• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 launching in 32 countries in 2013 (complete list, including XB1)

Wow, many posters unfamiliar with classic GAF "X just shot themselves in the foot. I don't know how many of you know about Y (I'm an expert)" meme. Isn't stuff like this part of the GAF membership exams any more? ;)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
COLOMBIA, FUCK YEAH! Now I don't feel so bad about not preordering at Amazon
except for the fact that I will end up paying double for the bloody console and I get it 2 weeks later.

If I told my 14 years old self "It will come a day that a console will be launched in Latin America before that in Japan", he would never believe this.

Holy fuck, you're right. I hadn't realized about that. And a console made by a Japanese company at that too.

d_escudero

Neo Member
Nice to see that at least someone cares about Latin America.

Yeah, launching a console at $640 USD....
They care a lot about us

Official price for Chile $329.000 CLP = $643 USD

proxy.jpg

SilentFlyer

We're talking about the console market here. Not handhelds.

Yeah same here is KSA. Big game retailer has been taking pre-orders for PS4 and only yesterday they told me that If I pre-order I'll get it on 1st December. Although Middle East is not in the official list. Even official Playstation KSA and Playstation Middle East account on twitter has been saying to everyone asking about the release that PS4 will launch this Holiday here as well.

SilentFlyer

They might announce more countries that may get PS4 this year.

http://www.mcvindia.com/news/read/p...te-announcement-for-india-middle-east/0120434

That is going to be the subject of a separate announcement. We are not saying anything bad, but we are not saying that they are going to come before Christmas. It is just going to be the subject of a separate announcement.”

Ryan did, however, hint that the list of countries that would get the PS4 this year could exceed the 32 that have been announced; he just didn’t know which ones.

wtf, hope they dont pull that shit in Colombia.
most likely they will

Sure they will. Maybe not as high as previous consoles, but high indeed. Maybe $1.3 million pesos (~US$650), which is a rough estimate of what Sony's asking for the PS4 in other other LatAm countries.

What I find utterly ridiculous is that in Colombia we have this policy where any electronic device with an OS (including tablets, e-readers, sometimes even cellphones) that cost less than ~US$1000 pays no taxes, and still they charge a premium tax for videogame consoles.

Top Bottom