• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Neo presentation might have leaked

onQ123

Now where are all the people who said it would only do 4K by upscaling?

as you can see they will also use different uprendering techniques to reach a 4K frame buffer.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So Sony isn't forcing devs/publishers to patch old titles.

Where is everyone in the other thread who told me this wasn't the case and that we'd all get upgrades for 4K as "free patches?" As I said in the other thread: Don't be shocked at all to start seeing 4K remasters released. They'll work on the original PS4, but if you play them on PS4 Neo it will be in 4K.

Wonder how that October rule will affect something like Persona 5, where presumably all the enhancements already exist on the PS4 version.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
not because it's launching in october lmao

Sony have strongly suggested that they are following Apple's announcement and fast release strategy for Neo. It's certainly possible.

Subaru

IIRC Tabata said that FFXV wouldn't run better on PS4 Neo because now they just want to release the game
(Maybe that's the reason for the 30th September release? So they couldn't not release on Neo?)

The most importante upgrade wasn't revealed here: where is sata 3? =(

Neoxon

Well damn, everything about this system seems to be leaking.

If I wasn't stock-piling my cash for NX & EVO 2017, I'd be totally down for this, especially if it improved Street Fighter V's load times.

Kyoufu

Prototype systems at start of 2017. Read the document before you post about it.

I must have missed that part. Wonder what the reason for the October date is if the system itself won't be launching until way later.

Andrew House even stated in a Japanese interview they're looking to launch it by Christmas.

SoulUnison

Banned
So the NEO's not going to make it out by Final Fantasy XV, then?

I can safely buy an Original PS4 knowing it's the best choice I can make to play XV Day 1?

Philippo

Heh the upgrade doesn't seem too substantial, like, a few bells and whistles for the graphics and slighlty improvements in res/fps.
Kinda expected a more meaty improvement.

To be honest, the 1st party games from last E3 (GOW, Horizon, Detroit) all looked so amazing on regular PS4s i don't feel so pushed to move to Neo.
But then maybe the ones that will be big improvements are 3rd parties....

So just like Scorpio it seems to be focussed on outputting 4K

That seems like such waste for that power. I doubt normal HD output will be much improved for most games

I must have missed that part. Wonder what the reason for the October date is if the system itself won't be launching until way later.

Andrew House even stated in a Japanese interview they're looking to launch it by Christmas.

If it's not launching in October I guess the rule is there to have a substantial amount of Neo content by launch.

Wp7LvRZ.png

Well damn, everything about this system seems to be leaking.

If I wasn't stock-piling my cash for NX & EVO 2017, I'd be totally down for this, especially if it improved Street Fighter V's load times.

Nothing here is new .
Same things that we know about \ or could put together over last few months.

Orbis

Does this mean existing ps4 games without a patch will run in a mode where none of the extra power is used ? If so, that sucks.
It's impossible to say how a random PS4 game will play if you give it access to additional resources. Perhaps it will crash. Or play too fast. Or multiplayer will break. It's definitely wiser to require devs to patch support themselves.

Yeah that's definitly the materials on which GiantBomb based their story months ago. Some in fact nothing new is leaking here, and some things could have changed as some have pointed out.

• No hardware RAM size boost sounds sad
  • Sony keeping 3 GiB to themselves on original PS4 doesn't sound well either (well, there was that "flexible memory" part, wasn't there...)
  • If "checkerboard rendering" (I assume rendering only "odd" pixels and approximating "even" ones) is much of a thing then why isn't it already used
  • What exactly is "background processing on GPU"
  • Detection of 4K TV sounds like the most stupid thing ever, what if I have a 4K TV but want a better framerate
  • There's something about "patch waivers", does that mean patches testing keeps costing money generally

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
doesn't look like much of an upgrade.

x1.3 cpu
x2.3gpu

Compared to a generational upgrade, no, but it wasn't supposed to be one of those to begin with.

30% more CPU power and 230% more GPU power with more bandwidth will make more than a notable difference in games.

Hip Hop

If PS4 Neo isn't out this year, imagine how huge the news of it will be if it's announced at the Playstation Experience.

itschris

So the NEO's not going to make it out by Final Fantasy XV, then?

I can safely buy an Original PS4 knowing it's the best choice I can make to play XV Day 1?

Well, the document says this:

XTO08w6.png

So it sounds like late-September games will have patches for Neo support?

Top Bottom