See 1

3. You cannot have multiple versions of a save for all games on the hard drive, so see point 1.

4. The amount of games will increase for every user, even if it's only via PS+, so maybe you have a GTAV save that you left last year and you want to get a 100% now, so a lot of people don't usually delete old saves.

5. The standard is 10MB per save, BUT there are a lot of big names that don't use this, for example if you don't take care of The Witcher 3, you could have like 500MB of saves for that game, same situation happens with GTA.
Replays are also a save per replay, so if you play a driving game or a sports game, probably you have more saves for those games.
And let's not forget that there are lot of games that creates save data and also profile data.

6. You can only put saves, but saves are more than just progress as explained before.

So I hope that summarises the hype, also, 1GB made sense like 4 years ago, but for PS3 and Vita saves.

Top Bottom