• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Pro Launch Lineup Revealed

Vashetti

Banned
Seems like it's only "mandatory" for first party games, otherwise it's very odd to specify that first party titles from 2017 onwards will all have pro support, and not just say all games.

I wish they would clarify the mandatory situation, whether devs can opt out or not.

Pennywise

Seems like it's only "mandatory" for first party games, otherwise it's very odd to specify that first party titles from 2017 onwards will all have pro support, and not just say all games.
Mandatory doesn't mean they force them to take resolution x or filter y. Simply means a pro mode and however they use it, is up to the devs.

Wait a minute guys, these are all games that will retroactively implement PS4 Pro support, right? Which means, all games releasing after PS4 Pro have to have Pro options?

It's just a case of what the options are. So developers are not mandated to have two resolution options, those for 1080p TV and those for 4K TV owners. For all we know, a developer can choose to only provide Pro benefits to those with 4K TVs, right?

NewDust

No Resogun
No Journey
No Until Dawn
No Driveclub
No Killzone
No God of War III
No Nathan Drake collection
No Bloodborne

I think I can holdout on the Pro a little bit longer.

psychotron

I am playing that game now, really enjoying it. I am curious to see what the improvements will be for the PS4 Pro.

I'm loving it too. It'd be nice to see graphics and performance improvements along side the outfits patch. I also read about three new story DLC missions coming...one of which shows the history of Lincoln and Donovan. I know reviewers are shitting on the game, but I really feel like I would have been missing out if I skipped it.

Logash

So I have Mafia III and Infamous on that list. Not too exciting but a couple weeks later I get to play FFXV then The Last Guardian. I hope Square doesn't take too long to update FFXIV

brawly

Nothing for me. I'll probably pull the trigger for FFXV and wait with playing WD2 and Dishonored 2 until I get one.

I wish they would clarify the mandatory situation, whether devs can opt out or not.

Wait a minute guys, these are all games that will retroactively implement PS4 Pro support, right? Which means, all games releasing after PS4 Pro have to have Pro options?

I don't think that's the case. Specifically saying that PS4 first party software coming in 2017 will all have pro enhancements, and not saying software in general, is pretty telling that I don't think it's going to be required for everything.

I do expect most large third party games, say, from activision, will have them, but I wouldn't hold hope for every single title.

PigzFly

Absolutely heartbroken. Someone get on the horn to Shu. We need his influence to get Bloodborne patched.

Freeman76

I don't think that's the case. Specifically saying that PS4 first party software coming in 2017 will all have pro enhancements, and not saying software in general, is pretty telling that I don't think it's going to be required for everything.

I do expect most large third party games, say, from activision, will have them, but I wouldn't hold hope for every single title.

Sony have already said that all games will require PRO options going forward, and that this must not come at the cost of performace on the base PS4.

cwvmq_6xaaaqoo7pbuem.jpg

Loudninja

Other confirmed games:
Mass Effect
Killing Floor 2
Watch Dogs 2
Final Fantasy 15
The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2
NiOh
Days Gone
Horizon Zero Dawn
Gran Turismo Sport
For Honor
Resident Evil 7

I thought all games released after the Pro had to have a pro mode.

The real question is do we know about how these games will be enhanced for 1080p?

Sanke__

HYPE
HYPE
HYPE

Can't fucking wait
Hoping I can pick up the pro from GameStop at midnight so I can system data transfer while I sleep then enjoy glorious 4kish games on the 10th after work

Luke_Wal

The two games I'm playing right now? XCOM 2 and Ratchet and Clank.

I'm particularly interested in the XCOM 2 patch; the game is HORRIBLY optimized on consoles, so I wonder if that's it or if it's just a native 4K thing. Either way, you won't find me complaining.

Also: is Robinson: The Journey coming out soon? I hadn't heard anything about that game in a while, but it's on the list of games already out!

FelipeMGM

Other confirmed games:
Mass Effect
Killing Floor 2
Watch Dogs 2
Final Fantasy 15
The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2
NiOh
Days Gone
Horizon Zero Dawn
Gran Turismo Sport