• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 official European waiting thread - come here and wait with us!

Been redecorating my appartment in the last weeks (new paint, new furniture, new kitchen etc etc) and it turns out I won’t be near finished next Friday.

On the other hand, I already have my new couch, so I just need to put the TV on a box, the PS4 on the floor, and play.
What more could I need?

Beer?

All ps4 consoles are the same. They are made from the same parts. It doesn't matter where its build.

Its either build correctly and it works. Or it doesnt.

There is no special japanese parts that makes the system last longer lol

Whilst you are right on the fact that the same parts are being used, they may also be coming in from different sources and therefor come with different failure rates. Also the manufacturing environment may vary in the locations, although I would assume them all to be very clean and clinical.

Bradach

This feature was known since february. But its not gonna download +30GB of data without your permission. Games can be ready to play if they've downloaded a fraction of that, also known since the reveal.
Ah of course, it just downloads the beginning of the game and if you start playing it it'll finish downloading while playing. that makes more sense!

AustinFelix

Unconfirmed Member
I've preordered with ShopTo and got the mega pack. I paid early so not sure when they started processing them, anyone had money taken yet?

RaikuHebi

Banned
Ah of course, it just downloads the beginning of the game and if you start playing it it'll finish downloading while playing. that makes more sense!
It would be really cool if that first part of the download could be a free taster of the game, like a demo. Then if you like it you can do a full purchase and continue from there. So many PSN games had a trial system, it's unfortunate they don't make it mandatory for all retail games as well. I suppose they want to alleviate all possible avenues of piracy.

But just imagine. Every new game (or ones you specify prior to their release) gets automatically downloaded so when you get home it's good to go immediately. I actually dreamed of such a system before hearing about it. Reminds me of those torrent programs that automatically download new torrents, it's basically extending the concept of DVR to other forms of media, fantastic!

Bradach

For us at least the wait is over, Sony sent us our PS4 yesterday and we spent the whole day capturing footage. So I don't know if it will help with the wait or not, but here are our first videos of Killzone :)
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_nos_videos_killzone_shadow_fall-14853_en.html
All captured and encoded at 1080p and 60 fps.
The gun fights videos doesn't spoil anything (especially if you saw the TGS demo), the rest shows some of the stuff that happens in the first 10 minutes of the game.

The colours! this is by far the best quality footage I've seen of this game to date.

I'm looking forward to some KZ action next week!

SJRB

Gold Member
i3sTSDGkmkXgf.jpg

I've preordered with ShopTo and got the mega pack. I paid early so not sure when they started processing them, anyone had money taken yet?

I paid mine off manually a couple of days ago. Ordered the killzone/Cod ghosts bundle. The money has been debited from my account but its not processing yet.

I tweeted shopto and they said nothing to worry about yet they will be processing orders for the next several days.

IvorB

I have "gamer's bundle" pre-ordered with Amazon. That's an extra controller, a copy of Killzone and the camera. No idea why I got the camera. Guess I just got caught up in the moment and why not? I think the playroom app might potentially entertain wasted people. Who knows?

It's a cold, grey day here in London and I am patiently waiting. Think I will "work from home" next Friday.

Razyl

8 days till launch and still no answer from Sony German or Amazon Germany regarding the killzone bundle. That sucks :(

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I have "gamer's bundle" pre-ordered with Amazon. That's an extra controller, a copy of Killzone and the camera. No idea why I got the camera. Guess I just got caught up in the moment and why not? I think the playroom app might potentially entertain wasted people. Who knows?

It's a cold, grey day here in London and I am patiently waiting. Think I will "work from home" next Friday.

The bundle still has no release date for us, only the plain PS4 does. Weird that its different for you guys.

8 days till launch and still no answer from Sony German or Amazon Germany regarding the killzone bundle. That sucks :(

I thought they said that the bundle would be in the christmas batch?

I'm going to be starting work at 6 and leaving at 2, my mother is going to my flat to await delivery and then I will be setting it all up. I'm hoping that they have fixed the problem with remote play and BT homehubs. Never would work on the PS3 unfortunately and with it being such a big thing on the PS4 i want it working right. I have another router, but the problem with that is that BT pretty much make it mandatory for you to use the HH to get their BT Sports package on YouView, there are only a handful of other routers that it works with.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
my FIFA just shipped from amazon UK. Hoping to pick up ACIV from GAME tomorrow, will they be selling it instore?

Setting up my PS4 space with ethernet, HDMI and power this weekend, and upgrading my ethernet switch to gigabit.

lifa-cobex

So bored of waiting. I just finished up playing Dark souls again for the other ending.
Just want to play KZ SF now plz.

On the up side I have exactly one week of work and then a long weekend off starting on release night.

Frillen

UPDATE! Elkjøp (Norway): My PS4 has been moved from Oslo to Bergen, so unless Elkjop calls the post terminal in Bergen and stop the process (which they won't), I will have my PS4 tomorrow. Lol, seems like Elkjøp has made a huge blunder.

I got a PS4 incoming but I haven't bought a game yet.

I can't decide what to get, and the games are pretty expensive at 50 each. Anyone know where's the cheapest place I can get games like AC4 or Killzone?

Kvik

I got a PS4 incoming but I haven't bought a game yet.

I can't decide what to get, and the games are pretty expensive at 50 each. Anyone know where's the cheapest place I can get games like AC4 or Killzone?

You can use the PSN credit which comes with your PS4.

LAA

...Am I understanding it right that some people's EUR orders are being shipped now!?

Hurry ShopTo! Screw the 8 days!

SJRB

Gold Member
UPDATE! Elkjøp (Norway): My PS4 has been moved from Oslo to Bergen, so unless Elkjop calls the post terminal in Bergen and stop the process (which they won't), I will have my PS4 tomorrow. Lol, seems like Elkjøp has made a huge blunder.

I'd be happy as a kid if my local retailer made a blunder like that and shipped my PS4 a week too soon. God bless that Elkjop store, whatever it is.

mitchman

Gold Member

Yeah, several people have already received their console from Elkjøp, they have definitely broken the date here. Envious.

IvorB

The bundle still has no release date for us, only the plain PS4 does. Weird that its different for you guys.

I thought they said that the bundle would be in the christmas batch?

I think the bundles were severely limited. I pre-ordered back in July so they contacted me and asked me if I want to upgrade to the bundle. I don't think they are on general availability.

I'm going to be starting work at 6 and leaving at 2, my mother is going to my flat to await delivery and then I will be setting it all up. I'm hoping that they have fixed the problem with remote play and BT homehubs. Never would work on the PS3 unfortunately and with it being such a big thing on the PS4 i want it working right. I have another router, but the problem with that is that BT pretty much make it mandatory for you to use the HH to get their BT Sports package on YouView, there are only a handful of other routers that it works with.

Don't think I will use remote play much. I don't really have any problems accessing my TV as and when. Plus playing full phat console game on a Vita doesn't seem that great. Rather just play Vita games.

Frillen

Yeah, several people have already received their console from Elkjøp, they have definitely broken the date here. Envious.

Correct. I live in western Norway though, so I have to wait an extra day or two :(. I shouldn't complain though, as I will get it a week before the rest of you guys :p.

jiggles

Banned
I'm torn on my launch selection, guys.

Call of Duty, Knack, Killzone and FIFA are certain, and I have Battlefield and NBA 2K14 ordered, but I also want Need for Speed and Assassin's Creed now too, after watching some Twitch streams.

Financially, I could afford them, but in terms of time, I certainly can't. So, I was thinking, two sports games and three multiplayer shooters is probably not the way to go. Swap Battlefield and NBA with NFS as AssCreed. But NBA and BF4 both look outstanding.... Goddamn, somebody tell me what to do.

Billen

Banned
Zavvi continues to impress (no, not really). I just received a mail stating the following:

"We can confirm that the cancellation for the products listed below has been successful. Your card has not been charged for these items."

Funny note: I did NOT request cancellation.

I'll have a launch console, but I'm waiting till Christmas Day to open and play it. It's going to be such fun twiddling my thumbs until then!

At least the games will be a little more reasonably priced by the time I buy them in late December, hopefully. Any retailer asking £48 for Killzone can fuck right off.

Ulumsk

Goddamnit, Coolshop. Why you gotta be all professional! At least I got it a decent price.

whitelighter89

Neo Member
I am done with Gamestop now. After defending them for the past few weeks with my friends bashing them over pre-order issues I am done. Went in yesterday to pay more off my preorder and was told I wasn't getting day one of the Killzone Megapack after being promised I was.

Called back later and spoke to the manager who confirmed after a lengthy conversation that I was getting day one now..such a hassle...I had issues in the past they fixed. If they ruin my 2 weeks I've taken off work to play PS4 they will be sorry

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm torn on my launch selection, guys.

Call of Duty, Knack, Killzone and FIFA are certain, and I have Battlefield and NBA 2K14 ordered, but I also want Need for Speed and Assassin's Creed now too, after watching some Twitch streams.

Financially, I could afford them, but in terms of time, I certainly can't. So, I was thinking, two sports games and three multiplayer shooters is probably not the way to go. Swap Battlefield and NBA with NFS as AssCreed. But NBA and BF4 both look outstanding.... Goddamn, somebody tell me what to do.

I'm not sure what games to get myself. I was planning on getting Battlefield, but since the multiplayer part is a complete trainwreck I'm not picking it up until it is fixed. So it might be worth waiting a week to see if DICE fixes their game. If not, I'm going for Killzone. Getting both is a bit much for me.

AC4 is already a sure buy. I'm playing the PS3 version, it's a good game and will give you quite a lot of playtime [I've played 25 hours and I'm not even halfway through the sequences].

Kvik

There is no special japanese parts that makes the system last longer lol

Japanese capacitors used in most Japanese-made electronic appliances are generally more reliable than its Taiwan/Chinese mainland-made counterparts. Asus ROG series motherboards, despite being made in Taiwan, uses Japanese-made capacitors.

Top Bottom