• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Sharefactory Thread.

A bit off topic, sorry, but does the PS4 record for 15 mins and then starts another 15 minutes (in sections) or does it continuously record always producing the last 15 minutes?

If it's the latter, I'm guessing it's the same with the new recording intervals of 1 minute, 3 minutes, 5 minutes etc.

It records the last 15 minutes and only saves when you hit the share button, else your hard drive would soon fill up.

Tenki

RdjNxXk.png

welp

repeater

Is there any way to get your custom added music (or any music track added really) to fade out? I haven't found it, and having the music cut off abruptly when the clip ends really bugs me.

Wulfegang

Is there any way to get your custom added music (or any music track added really) to fade out? I haven't found it, and having the music cut off abruptly when the clip ends really bugs me.

I couldn't find a way. I would love that and fade in. I suppose you could edit the music clip in something like Audacity before you import it but that seems like such a pain, especially if you want to use that same music clip later and need it to fade out in a different place.

repeater

I couldn't find a way. I would love that and fade in. I suppose you could edit the music clip in something like Audacity before you import it but that seems like such a pain, especially if you want to use that same music clip later and need it to fade out in a different place.
Yeah, given that the tools in Sharefactory in general seem fairly sophisticated, this is a bit of a disappointment. Of course, everything it does can be done (better) on a computer, but if all you had to do was grab whatever music you need onto your PS4 and then you could do the rest from Sharefactory, that'd be convenient enough. I guess they'll patch in fading and other such tools, it seems like a no-brainer, but it's a bit surprising such a basic thing isn't there yet when a lot of the app seems really well thought through.

Hmm... is there no way to make FX disappear over a set period of time? As far as I can tell, I need to add a new clip to get rid of it..
Edit: I can also split the clip to get rid of it. Still, seems like an unnecessary step.

Pjsprojects

FX volume seems to high,can it be turned down? I turned the clips down and the commentary right up but some FX overpowers it.

How do I save to usb stick?

This has potential to become a free community-driven marketing machine for PS4 games. The PS4 transitions almost make it look official.

Upload to youtube must be on it's way.

That was my thoughts as well while watching some of the vids linked here. They run and look just like marketing packs, Sony is secretly getting people to just make marketing videos for them lol.

They need to give people access to Destiny now to make Destiny gameplay trailers look somewhat interesting.

I had a quick bash with Sharefactory and was very impressed, it's a very clever and intuitive interface. I thought video editing on a console would be a waste of time but I think I'm a convert.

I'm going to have a lot of fun with this.

I can edit a video of me playing Battlefield, have Yakety yak playing over it, and sporadicity start singing the lyrics.
Nextgen is here.

slash3584

That was my thoughts as well while watching some of the vids linked here. They run and look just like marketing packs, Sony is secretly getting people to just make marketing videos for them lol.

They need to give people access to Destiny now to make Destiny gameplay trailers look somewhat interesting.

Quote for thruth.

weeeeezy

Banned
Anyone here have both Xbox and PS4? I would love to hear the differences between upload studio and share factory and what they find better or worse.

Wulfegang

I thought I would give this another go and see if I could do a little better than my previous video. I tried combining SHAREFactory with Photo Mode in "infamous: Second Son and it didn't turn out too bad. I'm not sure why it shifted a little when I disabled the HUD in Photo Mode but maybe I can figure it out later. Their are a couple of features I hope they look to implement in the future like controlling the speed of the video and music fade in/out but this is a great start!

Smoke Em Out!

ckohler

I can see a "best practices" or "video editing 101" tutorial for ShareFactory being something useful judging by some of the clips here.

nero2082's clip is well done, synced nicely with the music and doesn't obscure the content. Probably could have been trimmed a bit more but otherwise is nice. Some of the other clips in this thread on the other hand... it's like a toddler was mashing the effects button, lol. :)

grimmiq

Just spent 15-20mins on a Ground Zeroes one..rendering now and will post when it's up..First time putting any sort of editing in videos, and found it pretty easy to understand.

Just wondering, if you could share factory playroom, I could theoretically make their own music videos video ShareFactory right?

Also some other things, do certain games (like Infamous) get their own special intros/outros? Is it automatically added so we don't have a choice? Not that I'm complaining because it looks so good and professional.

Now I wonder what I could try out.

Maybe Kid Cudi and Fez could be a good combination. I need for this work day to end

iratA

Can't get my video to render?

It says "This project cannot be rendered at this time. Projects can only be rendered if they are under 15 minutes in length and contain no placeholder video clips."

My video is only 3 minutes long so it must have something to do with the 'no placeholder video clips'. Can anyone explain what a placeholder clip is and how to fix this?

Here is a quick and dirty video I threw together in SHAREFactory using music I imported from my external drive. I uploaded to Facebook so I wouldn't get flagged. Note: any music you want to import has to be in the following directory on your USB device (replace G: with whatever your drive letter is on your PC): G:\SHAREFactory\Music\"

Into The Jungle!

Well done but honest question why does the game footage quality look so poor? Will it always look worse on Facebook compared to Youtube? Just want to know because if it's going to continue to look like that on Facebook I'm not going to bother.

Gaz_RB

Well done but honest question why does the game footage quality look so poor? Will it always look worse on Facebook compared to Youtube? Just want to know because if it's going to continue to look like that on Facebook I'm not going to bother.

Facebook uploads are horrible :( thats why I'm so glad they've added the usb option.

Wulfegang

Did you click on the HD button at the bottom of the video? I forgot to do that at first and couldn't figure out why it looked like it s 240p. But yeah, even after doing it still doesn't look great. I much prefer putting them on YouTube but didn't want to get flagged because of the music.

Kane1345

Can't get my video to render?

It says "This project cannot be rendered at this time. Projects can only be rendered if they are under 15 minutes in length and contain no placeholder video clips."

My video is only 3 minutes long so it must have something to do with the 'no placeholder video clips'. Can anyone explain what a placeholder clip is and how to fix this?

I have this exact same problem with a 2 min video. Anyone?

halfbeast

Banned
looks like a Magix Montage Maker lol - but really good stuff here. how's the (I guess) custom music working? do you have to capture game footage without the ingame music playing or does the program somehow silence it?

Garland7G

Running into sharefactory bugs. Specifically, when adding music to a clip with multiple stickers. It makes the audio skip. :(
Need to find a work around I guess.

Just adding this here as well.
I was able to work around it by splitting the audio. Still, You can tell and other audio hiccups occur. Oh well, I post a link after its done. Dynasty Warriors 8. ;)

iratA

I have this exact same problem with a 2 min video. Anyone?

About Placeholder Clips Rendering Error:

Ok just worked this out. 'Placeholder Clips' are added when there is too much audio and not enough video. So say you add a music file that's 3:02 but your video only goes for 3:00 it automatically adds these 'Placeholder Clips' as video filler. In my case it was at the end of my video. Edit your music or video length to match, this should delete the 'Placeholder Clips' (they look like a film reel in your video). After that you should be all good to render your video :)

Garland7G

Ok just worked this out. 'Placeholder Clips' are added when there is too much audio and not enough video. So say you add a music file that's 3:02 but your video only goes for 3:00 it automatically adds these 'Placeholder Clips' as video filler. In my case it was at the end of my video. Edit your music or video length to match, this should delete the 'Placeholder Clips' (they look like a film reel in your video). After that you should be all good to render your video :)

This drove me nuts for half an hour. I got around it by splitting my audio in the middle of the ending transition and deleting each audio clip after. Those place holders finally went away. ;)

Kane1345

Thanks! :)

iratA

This drove me nuts for half an hour. I got around it by splitting my audio in the middle of the ending transition and deleting each audio clip after. Those place holders finally went away. ;)

Yep that will do it. I suspect plenty of people will run into this problem. Especially after importing their own music. Perhaps we could add some hints and tips in the OP?

Kane1345

The problem now is abrupt ending to music lol. They should add the ability to fade the music track out during the last transition. Unless that's in already and I've missed it

Top Bottom