• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PS4] Granblue Fantasy: Relink fourth trailer and 4-player multiplayer quest gameplay

mejin

Still no release window for the most ambitious game from Cygames on console. It has great potential as an action rpg and multiplayer just feels fun.

Sony would be wise to reach Cygames to promote this game for a probable PS5 version, even console exclusive would do wonders.

For anyone worried Platinum left this project, do not.

CAB_Life

If the multiplayer is anything like WKC 1/2 (looks similar), I’m in. That game’s online components—housing, mp lobbies, item farming, even a separate mp storyline and “raid” bosses—were so far ahead of their time. Yes, the base game was arguably shit, but I clocked over 1500h in the mp component and it was possibly my favourite game of the PS360Wii era.

ranmafan

Looks good. And yet while I don’t want them to hurry, I want to see them get it right, the lack of any release window is a disappointment. Somehow I don’t think we are getting this next year. Hope to be proven wrong.

Man this is one of my most anticipated action RPGs right now. Just looks so good. But the fact that they don't have a release date yet is disappointing.

But I'm willing to wait. Much rather get a good game late than a bad game rushed.

Labolas

Yeah, looks awesome. A shame that PS5 mostly likely be out before this but if it means we get a much better game for it, I'm for it.

sublimit

Banned
Like i said in the other thread:

Holy crap.:messenger_open_mouth:

Edit: So i watched the gameplay (multiplayer) video a second time. Although i still think it does look very good i get the feeling that the boss battle with the dragon was a bit hectic for me to the point i had a hard time understanding what was going on (sometimes).But then again this may be just me and due to my inexperience with similar games and MMOs.

Also i wonder can we play coop in the main SP game as well or is the coop only for sidequests and hunts?

Last edited:

Fbh

Looks fantastic.

Shame about no release window but hopefully it translates into a really polished game by the time they are ready to release

Mista

Banned
If this isn’t the most beautiful art style I have seen in my life I don’t know what is! Beautiful is the least I can say

That gameplay though.....I can feel how smooth it is even without playing the damn game. Please keep it as it is and don’t change anything. So god damn hyped for this one! Please give me a release date!!!

KàIRóS

Might end up coming out on next gen consoles at this rate, it does look amazing.

And to think that Cygames was a very small mobile developer only a few years ago.

Sygma

This looks like a disaster tbh. Rebooted multiple times but it looks pretty. Shame tho because combat genuinely seems exciting

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
All of these boring ass knights are in?
The fujos won.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Question - is this game only co-op? Can I play the entire game solo with AI teammates? Thanks.

Release date wise, im expecting Summer/Fall 2020 in Japan, 2021 in NA/Europe.

This game looking dooope! Everything I've seen so far looks exciting and fun to play! Release date when?

So...Platinum is developing 3 games???(This, Babylon Fall and Bayoneta 3)

PlatinumGames' part of the development ended some time ago, their parts of the development should still appear within the final game even though they're not working on it anymore.

Herr Edgy

Don't dig the character design too much, seems mostly like generic pretty boy/cute girl anime with lack of detail in the faces, but other than, looks incredibly good.
I hope it's not too scripted though. The 14 min gameplay seems heavily scripted, even a part of the boss battle where the witch girl pops a bubble seems somewhat scripted (if it's actually gameplay then dear god). While scripted sequences on their own are fine, if the game is just a chain of scripted events then that would kinda suck.

Also hoping that the difficulty will be somewhat challenging. Boss fight seemed good, but I know too many games in which a couple people group up to just rush through a dungeon 20 times in a row without any kind of trouble because difficulty is so low that spamming your abilities gets you through the fight.

Other than those concerns it really seems like my type of game. Stats-driven action RPGs are my favorite combat systems. Loved The Last Story and Xenoblade. You get the satisfaction of drafting a good strategy and also the satisfaction of executing it well under pressure. I remember fighting the boss of The Last Story for like 40 minutes because I didn't know there was a QTE you could make use of to deal large amounts of damage, and the boss had 3 phases. If I recall correctly I was constantly trying to outlast the period until rezzing becomes available again after using it, chipping away the health and at the same time keeping track of the ressurection timer, not allowing myself to die with only 2 party members left for like 15 minutes. Shit was intense and oh so lovely. That was a worthy boss fight.

Top Bottom