• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 System Update 1.70 is Live

FeiRR

Banned
The option in the power menu to switch profiles made me smile.

Going to play BF4 now to check if recording is fixed. My most expected bugfix.

RedAssedApe

Banned
System wide announcements?

3E3rbMK.jpg

yup this is on the ps mobile app too

whitehawk

Banned
http://www.twitch.tv/kowaku

Just started streaming, should be up soon.

edit: My upload isn't great, so I'm just going to stand still so you can see the quality.
Just noticed with the stream that when I'm in full screen, I get notifications if I get a new comment + it updates me on how many viewers i have.

Also!!!

- You can still upload screenshots/video while broadcasting.
- You can view comments without having to switch streaming modes.

Cess007

There's a new notification type. "From PlayStation" also can't download share factory. :(

Give it a couple of minutes to Share Factory before trying again. I could see the App but there was no "Download" button, after 5 minutes i tried again and it appeared.

Ohhh, when you press "SHARE" the "video clip" actually plays in the thumbnail!

Ehh, that always happened. You just needed to wait for the thumbnail to load and it started playing

mollipen

Twitch actually looks worse now.

edit: it might just take longer to buffer, but it doesn't look any better to me.

Definitely looks better for me. Are you making sure to find streams that denote that they're broadcasting via 1.70 in higher res? Watching streams that specifically aren't doing that won't show any improvement.

Can confirm. This may tick some people off. It'd be cool if they could temporarily enable HDCP while using Netflix and turn it off when gaming (if you had it disabled before).

Ugh. Yeah, they're really going to have to make a better system for this.

Bishop89

awesome.

Is the vita update live too?

Also reading through the patch notes.

"You can now start a screensaver"

Interesting...

hawk2025

I don't want to make claims due to placebo effect, but can anyone check how Vita remote play feels?

I'm feeling and seeing significantly less input lag due to the streaming.

Chuck

Still without luck
PSN still asks me to sign up for plus even though I'm a fucking member.

fuck off

I realize this doesn't have anything to do with this update but holy shit STILL

ckohler

Um, holy crap. The UI is WAY faster now! Bringing up "What's New" is instantaneous. The store is more responsive. Even trophy syncing is faster.

Anybody else seeing this too? Maybe they should have called this the Performance patch.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Interesting, seems to be some type of notifications when there's chat activity if you go fullscreen on live streams

REhgFII.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Screensaver seems to just be dimming the screen.

No share factory app showing up in the UK - assume its in the apps section of the store?

Bishop89

Um, holy crap. The UI is WAY faster now! Bringing up "What's New" is instantaneous. The store is more responsive. Even trophy syncing is faster.

Anybody else seeing this too? Maybe they should have called this the Performance patch.

ive noticed this too.

mollipen

When hitting Option on a tile in the main menu, weren't "Close Application" and "Delete" very close together before (a terrible idea)? They're far apart now.

Top Bottom