• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Sharefactory Thread.

Wulfegang

The problem now is abrupt ending to music lol. They should add the ability to fade the music track out during the last transition. Unless that's in already and I've missed it

I was having that problem with my inFamous video. Tried to find a decent stopping point in the middle of a song that didn't sound too bad. Too abrupt and jarring.

Did you click on the HD button at the bottom of the video? I forgot to do that at first and couldn't figure out why it looked like it s 240p. But yeah, even after doing it still doesn't look great. I much prefer putting them on YouTube but didn't want to get flagged because of the music.

My bad. Looked much better when clicking HD.

KOHIPEET

Here is a quick and dirty video I threw together in SHAREFactory using music I imported from my external drive. I uploaded to Facebook so I wouldn't get flagged. Note: any music you want to import has to be in the following directory on your USB device (replace G: with whatever your drive letter is on your PC): G:\SHAREFactory\Music\"

Into The Jungle!

Pretty damn good choice of music, and quite a good choice of gameplay. The two fits together nicely.

Wulfegang

Here is my first attempt
http://youtu.be/FkPImSaTQSo

Feel free to criticize, feedback is good for future quality.

I assume it has not finished processing since it was 240p. Other than that it looked good to me :). It seems to suffer from the problem everyone is having and not being able to have the music fade in or out.
I probably use my PC video editing software before uploading to YouTube until I find out if they will implement that later. For those only want to edit on PS4 I think this looks great, is an amazing app, and has tons of potential.

Can't wait to get home from work, try and locate my USB drive and make some videos lol.

Well done though with the ShareFactory. Will be a lot of fun to play around with.

v1lla21

Can't wait to get home and record some fun BF4 kills :D I wish I had FIFA to show you guys how to cross like a boss (Main way I score goals lol).

And Star Wipe!

0_21.jpg

Some of the wipes are goofy.

Garland7G

Spent way more time than I should have on this. I don't know if its because I'm not familiar with the software or its just buggy, but I ran into a ton of issues.
First off, Dynasty Warriors 8 doesn't have any sound in ShareFactory. Ok, so next I had to recapture the footage several times as the share bug didn't record my gameplay.

After that was sorted, I tried adding some music to it (flagged already) but since the song was longer than the clip, it added some 'fake tiles' to fill in to where the song ended.
Only, you can't render your clip with these fake tiles in your movie, just cause. 30 minutes later I end up trying to split the audio and delete the excess. That worked, cool.

Next I added a bunch of 'pow' and 'kapow' stickers all over this one scene near the end, every thing looked fine in ShareFactory. So I render the clip and the audio skips right where the stickers transition into the next scene. Then it cut out completely for the rest of the video. So after moving the audio around and re-rendering the clip 3 times, nothing changed. Finally I just split the audio at the stickers and called it a day in ShareFactory.
The skip is very noticeable in the video, which sucks because it was looking decent up until then.

But wait theres more. Next I played the video from the capture gallery and recorded onto my pc with the elgato. Then I pulled it into movie maker to shake off all the jank.
Whew, it was quite a ride, one that I don't want to take again until the next update. :/

TLDR: Dynasty Warriors 8 XL PS4 ShareFactory

Garland7G

You guys finding Sharefactory easy to use?

It has a lot of quirks that you need to get use to, I'll say that much. There are a lot of little issues that arise, given enough time you can work through them.
Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with it, but atm I'd rather use movie maker.

SOLDIER

I'm certain there will be a comprehensive guide in the OP soon, but for now I've got a few questions while I attempt to wrap my head around the numerous features of Sharefactory.

1. What's the easiest way to cut out a part of the footage you don't want in your video?

2. What about rearranging the order of clips, like moving one scene that took place at the end and put it in the beginning, and vice versa?

3. Is there an undo button when trimming/editing clips?

4. When using music from your USB drive, do you have to reinsert the USB every time you want to play the song, or does Sharefactory save it along with your video (whether in progress or not)?

5. Finally, how long does the PS4 keep unsaved recorded footage (the 15 minute chunks)? Is there a way to save footage so it doesn't get deleted without having to upload it?

Daximuss

Does Share Factory allow us to modify/enhance screenshots as well?
Also, is it possible to create screenshots from your recorded video while in Share Factory?

Garland7G

I'm certain there will be a comprehensive guide in the OP soon, but for now I've got a few questions while I attempt to wrap my head around the numerous features of Sharefactory.
I will attempt to answer these, as I've spent some time with it.
1. What's the easiest way to cut out a part of the footage you don't want in your video?
Select the area you want to cut. Press 'square'. Select split clip (not trim). Split around the part you want and delete the excess.
2. What about rearranging the order of clips, like moving one scene that took place at the end and put it in the beginning, and vice versa?
I haven't tried this personally, but I'm almost certain its the same as step one, except when you are done you press 'square' and select move clip.
3. Is there an undo button when trimming/editing clips?
If there is, I haven't found it yet. And I looked believe me. I recommend saving often.
4. When using music from your USB drive, do you have to reinsert the USB every time you want to play the song, or does Sharefactory save it along with your video (whether in progress or not)?
Sharefactory will save the song with all the other songs useable in sharefactory. So once you upload it, you can remove the stick and use the song in other videos.
5. Finally, how long does the PS4 keep unsaved recorded footage (the 15 minute chunks)? Is there a way to save footage so it doesn't get deleted without having to upload it?
Yes, once you hit the share button and select upload video, you can now press 'square' to save your file. Also if you open a video in ShareFactory it will automatically save your video. (worked 4/5 times for me)
Once you render your video in ShareFactory, it will be forever saved in your Capture folder.

Edit: When importing MP3's from a usb you must save them in the directory [SHAREfactory/Music] for sharefactory to recognize the file.

SOLDIER

Select the area you want to cut. Press 'square'. Select split clip (not trim). Split around the part you want and delete the excess.

I figured it was split and not trim, but how do you "select" an area? Say I want to cut a whole 2 minutes from the video, how do I highlight the beginning and end of the clip I want to split (and then delete)?

Yes, once you hit the share button and select upload video, you can now press 'square' to save your file. Also if you open a video in ShareFactory it will automatically save your video. (worked 4/5 times for me)
Once you render your video in ShareFactory, it will be forever saved in your Capture folder.

Do you still have to upload the video before you can save it? Or can you just get to the upload screen, save the video with square and then back out?

Thanks for answering my questions. The only major question I have left is how to discover music I would like to use. Pandora is rather limiting in that regard.

Gaz_RB

I figured it was split and not trim, but how do you "select" an area? Say I want to cut a whole 2 minutes from the video, how do I highlight the beginning and end of the clip I want to split (and then delete)?

Do you still have to upload the video before you can save it? Or can you just get to the upload screen, save the video with square and then back out?

Thanks for answering my questions. The only major question I have left is how to discover music I would like to use. Pandora is rather limiting in that regard.
I get a lot of new music from movies and tv.

Garland7G

Use the D-pad to move to the start of the area you want out, hit split. Move to the end of the area you want out and hit split again.
Then use the D-pad to scroll over the area you cut and hit delete clip. That section will be gone.
Nah, you don't have to upload it, just hit save 'square' button, after you hit share.
Np, glad to help ;)
Also, ShareFactory has some music already in it, like 20ish? different tracks you can use.

Just tried SHAREfactory (jesus, it's like the tiny brother of DRIVECLUB) and I'm loving it so far. The only thing I really miss is an option to fade out music. For a very basic impression of a fade out in the end I had to split the music in 3 parts and made every part slightly quieter. Took me about 20 minutes for this clip:

http://youtu.be/qZQPZQTewhY

mollipen

We're going to REALLY need better options for title cards, because right now, the ones offer in Share Factory are taking me back to the days of bad movie maker software.

SOLDIER

I can't get my USB drives to work on the PS4. Do they need to be formatted a certain way in order for the system to read them?

Edit: Nevermind, had to format it to FAT32.

Top Bottom