• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Neo presentation might have leaked

MilkyJoe

Now where are all the people who said it would only do 4K by upscaling?

as you can see they will also use different uprendering techniques to reach a 4K frame buffer.

Won't do 4K by upscaling, you're all idiots...

Will do 4K by uprendering, take that and party, losers

Joke post? I can't tell anymore.

DedValve

Banned
Yikes, rule #1 of Powerpoints. Don't just flood slides with text.

This clearly isn't meant for the general public. For developers they absolutely want as much as possible and as little buzzwords as possible.

Thats a lot of information though. What are the odds we'd get bloodborne at 60fps?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Please don't have an overclocked Jaguar CPU.

Most likely the case.

this is gonna get destroyed by the scorpio isnt it

Power wise? MS has almost a year on it atleast so yeah, that would have to be the case. Sales wise? Nah. But it generally matters little, i think both of them will be niche products.

Also...people really have to understand the difference betwen upscaling, downsampling, and internal res.

geordiemp

This clearly isn't meant for the general public. For developers they absolutely want as much as possible and as little buzzwords as possible.

Thats a lot of information though. What are the odds we'd get bloodborne at 60fps?

about 0.00000000000000001 %

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Please don't have an overclocked Jaguar CPU.

Then pray that they have changed their minds

CPU:
Uses same “Jaguar” cores as the original PlayStation®4, at higher frequency
–
Original PS4: 8 cores at 1.6 GHz
–
NEO:8 cores at 2.1 GHz (1.3x faster)

It says that prototype systems have to be returned at the start of 2017 and that mass produced units will be available before that.
Maybe they are talking about mass produced dev-kits?

Kyoufu

It says that prototype systems have to be returned at the start of 2017 and that mass produced units will be available before that.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the 2017 return date is for developers returning prototypes to SIE.

I'm very confident this will launch in 2016. Not only did Andrew House say it will but they're counting on PS4K/NEO to reach their 20 million projection for this fiscal year.

DavidDesu

doesn't look like much of an upgrade.

x1.3 cpu
x2.3gpu

It's a pretty significant GPU upgrade from the console that runs Uncharted 4 so i'm not bothered. Means going forward we'll get PS4 level games but with absolutely exquisite image quality and better framerates (while still running good and looking great on the original PS4 as games do now). It's all good, I'm honestly in no rush to jump a true console generation, especially since that would mean a really expensive console and disrupt the flow of great games on the way as things go back to square one yet again for devs and publishers.

Inuhanyou

My guess is October-November, 399$ standalone. Reveal of the new ergonomic controller at the same event it is announced

Mivey

Yikes, rule #1 of Powerpoints. Don't just flood slides with text.
Not unusual for technical slides. A lot of the slides on my university courses look like that. The question is really if you have a script prepared or not. If not, the info on the slide has to cover everything important, you can't just have a few words in there.

Why is Sony so conservative with core clocks? RX 480 total board power is only 150W at 1266MHz with 8GBs of 8Gbps GDDR5. They could come in well under that with a chip clocked at 1085MHz and reach 5TF.

HardRojo

With all the leaks and rumors it's not like people aren't aware Neo is a thing, so yeah, I'm guessing they'll follow the Apple route and we might see Neo available during October or November. It'll definitely be less poweful than Scorpio though, but that's because Scorpio will cost significantly more I think.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully not many devs will make the conscious choice to limit framerates or downgrade resolution in order to have a more significant change between the base game and the NEO version. The document certainly allows for that.

Boke1879

Scorpio has a year on this thing so yea it's going to be more powerful.

But I'd also assume that there will be a big price disparity between the two. I'm sure Sony wants to sell this thing for no more than $450

RootCause

Why is Sony so conservative with core clocks? RX 480 total board power is only 150W at 1266MHz with 8GBs of 8Gbps GDDR5. They could come in well under that with a chip clocked at 1085MHz and reach 5TF.
I plan on getting a 480, and everything I've read so far, says the card draws more than that.

Proelite

RX 480 is not power or temperature efficient at all.

Inuhanyou

They probably want to be as careful with this as they are for the PS4 OG, that and they don't really care about getting the most power out of the box that they could.

Its an iterative unit with upgrades but not really enough to loosen the distinction between a gen change and a refresh of the PS4 with higher power.

That and, the Polaris architecture so far is unimpressive power draw wise

vpance

Well it is an old doc. Last verified insider rumor had them aiming for 5.5TF.

Top Bottom