• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 surpasses 5M consoles sold in Japan

Rncewind

Where's Xbox One on this chart?

OGOpR5w.jpg

Fukuzatsu

Holy fuck. Now this is impressive

That's the interesting thing. No matter how the Xbox is ever doing, the number is so small that for all intents and purposes games like Monster Hunter World or Final Fantasy XV are PS4 exclusives in Japan. GTAV and MGSV are two of the system's best-selling games, and while overseas there's some split between consoles, in Japan it's no contest.

DQXI and MHW will move consoles. I could see it hitting 8 to 10 million when all is said and done. Not bad considering the Japanese market, enough for Japanese developers to continue to support the console.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
The fact that it's right at PS3 launch-aligned seems less than impressive. Different eras I guess.

Its pretty impressive depending on where your coming from. Back in the 7th gen, Japan was much less mobile inclined, and yet even today where its much harder to sell a console in that location, PS4 is still selling at around the same pace, and more importantly, software is selling at a faster pace than PS3's software as well.

MHW and DQ11 will probably both individually sell more than any software previously released as well. PS4's problem right now i would say is the staggered release schedule between impactful releases

ethomaz

Banned
I wrote a new perspective of PS4 sales in MC thread... I think it fits this thread pretty well.

2014: 970.667 (45 weeks), 21.5k per week
2015: 1.330.410 (53 weeks), 25.1k per week
2016: 1.799.586 (52 weeks), 34.2k per week
2017: 901.699 (29 weeks), 31.1k per week

2017 is still lacking holidays sales that will increase the avg. to probably over 2016.

Top Bottom